FM 13: Wolverhampton Wanderers - A Scandinavian Revolution!

wanderer89

Welcome to Wolverhampton Wanderers - A Scandinavian Revolution!

wolverhampton-wanderers-logo.png

Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club (commonly referred to as Wolves) is an English professional association football club that represents the city of Wolverhampton in the West Midlands region. They are members of the Football League Championship, the second highest level of English football, after they were relegated from the Premier League during the 2011–12 season. The club was founded in 1877 and since 1889 has played at Molineux.

stan_cullis_stand_molineux_wolverhampton.jpg

Having won the FA Cup twice before the outbreak of the First World War, Wolves consolidated their reputation as a top side under the legendary management of ex-player Stan Cullis after the Second World War, going on to win the league three times and the FA Cup twice between 1949 and 1960. It was at this time that the European Cup competition was established, after the English press declared Wolves "Champions of the World" following their victories against such top European and World sides as South Africa, Racing, Spartak Moscow, and Honvéd in some of football's first live televised games. Wolves have yet to match the successes of the Stan Cullis era, although they did contest the first UEFA Cup final in 1972 against Tottenham Hotspur, and won the League Cup in 1974 under Bill McGarry and again in 1980 under John Barnwell. However, a decline set in and they found themselves in the Fourth Division by 1986, before a revival and back-to-back promotions under manager Graham Turner and record goalscorer Steve Bull saw them finish the decade in the Second Division, winning the Football League Trophy along the way.

article-0-13151215000005DC-908_634x385.jpg

The man that's brought in a new continental way of playing to a stale Wolves side, does he have what it takes to make us great once again?

Squad Analysis

Goalkeepers

Wayne Hennessey: Hennessey starts the game out injured for 3 months, but when he comes back, he should be considered as your first choice keeper as neither Ikeme or De Vries are good enough.

Carl Ikeme: You should think about selling him, he's not that good, and you have McCarey in the reserves if De Vries gets injured

Dorus De Vries: Should be your first choice until Hennessey gets back, not good enough in the long term as your first choice.

Left back

Stephen Ward should start as the first choice left back, your second choice left back will be George Elokobi, but as he starts the game injured for 5 weeks, it may be worth keeping youngster Jamie Reckord at the club, at least until Elokobi is match fit, so you have 2 fit left backs available if one gets injured.

Centre Backs

Roger Johnson and Christophe Berra should be the starting pairing at centre back, they're the strongest pairing, both good in the air, and Berra has the pace to recover if Johnson gets caught out, you've got decent back up in Georg Margreitter and Richard Stearman if you need/prefer.

Right Back

As right backs go, your first choice should be Kevin Foley, he's solid, dependable and composed, but he starts the game injured for 2 months, so you may have to start with Ronald Zubar, he may look the better right back, but as he lacks in the concentration area, Foley just gets in front for me, although, if you prefer neither of them, you've got Richard Stearman, Georg Margreitter or Eggert Jonsson who can play right back, so you're quite flush for right backs at the start.

Central Midfield

Central midfield is a position where you've got your pick of the bunch, you've got Tongo Doumbia (who's on loan, but has a fee agreed of £2.5m), Karl Henry, David Edwards, David Davis, Eggert Jonsson, Kevin Foley, and Jamie O'Hara, a pairing of Henry and Doumbia should be good enough for the Championship, if you like someone with a bit of a creative flair, then you have O'Hara, but the only problem with him is that he's injured for 5 months, he should do a job when he gets back to match fitness though.

Left Midfield/Wing

On the left flank you've got the options in Bakary Sako who should be your starting winger, especially if you like your wingers to run at the full back and whip a good cross in, he's got pace, crossing, and natural fitness so he can last the game. You have a few options if not though, you've got Stephen Hunt, Razak Boukari and Frank Nouble.

Right Midfield/Wing

On the right flank you've got options once again in Razak Boukari, who can play both wings, he should probably be your right winger, he runs at defenders and puts crosses in to the box, and has the height to get on to crosses in to the box, but if you don't like the look of him, you have the on loan Slawomir Peszko, who's just as good, if not better than Boukari, and if he does a good enough job for you, you have the option to buy him at £1m, you've also got options in Frank Nouble, a youngster in Zeli Ismail and Anthony Forde.

Strikers

Here's a position that lacks, you've got 3 strikers in Sylvan Ebanks Blake, Kevin Doyle, and Bjorn Sigurdarson, you may want to buy another striker, as I don't think any of them, bar Sigurdarson, can do a good job in the Championship, and the money you get from them, you could buy a couple of quality strikers as replacements.

Club Information

WolvesClubInfo.png

Tactics

As tactics go, Wolves aren't the most expressive of teams, but they can still play some good attacking football. I suggest playing a 4-4-2 with advanced wingers, a recommended XI would probably be -

Hennessey

Foley - Johnson - Berra - Ward

Boukari - Henry - Doumbia - Sako

Doyle - Sigurdarson

Transfer Budget

The board expect the Playoffs as a minimum, the season expectations are this:

Playoffs: £5m with £425k wage budget.

Promotion: £6.25m with £450k wage budget.

Winner: £6.75m with £475k wage wage budget.

Thanks for reading, hopefully this inspires you to try and take Wolves back among the elite and make them a dominant force in Europe!

P.S.

If there's anything I've missed or anything wrong, let me know and will do my best to correct it.

Thanks.

Much appreciated, tried to look at others and see what I could add, didn't wanna completely rip off people, just added my own spin on things, hopefully it's not too bad.

Why no. Team threads cover pretty much the same thing anyway.

Batth seems very overrated to me, he's practically good enough to get in the side on merit, let alone if you've got an eye on developing youth.

Expecting Sako to get a bit of an upgrade in the next patch.

Currently going well, I'm joint top after 13 games. I got The Frimpong on loan - he starts injured but if you leave it to transfer day he's recovered enough to sign. I also splashed out on Wellington Nem - a Brazilian worth 8.5m who has a minimum release clause of 3.5m - I figure he can drive us to promotion, but if not I should be able to get a tidy profit from him anyway, so far he's been quality.

Nice work on thread Wanderer89.

I agree with InterWolf Batth for some reason is great but Sako is shocking (stat wise). But in saying that i just finished my first season (winning the league) and Sako had average rating of about 7.50 which was by far the best rating for my wingers (Kris Commons 7.08, Hunt 7.20 and Hamill 7.40).

batth is definitely too good to leave out of the side..

i don't agree with your sentiment that doyle and SEB aren't good enough though... they should storm the league tbh.. but other than that.. great team thread mate, wolves should be a good prospect for league winners for sure, great squad and a big budget

Can't say I found Batth to be any good, never really did it for me, I had Berra and Johnson playing, found left back to be my tricky spot, so I signed Bordachow to play there, did well at CB for me too, and unlike RL, Zubar is actually quite good at RB.

Lost Zeli to Dundee Utd due to me not offering him a new contract :( got promoted though, finished 2nd behind Bristol City who ran away with the league.

hey guys... just started as game..

few questions...

who to bring in as ass man? no-one is interested at all...

weaknesses seem to be :

a creative mc (what with o'hara out and edwards not good enough)

striker (injuries)

great rw (bakari and sako don't seem good enough?)

any ideas?

hey guys... just started as game..

few questions...

who to bring in as ass man? no-one is interested at all...

weaknesses seem to be :

a creative mc (what with o'hara out and edwards not good enough)

striker (injuries)

great rw (bakari and sako don't seem good enough?)

any ideas?

As for an ass man, I kept Lange, he seems decent enough,, he did me well in the Championship and Premiership.

A creative MC, I'd probably go for Melikson or something like that, I signed him and he's been fantastic for me, him and Mark Davies, but I was in January and near the top when I signed Davies.

Striker wise, try and get Leonard Kweuke, guy is an absolute beast! A bargain at £3.2m too.

For the wing, I found Boukari to be terrible too, but give Peszko a go, did really well for me, loves to run down the wing and whip a ball in, and he has an agreed fee of £1m if he impresses!

i did see davies.. who was available for 5million, but the fans weren't keen, so i gave it a miss... and irefuse to sign kweuke , everyone signs him and it annoys me buying the same as everyone else :)

so far i've agreed to sign diskerud on a free who should be a decent player once he comes in january.

got offers in for kris commons, james forrest, majeed, selnaes, vilsvik and stephane badji...

but seeing the likes of david davis, matt doherty and co in the reserves is filling me with confidence.. they look like superb prospects and should get a few games alongside the other young players

I couldn't get Kweuke, mainly because I forgot (but I did sign him on my first save, but I lost it unfortunately), I did sign Johnny Russell, does well as a DLF.

I have Forrest, doesn't do it for me, average rating of 6.86, so I play with no wingers anymore. Wouldn't Bressan join you? Or has he gone elsewhere?

They're decent players, I recommend trying Zeli Ismail, his performances for me got better and better, until I forgot to offer him a contract and he joined Dundee Utd :( others have said that Liam McAlinden has done well for them, so perhaps give him a few cup games, see if he does the job :)

Wellington Nem if you're happy to blow 3.8m on one player. Its a minimum release fee, but he's worth 8m anyway so even if for some reason he didn't fit your system, just sell him at the end of t'season.

That's who I had! Playing as a DLF he was fantastic.

So... started my first Wolves save..

Transfers:

qTBrs.png?1

With Wolves it seemed like only a few select transfers were needed to make an already very strong team into a league destroying monster team :)

So I went ahead and identified Edwards, Craddock and Stearman as surplus to requirement and got what i could for them.

This left me with a bit extra money to play with and I went ahead and brought in the players you see above.

Will Hughes , I'm sure, is known to everyone here, clearly a huge talent, even at 17 and will be a future England regular I'm sure. A no brainer

Elyounoussi and Pohjanpalo were both very very cheap talented youngsters brought in to provide some competition, highly recommend them. Will provide screenies if anyone needs them.

Lazovic was my marquee signing, a huge coup for us, and is already top class, despite only being 21. Should rip the league apart from the wing or from amc.

here's a screenie... so happy with this signing.

uNdL9.png?1

Team:

I've drafted in David Davis and Matt Doherty into the first team, as I think they are more than capable as backup's, especially considering the injuries we have for the first few months.

My first XI would probably look like this currently:

qLGaF.png?1

Which I think is a very strong lineup and that's without my first choice keeper, first choice RB etc. I am still working out the tactic and formation but it will stay some form of 442 as I think it plays well to our strengths.

So far, I've been highly impressed with Danny Batth who will be getting a lot of game time, with a bit of training in the mental area, I think he'll be a top notch centreback for us. Oddly as some others have found out, McAlindon has been scoring for fun in pre-season, he just won't stop :/ currently has 6 in 4 :), will see if I can give him some game time too.

Oh, should probably note, i've changed the staff around too, but won't bore you with who.. but I will say, I've found Roy Aitken a superb Ass.man

Sorry for the long post, I just like to get everything down :)

Good starting lineup there welshace, never heard of Will Hughes, he any good? Only prospect from Derby I know is Mason Bennett, decent formation there too, I'm a fan of the 4-4-2, but just seeing Hunt in the team makes me cringe, much prefer Sako, had him playing well on my previous Wolves save, just couldn't replicate it again unfortunately.

I've got a screenshot of Lazovic 3 years later if you wanna see it, might put it in the Good Wingers thread, show people what he can become.

will hughes is further ahead and is in the first team for derby at 18yrs old irl... City, United and Arsenal chasing him aswell .. class act irl and in game...

lol, Hunt is a superb defensive winger for me, he adds a lot of stability to the left hand side of the pitch with Hughes and Ward storming forward all the time, he's much better than sako in game... sako just isn't anywhere near his real life counterpart.

will hughes is further ahead and is in the first team for derby at 18yrs old irl... City, United and Arsenal chasing him aswell .. class act irl and in game...

lol, Hunt is a superb defensive winger for me, he adds a lot of stability to the left hand side of the pitch with Hughes and Ward storming forward all the time, he's much better than sako in game... sako just isn't anywhere near his real life counterpart.

I'll have to check him out, sounds quite the prospect.

I suppose it depends on what you want in a winger, if he suits your needs, then he's good, I just tend to sell him cause I don't like him, in game or IRL lol.

ive just been promoted aswell as the mighty wolves!

came 2nd behind hudders who stormed it.

i signed grosskreutz from dortmud for 6.5million might seem a huge one but hes performed incredible for me.

also Adryan from brazil is a great AMC had him as a trequrista in a 4-2-3-1 and has a min fee of 875k! highly worth snapping him up straight away!

now to the pre season before the prem! come on

Started my Wolves save game tonight.

Signings included;

Wellington Nem for 3.5m from some Brazilian side (can't remember who atm, think it began with an F)

Danny Wilson & Jack Robinson on loan from Liverpool

Due to Karl Henry breaking his ankle (whilst on international duty for Jamaica!! I know crazy ay it) and Tongo Doumbia out for 6 months with damaged knee ligaments i also brought in David Fox from Norwich and Manny Frimpong on loan.

Amongst the outs are Jody Craddock to Leeds for 70k,

Steven Mouyokolo to Ipswich for 750k

nearly the whole of the development squad on loan

I tried to get rid of Edwards, Hunt & Stearman but no body wanted them (can't for the life of me imagine why #deadwood)

After 12 games i'm sitting in 5th position with 6 wins out of 6 at the golden palace but 5 defeats and 1 draw away from home, for some reason I just can't seem to sort my form out on the road but this also isn't helped by the fact that I have had a stupid amount of red cards and disallowed goals (must be a bug somewhere).

Still on track for promotion.

WOLVES AY WE

Must admit, i am one season in and really enjoying this years game.

Finished as champions, despite Blackburn having a 16 point lead at christmas we really gelled in the second part of the season.

Doyle finished as top goal scorer with 21. Sako had moments of pure brilliance but lacked consistency.

Johnson and Batth formed a great partnership at the back and we conceded the least in the league.

A bit dissapointed i couldnt turn doumbia's loan into a permanent one (he rejected me)

But the prem is going to be a challenge due to a pretty small transfer budget (8 mill) and the need to sell players to free up wages.

Looks like loan signings and freebies (gonna convert all the budget into wages)

I started a new Wolves save as I lost my other one due to it getting corrupted :(

Using Hough's new 5-3-1-1 tactic.

Needed to bring in players to fit the tactic, players I brought in were;

Ferrie Bodde - Free

Andre Zuba - Free

Papa Bouba Diop - Free

Damien Boudjmaa - £20k

Leonard Kweuke - £3.2m

Wellington Nem - £3.5m

Ahmed Fathi - £1.2m

Lee Wallace - £2.3m

Came to £10.75m for those, and I sold these for £7m;

Eggert Jonsson - £1.2m

Stephen Hunt - £2m

Dave Edwards - £2.8m

George Elokobi - £1m

Also let Nouble go out on loan to Exeter and Matt Doherty to Oldham.

My lineup looks like this when fully fit;

McAlinden

Boudjmaa

Diop - Henry - Bodde

Ward Fathi

Berra - Johnson - Batth

Andre Zuba

Played 5 games so far, they went as follows;

Capital One Cup

Northampton 0 - 4 Wolves

Championship

Barnsley 2 - 0 Wolves

Wolves 3 - 1 Nottingham Forest

Watford 2 - 2 Wolves

Capital One Cup

Birmingham City 0 - 2 Wolves

The games against Barnsley and Watford were disappointing as I outplayed them, just couldn't defend, and one of Watford's goals were lucky, he crossed it, it dipped in somehow, but the team are gelling atm, so not too bad, looking to kick on now and do better, not really settled on a main striker as none are scoring frequently, McAlinden keeps the spot as he keeps getting in to the spots to score, just can't finish them, but if I keep playing him, he'll kick on soon enough no doubt.

Will come back and update this when I'm January!

COYW!

Hows everyone getting on?

Season 2 i managed to finish 11th and season 3 up to the giddy heights of 3rd place in the prem! Europe here we come!

Although some played are attracting interest from big clubs, they seem to be prepared to pay big money.

Bakary Sako went to Liverpool for 10.5 mil

Ebanks-Blake to Stoke for 9 mil

Stearman went to Tottenham for 6 mil

Not bad considering they are not playing for there new clubs!

Also i strongly urge you to keep Danny Batth, just rejected an offer of 12m from Man Utd, because he turns out to be bloody brilliant!

yoyoyo my homies

Just finished the first season with my Wolves team. Just wanted to give you guys a little update on my season.

The season didn't really start that well, was around the middle of the table for the first few months. In November I got in gear and managed to get up to first place. The top was really packed and in April 6 or 7 teams were battling for the first place. My performance in the last games was really poor, containing a 5 games losing streak and before the last game I was sitting in 5th position. With a win I could climb up to second place and a secure position in the Premier League next year. The game against Birmingham away ended in a 2-0 defeat and I had to sit up with 5th position. In the playoffs I beat Millwall with a 2-0 victory away and a 1-1 draw at Molineux. The finals were against Bristol City and I managed a 2-1 win at Wembley with Will Hughes scoring the winning goal in stoppage time and securing my Premier League spot.

Transfers

okwth0.png

Will Hughes played nearly all of my games in the beginning but then got injured for 3 months. Only 17 years old but played pretty well.

I also bought Oskar Hiljemark, 20 year old midfielder for 900k, a real bargain. Was a first team regular all season and finished with most assists in the Npower Championship.

Adryan was also cheap, I didn't play him that much but with his 5 star report he is clearly one for the future.

I got Jonas Svenson in January but found out when he came that he had already played with 2 teams the last year so he was unable to play a single game that season.

Peace out !

On my first attempt with my beloved I finished 3rd in the championship going up via the dreaded/lovely playoffs. I blew a lead in the championship but still went up. Where have we seen that before?

Premiership I finished 5th. Now theres no substantial evidence to this as I started a new game, saved the file as the same name as the above game but in CAPITALS only this year it overwrites it. Star players for me though were,

Carlos Fierro - Favourite for a few years, can secure him on loan first season, but still have to pay around 6m to make it permanent. Worth it though.

Matias Destro - Got him on a free end of the first season. Scores a lot and his attributes are exactly what you need for a poacher.

I brought in the famous Ter-Stegan for 16m over 48 months, bit of a let down though.

Roger Johnson and Danny Batth were unbelievable together, Batth getting up to 10.75m end of the 2nd season, stick with him and he will be a god. Johnson has been good last few years so no real surprises there.

I played a plug and play tactic called The Hydra (credit to Mr U Rosler. You'll find the tactic in the Tactics sharing centre) Although I did find in my 3rd season the AI seemed to second guess me and results were not as convincing. :?

On my current game I've got an injury free Wellington Nem and just into January and he has 23 assists and doesn't take corners.

Also Macheda is on loan at Brighton and has 31 in 25 starts. Just a heads up.

I know you might not want to believe me because of the lack of evidence, but I will be back for this save with the cold hard proof. Hope I've helped a little.

Peace! x

Hi All,

JUst thought i would give you all a run down on my Wolves save which at long last is strating to become my best ever on any FM game.

1st season is the wonders of the championship, managed to finish 2nd behind Birmingham who beat me by about 7 points but considering i was 11th at christmas and the board not happy with me i was more than happy to take that. At the start of the season i sold all the players i could who's contracts ran out at the end of the year, Hunt,Edwards,Craddock,Seb & Big George and Zubar and used the money in selling them to buy the 3 brazil boys Welington Nerm, Adrayn & Felipe Anderson i also loaned Amin Younes and signed lee naylor (yes the old boy) and Zanetti on free transfers.

I started of trying to play with an attacking 4-2-3-1 formation but could get the shot on goal but just didn't seem to score enough and was quite open at the back so around christmas time went back to my normal 4-5-1 formation with a anchor man and 2 inside forwards and thats what managed to get me up the table (just a heads up i would sugest you don't let Hammill extend his loan was amazing for me in the second half of the season).

2nd Season so began my quest to stay up and try and start finding young players in the hope that 4-5 years down the line i could be able to get european football but also have a strong enough squad to not go back down. The season only had 1 highlight which was a opening day victory over Arsenal 2-0 at home, results were very mixed but managed to stay up finishing 16th with 43 points 11 above the drop zone.

the next few season players came and went but i had signed about 7-8 young players that were really progressing very well in my under 18's & reserve side think i spent about 12m on them all, some were free transfers, managed to finish 11th and 8th.

Season 5 while still using the 4-5-1 formation i had a cracking season some the youngsters were playing here and there in the main team and results were going well apart from the odd 1-0 defeat to teams that only have 1 shot on target all game compared to your 10+. The 5 big teams as i call them at the time Liverpool, Man U, Man City,Chelsea & Arsenal i still struggled against both home and away but managed to clinch 4th place on the final day of the season which i was amazed with.

Season 6, with champions league football and most of the youngsters now my first team i was excited by the challanges that laid ahead and looking back now it was another good season really 4th place finish again the league and i made it through my group in the champions league only to meet Real Madrid who it has to be said beat me like a red headed step child. I also managed to win the league cup my first bit over silverware but with the 2 4th place finishes in a row in the league the board were demanading i made it into europe the next season with my league position.

Season 7, Finished 5th in the league and made it to the champions league semi final where i was totally outclassed by Man City they ran me ragged and we had nothing to throw back at them but again for my young side i was pleased as my avg age was just 24 in the starting 11, 22 if you included my Subs.

Season 8 & 9 in the League were back to Champions league football with finishes in 4th and then a 3rd but in both season i was around 20 points behind the league winners, in season 8 i managed to win the euro cup beating Porto in the final 7-4 was kind of a end to end game with me just taking more of the chances, season 9's champions league run ended in another semi final lose to the other side of Manchester 5-1 over the 2 legs with a 1-1 draw at home.

Season 10 - 12 - towards the end of season 9 once i know my place in the champions league was sorted i went back to the formation i used right back in my first season 4-2-3-1 and the results i got were good, over the course of pre season i played around with them a little to try and suit the players i had but i didn't think the changes would make the difference they did. For those 3 seasons i went on a roll 3 Prem titles, 3 FA cup wins 3 League cup wins £ champions league wins and only losing the Euro Super cup once, whilst all this was happening the board had finally granted my wish of a new staduim and we moved into the Wolves Stadium in 2024 which hold 59,543 and i have never been below 99% capacity in the 2 season i had played there so far. Everything was going right, still lost a few games here and there and some really silly draws but all in all we were playing good football and the board and fans loved me. With this fame came players wanting high amount of wages and what went from a team finishing 4th in the league with a wage bill of about 700k a week now stands at a title winning team with a 1.7m wage bill a week but with new sponsorship deals including a staduim deal i am making 25m a year from that so it does balance itself out.

I have just finished playing my 13th season and this year didn't go so well as the last 3. Yes we still won the league and the champions league but was knocked out of the league cup in the 3rd round and thew FA cup in the 5th round (tbh not having so many games to play was a blessing) we won the league by a clear 20 points and a 5-1 win the champions league final against porto made for a good season all round (although the semi final against real madrid in which i was 4-2 down after the away leg did make for some squeaky bum moments in the home leg which we managed to win on away goals after winning 3-1).

Below are some screen shot of my players, history and a few other things

2012111600002.th.jpg

2012111600027.th.jpg

2012111600026.th.jpg

2012111600023.th.jpg

2012111600022.th.jpg

2012111600021.th.jpg

2012111600006.th.jpg

2012111600005.th.jpg

2012111600011.th.jpg

2012111600010.th.jpg

2012111600009.th.jpg

2012111600008.th.jpg

2012111600007.th.jpg

2012111600020.th.jpg

2012111600019.th.jpg

2012111600018.th.jpg

2012111600017.th.jpg

2012111600016.th.jpg

2012111600015.th.jpg

2012111600014.th.jpg

2012111600004.th.jpg

2012111600003.th.jpg

2012111600001.th.jpg

Just a question...does anyone believe these players are worth keeping?

Dave Edwards

Frank Nouble

I have signed:

Will Hughes

Adryan

Wellington Nem

Carlos Fierro (Loan)

Definitely not. Wellington Nem bossed the AM position where if anywhere id play Edwards. He is as bad as in real life imo and also his contract is up at the end of the season iirc so get rid asap. Nouble hasnt got no better for me after loans which isnt much surprise to me. And Fierro is unreal anyways.

Started as my beloved Wolves last week, hoping FM13 proves more of a challenge than FM12 where it was extremely easy to survive and then progress into a top 8 PL club.

There's a bit of a re-building job to be done, and my main aims are to clear the squad of some of the deadwood/older players such as Hunt (don't care how overrated he is, he won't be getting a chance), Elokobi, Edwards (eventually) and tap into various markets to find some more technically gifted players that will knock the ball about a bit. Also, I want to blood a few of the youngsters such as Batth, Forde, Ismail and McAlinden into the first team over time. The latter two are currently being tutored by Pennant and Doyle respectively (I was surprised a loan signing was allowed to tutor a youth player).

I'm playing a 'balanced/control' 4-1-3-2 formation with one holding DM (Henry) and two wingers (Sako and Peszko at the moment).

WolverhamptonWanderers_TacticsOverviewedt.jpg

My transfer activity in the first window was pretty limited as I thought the squad would be able to do a job for at least the first half of the season. I brought Matthew Briggs in on loan until January to provide competition for Ward. I also ended up bringing Frimpong in on transfer deadline day after realising he'd resumed light training, he'll give me another option in midfield when the fixtures pile up. My final signing was a permanent one for £1.2m - Ruben Yttergard Jenssen. He's someone I've bought on the two previous games and has impressed me greatly, this year it required a lot more effort to sign him and I fought off some big clubs for his signature. Ruben signs in January after the Norwegian league finishes.

RubenYttergaringrdJenssen_OverviewAttributes.jpg

I'm still in search of a DoF but my leading candidate is currently ex-Derby midfielder Lars Bohinen, who would be willing to take the job. He'd be primarily in charge of searching for younger players.

As I write this I'm beating Bristol City 2-0 away, which will leave me top of the league with a 100% record after 6 games (GD +14). The only team that came close to beating me were Peterborough who threw away a 2-goal lead and allowed me to win 4-2. I'm through to the 3rd round of the COC after two straightforward games against AFC Wim and Carlisle (Sigurdarson bagged all 4 goals in that game).

The victory at Bristol has come at a price as I've lost SEB for a month, but hopefully it won't disrupt the flow. I know 6 games is early days so I'm not getting carried away! I'll update in January with my progress.

It's good to see people doing well with Wolves, may all the good form continue! I can't seem to get in to a Wolves save atm, I can get promoted with ease, then I struggle, and think I'll start again, stuck in limbo atm!

You've got a nice formation there Laney, good to see Sako performing well for you! How does he play? Is he more of an assister, or does he get the goals? I like to have my wingers getting assists, but whatever you've got the team playing like it's obviously working for you! Keep up the good work everybody!

UTW!

Definitely not. Wellington Nem bossed the AM position where if anywhere id play Edwards. He is as bad as in real life imo and also his contract is up at the end of the season iirc so get rid asap. Nouble hasnt got no better for me after loans which isnt much surprise to me. And Fierro is unreal anyways.

I managed to shift Edwards as he was deadwood in my side, the main problem is getting rid of Nouble rally that is all. I have had a very good start to the season...

To overcome the language barrier and players blending into the squad is it worth me focusing on teamwork and team cohesion as well as tactics in match prep?

Will keep you all updated on my save...but as I write this my starting 11 is as follows:

Ikeme

Zubar - Batth - Johnson - Cresswell

Hughes - Doumbia

Wellington Nem - Adrayn - Sako

Fierro

Subs: De Vries - Stearman - Berra - Henry - Pzeko - Doyle - McAlinden

Currently playing as the mighty wolves, and I've managed 3 wins in 3 competitive matches.

1-0 over Leyton Orient in Capital One Cup, and 4-0 over Bristol City and 3-1 over Watford, both in the Championship.

I've signed Wellington Nem, Adryan & Xisco, all of which are doing very well. :)

I have just finished my first season, only signing Adryan. I finished 1st in the league on 107 points, securing the cup with 6 games left in the season. Kevin Doyle was probably the main reason I did so well, with 40 goals in 44 apps, and 11 assists!

Im not looking forward to the permiership :( I have gutted my squad during the season downtime but im unsure of who to sign. My aim for the next season is to survive relegation, and develop some youngsters.

Wolves ay we!

I have just finished my first season, only signing Adryan. I finished 1st in the league on 107 points, securing the cup with 6 games left in the season. Kevin Doyle was probably the main reason I did so well, with 40 goals in 44 apps, and 11 assists!

Im not looking forward to the permiership :( I have gutted my squad during the season downtime but im unsure of who to sign. My aim for the next season is to survive relegation, and develop some youngsters.

Wolves ay we!

happy that I didn't sell Doyle on mine then! Keep it going, let me know who you sign.

Okay so I'm near the end of the season one with Wolves. The Championship has finished with a three horse chase on the last day for the title. I ended up getting 2nd place, which I only managed to succeed in the 83rd minute of the last game against Blackpool, saved me the dreads of the Play-Off's.

So I realised my areas that needed strengthening were in the attacking department. I bought Zaha for £6 Million. Has anyone bought Zaha before? Will his potential be worth it for me?

And this is the part where I need help deciding what areas need strengthening...this is is my team in June 2013.

Hennessey

Foley - Batth - Johnson - Ward/Cresswell

Hughes - Henry

Redmond - Sako

Zaha - Doyle

Subs

ikeme - Stearman - Berra - Adryan - Wellington Nem - Sigurdsson - McAlindden

Also have: O'Hara - Boukari - Fierro (Loan Ending), plus a few more players.

Help on how to strengthen?! I'm worried the EPL is going to eat me alive.

• 3 weeks later...

Decided, I'm getting on this tonight, setting up a Wolves game, so I'll be posting in here for a bit :)

I'm planning on creating a young team, that can grow into a solid Premiership team.

I think you get a pretty hefty £6.75m starting budget, which coupled with one or two sales, I'd hope to have around £10m to inject into the team, on young, talented players.

Do Wolves get much money in January, in the first season?

I bought Zaha for £6 Million. Has anyone bought Zaha before? Will his potential be worth it for me?

I've just signed him, at the start of the game, I'll let you know how he gets on :thup:

Well, due to my new job I've took a while to get going with my Wolves career due to having so little time to play FM (not really what I was expecting when I put my last update on here). I've just got to January first season and we currently sit top of the league on 57pts (P23 W18 D3 L4), I made it to the Quarter Finals of the League Cup, thanks to an easy draw, where I eventually lost 2-0 to a full-strength Man City.

The team seem to have no problem finding the net; Doyle and SEB have 14 and 13 goals respectively, while Sigurdarson has chipped in with 7. The latter went through a purple patch where he didn't look like he was going to miss until he picked up a knock and was out for a couple of weeks. In reply to Wanderer89's question about Sako: he's done well for me, getting more assists than goals but that may be the way I'm playing him. Depending on my formation, he either plays as a winger or inside forward and is given license to roam. He's got 12 assists so far and 5 goals. My main issue is the occasional defensive slip-ups, which will be addressed in the coming weeks and the transfer window. Berra has just picked up a suspension which has allowed Danny Batth his first start after making a few substitute appearances and starting the cup games.

Both Hennessey and O'Hara are back from injury now so that should boost the squad slightly and I've also got Yttergard Jenssen coming in tomorrow. I'm looking to move Hunt and Elokobi on in January as both are attracting interest from a couple of clubs. I'd planned to try and sell Edwards but he's done alright over the first part of the season so I'll let him see out the rest of his contract. I've got a feeling I'll need a striker in on loan because Nouble is nowhere near good enough and I'm planning on sending him out on loan during the window.

I'm 10 points clear of 2nd place Leicester as whenever I slip up they seem to lose or draw themselves, and with a 12 point gap to the play-offs promotion is looking odds on. Stevenage are next up in the FA Cup 3rd round.

Stevemc: You seem to have a similar aim to me with bringing in a younger generation for a solid base of a Premiership team for years to come, I'm hoping with improved youth facilities I'll get some decent newgens in a couple of years. Anyone else still playing as Wolves?

Archived