Holidaying Match Day

has anyone tried holidaying the match days to get through seasons quicker? I am experimenting with Linfield with my tactic already set and have let the assistant pick the team. I'm wondering has anyone had major success with this feature? it would definitely speed up game play and you could watch a match every so often without slowing down too much

has anyone tried holidaying the match days to get through seasons quicker? I am experimenting with Linfield with my tactic already set and have let the assistant pick the team. I'm wondering has anyone had major success with this feature? it would definitely speed up game play and you could watch a match every so often without slowing down too much

I havent tried holidaying a match yet. I just use key highlights option in game to make games faster. I don't always want to see all the passing, but moreso the big plays during the game.

I do this sometimes, though the results aren't as good as mine :cool: of course!

The assman isn't as good at subbing players for fitness reasons, either. The bug that meant he always upset players with his team talks (I don't think he did any) seems to have been dealt with though.

I probably play through about 50-80% of matches at the beginning and end of seasons and only play the harder matches myself mid-season, as I like to get through the seasons. I've played 4.5 seasons of FM so far........

• 1 month later...

If I want to get through the game faster then I switch to commentary only, but I wouldn't ever holiday matches. Not only would that mean missing out on one of the key responsibilities of a manager, I'm pretty sure that simulating games can give slightly different results to actually playing them (which could work for or against you depending on your club).

I do this more often than not. If you have a good ass man with motivation of 14/15+ he doesn't upset the squad any more. I tend to set it to use current match tactics most of the time but if he has good tactical knowledge and you are playing a team you would expect to lose to he can pull out results that I can't. It has to be said though I would always play an important marginal game myself and would have a better chance. It works absolutely fine particularly after christmas if you know you are probably going to end up mid table anyway. For someone like me who has pretty set tactics and who can't be bothered making wholesale changes to tactics mid season it is a good way of injecting some variation quickly and easily.

I have tried a couple of experiments and with a good ass man I have got to just before the season kicks off, selected use current match tactics and holidayed the whole season. Then reloaded it and played it thro myself. The ass man was only 3 points and 1 place below me in the league and none of the players were revolting in his attempt. I then holidayed it again without telling him to use my tactics and he ended up 4 points and 3 places above me over the season. This could well say more about my abilities and tactics than the ass man's and is unscientific I know but the days of them wrecking your squad morale and season are happily long gone. That is dependent on him being able a decent standard as far as i can tell. I dabbled with it with an ass man with 5 motivating and the squad grumbles were starting after a few games so I gave it up.

Its easy to get get through a season quick if you holiday between the matches and play on commentary only on the fastest setting. In my opinion holidaying through matches takes away the point of playing the game, even with your own tactics the ass man will change them during the match so it's not really your tactics winning the game. Surely it only takes a couple of minutes on commentary with fast setting doesn't it?

I personally dont undertand this...

I love the team building aspect of the game more than anything else, but actually not playing the games makes no sense to me. Its like playing a FPS and telling the computer to take all the shots for you...

I have a few holiday saves that I play when I have not got a lot of time (Busy with work or family ETC) and there have been a few problems.

Whilst on holiday .............

1) Despite having "Sell for asking price" and "Only sell listed players" checked, my board have accepted bids for players in the reserves. They have also accepted loan bids for youngsters.

2)If I holiday through a registration period, the AI will register a squad for me, even if I have already done so at an earlier time. The AI always registers the max amount of players (25 in the Prem) and they include U21's and leave out important players. There is no need to register U21's or the max amount of players, it is very annoying and has been reported to SI.

3) The AI will often give contratcs to youth players whilst I holiday, even if I am Man UTD and the player is rated half a star. This is despite the fact I ALWAYS confirm that I will handle ALL contract renewals.

Now, if you can put up with these issues and you don't have a lot of time, holiday games can be fun.

Firstly, take over a team and sort out your staff. Get the best AssMan possible. Look for High Motivation, Tact Knowledge, Man Management and JPA.

JPA aids him in picking the best team available, Motivation helps team talks, tact knowledge helps him decide how to handle oppo players and make substitutions whilst man management helps him keep the squad in check.

Next, get rid of the deadwood players and bring in your replacements.

Set up your team formations/tactics and get your match prep in order.

Do all this and then holiday through each game until the reg window is about to close, usually Sept 1st or there abouts.

Register your squad and then once the window closes, go on Holiday until Dec 31st.

Next, make any purchases you want and sell on players you no longer need during the Jan window.

Holiday through each game until the end of the month and register your squad again.

Once the window is closed, holiday until the day after your last fixture.

You can then Holiday to June 24/25 when the new season starts (In the prem anyway) and repeat the process.

Whilst all this is going on, you can come back from holiday at any time to make minor tactical adjustments etc and also to chat up your players.

I usually do this every month and I go to the "Confidence page" where I see who the fans say is in/out of form, I then praise or *ollock accordingly.

I never have a problem with players not liking me so long as I continue to praise/*ollock them according to the fans observations.

On my knackered old comp, I can easily play a season in a day like this and whilst I holiday, i can take care of what really matters ;)

You can leave the game running whilst going to bed, going to work/school or popping out to the shops or doing chores.

You get to do all the fun stuff like tactics and transfers ECT, you get to see how players develop, you should get a realistic end result and this stops you from doing the old save/reload trick when Man UTD beat you 8-0 at home ;)

I prefer to do these kind of saves in lower leagues and journey man type games. I have one save where after 8 seasons, I am still in League one with Luton Town (Started in the BSP), the game feels realistic and is still for for me. We have lost two play off semis and a play off final. The game feels realistic and can be fun..... I sometimes get kinda fed up taking teams from obscurity to champs league glory overnight.

Offcourse I have what I call my "Weekend" saves where I take a much more hands on approach and enjoy watching the games but I believe Holiday games have a place in FM, for those of us with limited game time.

Archived