FM12 Full Club Names

Erimus1876

I did this for FM11 and it was quite popular, so here it is again for FM12.

This DB has the full club names entered for all teams in the UK & Ireland, plus teams from the top two leagues in each European, South American, Oceania, and Asian country.

Club names will now appear in full in the mini scoreboard for 3D matches, fixtures, and league tables. Its a cosmetic change for those who are bored of seeing abbreviated or shortened clubs names as they appear in the default database.

Examples...

newfnw.jpg

new2ml.jpg

europat.jpg

eplu.jpg

Download here:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21250576/Full_Club_Names_dbc

File goes here: C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\editor data

Lovely font work for Euro Cup too.

Is this just a tiny file to change the names only? Can I add it to other files and my edited database without losing anything?

Its just the default database with full names entered into each club name field in the DB. You can merge it with your existing DB's or just run it with other DB's when you start a new game, you won't lose anything.

Its just the default database with full names entered into each club name field in the DB. You can merge it with your existing DB's or just run it with other DB's when you start a new game, you won't lose anything.

Dear Erimus1876 - How can I merge into my exisiting save? I have it in the editor data folder and I see I can add it if I start a new save. I don't see any changes after re-opening the game/re-loading skins. Thanks.

Yo

You can't. Data files always require a new save.

Thanks, phnompenhandy.......I did do a couple of new save's...good to go............

I do notice that with the skin I added that a team like Dagenham & Redbridge runs into the score when in the TV View.......the scoreboard did not expand with the name so the score was over the 2nd "D" in Redbri"D"ge. I'll have to change skins or just deal with it I guess

are porto and benfica in this update as well?

also are the officilal names of all european competitions (like champions league, bundes liga, ...) in this update, as well ?

No, I haven't done the official competition names as there's usually a file that comes out to do that without having to type them all in. I'm waiting for it myself, so if anyone knows if/when and where its available, let me know :)

As for the Portuguese team names, they are included with this DB too.

Dear Erimus1876 - How can I merge into my exisiting save? I have it in the editor data folder and I see I can add it if I start a new save. I don't see any changes after re-opening the game/re-loading skins. Thanks.

I think you can merge it with another DB in your editor, or just use it as part of your existing DB's when starting a new game. As has been mentioned, a new game must be started for the changes to work.

Thanks, phnompenhandy.......I did do a couple of new save's...good to go............

I do notice that with the skin I added that a team like Dagenham & Redbridge runs into the score when in the TV View.......the scoreboard did not expand with the name so the score was over the 2nd "D" in Redbri"D"ge. I'll have to change skins or just deal with it I guess

If you get a really long team name and are using a skin that uses large fonts for the mini-scoreboard in 3d games, you will get that problem. However its easily fixed by reducing the font size in your skins folder, or by changing the text size in your match mini scoreboard.xml file...

<!--home team name and badge--><widget class="ctbt" id="hmnm" font="fonts/verabd" size="9"

and...

<!--away team name and badge--><widget class="ctbt" id="awnm" font="fonts/verabd" size="9"

Alternativley simply download the file linked below and drop it into the following folder...

C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\skins\YourSkin\panels

...and it may do the job for you.

Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7AYMLNSC

I think you can merge it with another DB in your editor, or just use it as part of your existing DB's when starting a new game. As has been mentioned, a new game must be started for the changes to work.

Thanks Erimus1876....will give it a try........

If you get a really long team name and are using a skin that uses large fonts for the mini-scoreboard in 3d games, you will get that problem. However its easily fixed by reducing the font size in your skins folder, or by changing the text size in your match mini scoreboard.xml file...

<!--home team name and badge--><widget class="ctbt" id="hmnm" font="fonts/verabd" size="9"

and...

<!--away team name and badge--><widget class="ctbt" id="awnm" font="fonts/verabd" size="9"

Alternativley simply download the file linked below and drop it into the following folder...

C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\skins\YourSkin\panels

...and it may do the job for you.

Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7AYMLNSC

I was able to change the font...thanks......after doing so, I realized you made your mini scoreboard larger on the screenshots in this thread. Is that easy to do? Then I may be able to make the font larger as well?

I don't think the mini-scoreboard is any larger than the regular one, it probably just looks like it on that screenshot ???

I'm using the "dazs8" skin but with the "Flex 11" match mini scoreboard.xml file.

I don't really know much about creating skins so couldn't help with that unfortunately. I remember messing around with FM10 skins for hours trying to get the mini-scoreboard to expand to accept the full club names, but found it would always remain the same size no matter what values you gave it in the mini scoreboard.xml file. Eventually I found the only way to get the full names to show on the 3D match screen was to type them into all 3 'name fields' in the editor manually.

You can do either I think. You need to start a new game though for them to show up in your game.

Or you could change them on the default database or any other db you have, save it, then when you start a new game click on "change".

And just tick all the databases you want loading into your save. They will all merge into one within your game.

dbselect.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Stupid question. How would I do this in the editor for a created team? I have tried but it wont let me do anymore than 6 characters. Also, what font is being used for 'Euro Cup' in the screenie and could that be used in any skin?

• 3 months later...
Stupid question. How would I do this in the editor for a created team? I have tried but it wont let me do anymore than 6 characters. Also, what font is being used for 'Euro Cup' in the screenie and could that be used in any skin?

You need to change the club.xml file in your editor folder so it allows more than 6 characters.

I can't remember the font name, its been ages since I used that skin.

Archived