Is there going to be something done about the transfer system in patch 11.3?

Everywhere I hear (some) complains about the transfer system in FM this year. I also opened two threads about this in the past.

Main issue's in my opinion are:

• Clubs seem "afraid" to spend big money and prefer to buy average players for less money instead of a good player for a bit more. Proof for this can be found in this thread: CLICK. As far a I know, and please do correct me if I am wrong here, SI said some time ago that because of the global recession they tweaked FM that clubs in the first years would spent less money. Unfortunately this causes the problem that teams are getting weaker and weaker because they are selling better players than they are buying (except for teams as Man City). And also in real life there is not quite seen any signs of this.
  • This develops the problem that topteams have a lot of average players in their squad after a few season. Proof for this can be found in this thread: CLICK. A perfect example is Tottenham who are now under the guidance of Reddknap one of the best teams in England and maybe also in Europe, in FM they only get worse every season with selling great players as van der Vaart, Modric and Sandro and recplacing them with average players as Ferando Arce, David Hellebuyck and Edison Mendez
  • AI managed teams look way to much at the natural positions of players. For example: this is why Man Utd (AI managed team) constanly sells Ji-Sung Park and replace him with a average A/ML. Park is a natural MR but competent a sa ML or AML but seen the presence of Valencia and Nani as better A/MR's Park gets sold and the AI brings in a average A/ML like Simone Padoin or some old South American guy. Other example: In most of the games I play Balotelli gets sold by Man City after a couple of seasons, why? Because his natural position is a ST and so the AI rarely uses him as a AMR or AML while these are the main positions he is used on in real life by Mancini.

The only question I have is; is there going to fixed something about these known problems or are they going to be ignored until a next version of FM comes out in late 2011?

How long have you played FM? If you've played long enough, you'd know that unless it's a huge bug where Ronaldo and Messi get transfer listed, the transfer system is not going to be fixed by a patch. Have you ever seen SI admits that the FM transfer system is unrealistic? I haven't, so I doubt it will even be improved in FM2012. Enjoy the new features like being interviewed by journalists about your favorite players though.

Have you ever seen SI admits that the FM transfer system is unrealistic? I haven't, so I doubt it will even be improved in FM2012.

sure have, was talked about in the bugs forum with someone fom SI posting to say that they acknowledge it was wrong and its being looked at. The problem was that last year everyone said it was too hard to sign players, now its too easy, it is a fine line.

Everything the OP has stated i find is valid, most importantly is the 3rd point. This is a big issue that spreads across various facets. By not utilizing the versatility of a player, the AI sends him to reserves, sells him for minimum value and buys a very average player to replace him who is even less useful. This also limits his formation and role choices though those seem elementary as it is.

p.s. I think the issue in the easiness of signing a player should be projected by 5 variables.

1. The Current Club (Clubs like Porto, Lyon tend to demand much much more for players than most)

2. Loyalty

3. Importance to Club (An indispensable or important to first team is certainly should have a higher value and would have resistance from letting go.)

4. Happiness.

5. Club Finances ( A club that rakes in Revenues (not net income) of only $1 million would certainly be happy with selling a player for $3-4 million, whereas a club in healthy financial state and good revenues would demand more for it to even be worth to let him go.)

I think the problems with the transfer system are actually quite bad. From squad building, AI putting good players on the transfer list, teams not offering for your players, players being sold too cheaply, AI bidding the magic value nearly every time, not buying the right calibre of player and more... Its quite frustrating and i feel they just simply need to start the transfer system again from scratch because it should be much much better and this is one of the parts of the game that i enjoy the most. So i don't think anything will be done till atleast the next FM(i doubt it will actually be FM12) So i wouldn't hold your breath for the next patch in regards to the transfer system :(

They changed quite a few things from 11.1 to 11.2, so I'm hoping they change something in 11.3. Specially in the AI transfers, clubs seem to be afraid of big players, instead they buy some avg/poor ones and put them on reserves. This needs to be fixed.

There's clearly a bug in the transfer system too, when it comes to the team we are managing. In a career save I went from a poor financial team to a rich one, just selling players with the "50% next transfer" (AI seem to pay the player value + this clause every time), or making some very profitable loans (which are quite unrealistic, but they replace the low values you'll get from a transfer. It bothers me that, every single team can sell players far better than I do, but in financial terms it isn't that bad. I hope they change the match engine instead.

Also co-ownership is still seriously messed up. 1 example being Sassuolo(serie B) signing a young CB released by inter. 6 Months later he gets 50% of his half bought for 200k. At the and of the next season its time for bids to be made. Sassuolo put a bid in of 1.1M to get him and the other team offered 0 so they won. 6 Months later a team offers 200k for him again for half his contract and Sassuolo accept. What?! This has heppend with about 4 or 5 players in my league. So i'm waiting for them to buy his half back again for a riduculous fee. I've also had teams offer co-ownership for my promising players and when it comes to buying the other half i always win with a pretty crappy bid... why did they buy half in the first place?

The only thing that annoys me is that clubs don't pay any higher than face value for a player.

eg. I had a great regen aged 19, still had a good amount of potential to achieve and was worth £5million and I was Dortmund. All the EPL big clubs were interested in him and were offering £5million (although i had set his transfer value at £15million) still when i negotiate and tell them i want 15million (which is a great price for a type of player like that) they turn it down.

Flaw/bug whatever.

I know in the first few seasons clubs don't spend stupid amounts as SI said that due to the current economic status of the world so they have brought that into the game to reflect real life, but now I'm in my fourth season and some of the big clubs are starting to spend big again United have spent close to £80m in pre-season.

I think what needs toning down is the amount of youth players being snapped up by the big clubs it's to many imo. And a lot of them are big club to big club which doesn't really happen that much.

I know in the first few seasons clubs don't spend stupid amounts as SI said that due to the current economic status of the world so they have brought that into the game to reflect real life, but now I'm in my fourth season and some of the big clubs are starting to spend big again United have spent close to £80m in pre-season.

Yes, that is what I ment. But seen the transfers of the two recent transfer periods its obvious that the economis recession doesn't effect the football clubs as much in FM. If Arsenal would have to buy crappy players like Fernando Baiano the football world would be in real danger. But is it not.

I think what needs toning down is the amount of youth players being snapped up by the big clubs it's to many imo. And a lot of them are big club to big club which doesn't really happen that much.

Mwa, I kinda disagree with this. Topclubs dó buy much youth players. BUT ... most of them are under 17 and in FM topclubs also buy loads of crappy players with age around 20. This is not needed.

I do hope some-one of SI is willing to react to this thread.

Yes, that is what I ment. But seen the transfers of the two recent transfer periods its obvious that the economis recession doesn't effect the football clubs as much in FM. If Arsenal would have to buy crappy players like Fernando Baiano the football world would be in real danger. But is it not.

dont let the spending of three clubs (one of which is directly related to chelsea's spending) skew your view on the finacial state of football, out with the EPL the top transfer in january was £3m. Also remember at the start of the game teams have already spent their money for the summer because when we get the game all new transfers have been programmed into the game, as the poster above says after a couple of seasons teams start spending big again but i think they have it spot on for the first season.

dont let the spending of three clubs (one of which is directly related to chelsea's spending) skew your view on the finacial state of football, out with the EPL the top transfer in january was £3m. Also remember at the start of the game teams have already spent their money for the summer because when we get the game all new transfers have been programmed into the game, as the poster above says after a couple of seasons teams start spending big again but i think they have it spot on for the first season.

I don't, because its has way more effect than only the first season, and second and most important of all, it also effects the top teams wich makes them buy crappy players. And that has a very unrealistic impact on the game, or would you say that Chelsea buying Salvador Cabanas, Malik Moutah and Roberto Carlos is realistic? Wolves wouldn't even fancy on buying them let alone Chelsea and making them first team players. It is just a load of unrealistic crap.

I don't, because its has way more effect than only the first season, and second and most important of all, it also effects the top teams wich makes them buy crappy players. And that has a very unrealistic impact on the game, or would you say that Chelsea buying Salvador Cabanas, Malik Moutah and Roberto Carlos is realistic? Wolves wouldn't even fancy on buying them let alone Chelsea and making them first team players. It is just a load of unrealistic crap.

the finances have nothing to do with what players they buy, the problem with that is the rep of the players, something i agree needs to be looked at, but dont confuse that with finances. The only thing you should see in regards to the finances is clubs spending less not buying poorer quality of players they are not in anyway related when it comes to the AI in the game, they dont buy cheap players because they have too, they buy players purely based on rep and avaliability and need for their squad.

Well, if I can't get more than 4M for my 4M star CM due to "worldwide financial crisis", how come a below-average 17yo (with poor stats but apparently highish PA) will cost me 200-500k, that being the standard fee for a starting XI guy from the original db?

Seriously no matter what explaination we get, the transfer market is in need of a radical overhaul... SI have been "tweaking" it for years and all we've got are temporary fixes to one issue, which in turn just created other issues... Time to rewrite the transfer market algorithm from scratch?

In FM10 you had absurd transfers, like Spurs wanting 100M for Modric, and you could easily get 15-20M for good players.

SI "fixed" it, so in FM11 you can buy and sell at face value +/- 50%, or even scoop up top stars for peanuts as soon as they're unhappy.

What they didn't tweak is AI clubs hoarding mediocre players who wouldn't even be considered as filler for a summer tour in real life...

And obscure 30+ yo players, and awful foreigners who'll never be HG anyway.

All those "smart" signings while good Prem Div players leave for free and will rot on Free Transfer for weeks and months.

Ok, I didn't think this was too bad a glitch.... until now.

Signed a player to be my 3rd choice CM in the summer on a free. 4 star potential 2 1/2 current. Fills in and holds the position until Jan. Plays well. Value shoots to 325k. Now

Notts Forest enquire, I say reject

Notts Forest enquire, I say look £1m up front 50%

Notts Forest bid 300k plus 50% I say "thats nice but try the original"

Notts Forest bid 300k plus 50% I say "getting annoying, insert non negotiation into proposal

Notts Forest bid 300k and 50% !!!! HOW!!!! I SAID NON NEGOTIABLE

sighs.

My issue is with promoted teams, it seems promoted teams are buying players of the same or lower ability to the existing squad meaning they pretty much stand no chance from the start anyway, and to keep seeing future games throwing this problem out constantly is qute a pain, this is most noticeable for championship to premier league promotion, where the ai seems to find it next to impossible to stay up, yet if the last few years have shown anything it is that it is not impossible, it is hard i will give you that, but not impossible, if this was made more varied across the board for all the leagues in the game, it would improve the enjoyability at least for me massively, and i already find the game fun as it is.

Clubs actually spend a lot after the first or second season (especially when they change managers), but they do it in a very strange way. Once i noticed a great french cm with a expiring contract leaving chelsea. I checked his history. Chelsea spent 20M on him and played him less than 10 games in three years. But this is not exactly the exception. Once clubs start a spending spree, usually one or two of their big buys actually aren't played at all. Man city spoils a lot of possible great careers in this game.

In recent fm editions the ai is being able to manage the squad better, but its an area that badly needs improving. Its like they dont have a plan.

Another ting that annoys me is that if a big club is interested in one of my players but i set their askinh price high. They just keep declaring interest over and over again, They never bid. If i dont set an asking price they offer the ammoun the player is valued and, like others posted, never negotiate or try to outbid possible competitors for the signing

Archived