How to recall a player on loan??

If you're able to recall a player it is listed under the transfer tab as "recall from loan". if it's not there you can't recall him

I have 11 players out on loan including as I said earlier players on loan at my feeder club and there is no 'recall from loan' option on any of them so something is wrong somewhere.

I have 11 players out on loan including as I said earlier players on loan at my feeder club and there is no 'recall from loan' option on any of them so something is wrong somewhere.

Then you can't recall them. Simple as that.

You're probably playing in a league were loans must finish inside the transfer window, which you currently aren't, therefore you can't recall players as that would finish the loan outside the transfer window.

Then you can't recall them. Simple as that.

You're probably playing in a league were loans must finish inside the transfer window, which you currently aren't, therefore you can't recall players as that would finish the loan outside the transfer window.

I am playing as Stoke and as I said before some of the players are ones I have sent out to my feeder club, Stevenage. It says in my Affiliated clubs screen that players can be recalled from this club at any time.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe this :rolleyes:

I have a whole bunch of talented young players out on loan, and I specifically negotiated the "can be recalled" clause into all their loan contracts. I planned to recall them if I had an injury crisis or if the fixture list got hectic.

Have just got to December in the English Premiership, matches are about to come every 2 or 3 days for a few weeks, and apparently none of my youngsters can be recalled.

My fairly small squad is about to be decimated. I'm beside myself with joy.

• 2 weeks later...

Does any know anything about this? I'm having the same problem.

I have a whole bunch of players out on loan, I know for a fact I negotiated recall clauses for them. It is the end of November, I'm in the premier league and they are all loaned to English clubs. I have an injury crisis and and I NEED to recall a couple. I CANNOT find a "recall from loan" option ANYWHERE. I'd be delighted if I could at least see an option that was greyed out.

Is this a bug or have SI just hidden the option to annoy? Does anyone know???? Please?????

Does any know anything about this? I'm having the same problem.

I have a whole bunch of players out on loan, I know for a fact I negotiated recall clauses for them. It is the end of November, I'm in the premier league and they are all loaned to English clubs. I have an injury crisis and and I NEED to recall a couple. I CANNOT find a "recall from loan" option ANYWHERE. I'd be delighted if I could at least see an option that was greyed out.

Is this a bug or have SI just hidden the option to annoy? Does anyone know???? Please?????

Haven't you read the rest of this thread?

If the option isn't there, it means they cannot be recalled, probably due to you being outwith the transfer window.

Yes I have read the thread, oh snotty one. There are no league rules in England that stop a recall clause outside of any transfer window. Not in the rules section of the Premier League in the game, not in the rules section of the football league, not in the rules section of either in the real world.

So where is the recall option and if it doesn't exist, is it being fixed?

From what I've seen elsewhere only if a fee is involved (which doesn't count wages) can you not have a functioning recall clause. I just checked the contract sections of my on-loan players and the "clauses" sections of the contract with the loanee clubs are all blank. I specifically re-negotiated loan deals for this.

As for recalling outside of a transfer window, this is a real-world article of a manager fretting over 24 recall clause OUTSIDE of any transfer window.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=paul%20jewell%20sleepless%20nights%20over%20stockdale%20recall&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.greenun24.co.uk%2Fipswich-town%2Flatest-news%2Fsleepless_over_stockdale_1_1025128&ei=76i7UOXSJuLb0QXT7IHYAg&usg=AFQjCNHG1G58ZduqVrfTEuJLDmc77h3uew

I’ve had look about the net, BlueOwl. It does seem SI has mysteriously concluded that you cannot use a recall clause outside transfer windows, but nobody knows why and this has never been confirmed by SI as far as I can see. I also worry that there is no clause mentioned in my player contracts at their loan clubs and nothing is mentioned in the league rules on recall clauses. This is why I thought it was a bug.

Simple solution – if they’re aren’t going to reflect the reality of recall clauses then I won’t reflect the reality of injuries. FMRTE downloaded and injury crisis solved in the area where I would have recalled my player. My long-term injured left back is now at 100% fitness, just like the guy I have on loan with a (mythical?) recall clause.

Now getting the same issues. Can't recall any of my players that had it in the loan clauses and I really need them now.

So the official rule is that players with 'can be recalled' in the loan contract, can't actually be recalled unless it's in the transfer window?

So the official rule is that players with 'can be recalled' in the loan contract, can't actually be recalled unless it's in the transfer window?

Im playing in the UK and that does indeed seem to be the game rule, which is not the same as real life rule.

It's actually destroyed the end of my season. After losing two games all season, I lose two and draw one of my last three league games. I wouldn't mind so much because I've won the title already, but I'm thinking morale is going to be very low for the champions league final.

Oh well, live and learn.

Are all the loaned players you are having trouble recalling long term loans? ie more than 3 months? I'm sure there's a rule (in England anyway) which says players on long term temporary transfers cannot be recalled. If this is indeed the case, then the game has to grey out the 'can be recalled' option when negotiating the deal.

It's ridiculous! Has anyone asked SI what have they said?

I can't recall even players on loan at aflliated clubs, and im in Italy with Napoli.

Why have they introduced this ridiculous rule if it doesn't exist!? They might think oh it doesn't matter, but this thread shows it does! We have players we can't recall at an important point of the season.

So are they planning to fix it in a patch?

53.2.1 Subject to the proviso that the duration of a Standard Loan must be the time between two Transfer Windows, Standard Loans can be for half a Season or a full Season. Any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the second (January) Transfer Window. Any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between both Clubs and the Player but can only be completed after the expiry of 28 days and only during a Transfer Window (but subject to Regulation 53.2.2 below).

http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20110629/section-6-players_2293633_2125731#60

Excerpt from the Football League rules, guess SI do know what they're doing this time :lol:

6.6.3 Long Term Loan Transfers – [A Conference National Club may have up to eight (8) Long Term Loan Transfers per season, a maximum of which four (4) must be aged 23 or under on 30 June prior to the start of the Playing Season, and a maximum of four (4) aged over 23 on 30 June prior to the start of the Playing Season. Conference North and Conference South] Clubs may have up to a maximum of four (4) Long Term Loan Transfers of any age during a Playing Season.

Long Term Loan Transfers shall be for a full Playing Season; or from any date prior to 31st August to any date between 1st and 31st January; or from any date between 1st and 31st January (theJanuary transfer window) to the end of the Playing Season.

A Player on Long Term Loan may not be recalled, except for a goalkeeper or where the Player is to be transferred permanently by the Club (or club) holding his registered contract. A Player other than a goalkeeper so recalled cannot be permitted to play for the Club (or club) holding his registration after such recall until the end of the Playing Season. Players so recalled can only be replaced by a further Long Term Loan with permission from the Company. Long Term Loan Transfers will not count against the number of Short Term Loan Transfers.

http://www.thefa.com/~/media/Files/TheFAPortal/governance-docs/rules-of-the-association/fa-handbook-2012-13.ashx

Excerpt from the FA's standardised rules section for all leagues in England.

• 1 year later...

Heh, yeah I was pretty stubbed too when I learned about this rule. Got a young and talented forward out on loan which I thought I'd recall when I needed him. When I realised I did indeed need him it wasn't possible to recall him until the next transfer window.

I guess I need to read the rules better next time... :)

• 1 year later...
I’ve had look about the net, BlueOwl. It does seem SI has mysteriously concluded that you cannot use a recall clause outside transfer windows, but nobody knows why and this has never been confirmed by SI as far as I can see. I also worry that there is no clause mentioned in my player contracts at their loan clubs and nothing is mentioned in the league rules on recall clauses. This is why I thought it was a bug.

Simple solution – if they’re aren’t going to reflect the reality of recall clauses then I won’t reflect the reality of injuries. FMRTE downloaded and injury crisis solved in the area where I would have recalled my player. My long-term injured left back is now at 100% fitness, just like the guy I have on loan with a (mythical?) recall clause.

6.6.3 Long Term Loan Transfers – [A Conference National Club may have up to eight (8) Long Term Loan Transfers per season, a maximum of which four (4) must be aged 23 or under on 30 June prior to the start of the Playing Season, and a maximum of four (4) aged over 23 on 30 June prior to the start of the Playing Season. Conference North and Conference South] Clubs may have up to a maximum of four (4) Long Term Loan Transfers of any age during a Playing Season.

Long Term Loan Transfers shall be for a full Playing Season; or from any date prior to 31st August to any date between 1st and 31st January; or from any date between 1st and 31st January (theJanuary transfer window) to the end of the Playing Season.

A Player on Long Term Loan may not be recalled, except for a goalkeeper or where the Player is to be transferred permanently by the Club (or club) holding his registered contract. A Player other than a goalkeeper so recalled cannot be permitted to play for the Club (or club) holding his registration after such recall until the end of the Playing Season. Players so recalled can only be replaced by a further Long Term Loan with permission from the Company. Long Term Loan Transfers will not count against the number of Short Term Loan Transfers.

http://www.thefa.com/~/media/Files/TheFAPortal/governance-docs/rules-of-the-association/fa-handbook-2012-13.ashx

Excerpt from the FA's standardised rules section for all leagues in England.

Do your homework before ridiculing SI.

• 2 weeks later...

From FM15 you can speak to the other club's manager about the lack of playing time, doesn't always help but sometimes it can.

Option is on the other manager's page under interactions .

My players on Loan are not seeing matches i need them back

You can do so within a transfer window if you selected 'recall player' in the loan contract. Other than that you need to be more careful with what you do and check the rules

Archived