FM11 : The Revolutionary Fulham Thread

elgreenio

Welcome to this years Fulham FC Thread

The revolution begins this year down at the Cottage with much loved Roy Hodgson moving on to pastures new, and continuing the revolution is myself, hoping to change-up the limits of any team guide in this forum, bringing you Video Technology, if only the FA or UEFA thought like me :D.

Fulham-FC.png

The Club

Year Founded : 1879

Chairman : Loves the club

Legends : Mohammad Al Fayed, Johnny Haynes

Icons : Simon Morgan, Gordon Davies, George Cohen, Ray Lewington, John Pantsil

Favoured Personnel : Brian McBride, Jimmy Hill, Micky Adams, Chris Coleman, Roy Hodgson, Luis Boa Morte

Fierce Rivals : Chelsea, Q.P.R.

Other Rivals : Brentford

Finances : Rich

Value : £61M (Loan Debt : £176M)

Season Ticket Holders : 14500

Continental Competition : None

Affiliated Clubs : Germinal Beerschot (BEL), TPS (FIN)

Corporate Facilities : Average

Training Facilities : Top training facilities

Youth Facilities : Average youth facilities + youth acadamy

Youth Recruitment : Average youth recruitment

Stadium : Craven Cottage (25661 all-seater)

cravencottage.jpg

Kit

Screenshot2010-10-21at134625.png

Transfer Kitty

Current Wage Salary : £588,861 p/w

Top Half Finish : £10M / £650k p/w

Continental Qual : £13M / £725k p/w

Title Challenge : £14M / £750k p/w

Winner : £15M / £750k p/w

The Squad

Mark Schwarzer, David Stockdale

Stephen Kelly, Carlos Salcido, John Pantsil, Brede Hangeland, Chris Baird, Aaron Hughes, Fredrik Stoor, Rafik Halliche

Zoltan Gera, Danny Murphy, Damien Duff, Bjorn Helge Riise, Dickson Etuhu, Clint Dempsey, Kagisho Dikgacoi, Jonathan Greening, Simon Davies

Andy Johnson, Diomansy Kamara, Eddie Johnson, Bobby Zamora, Mousa Dembele, David Elm

Other Squad Players of note :

Pascal Zuberbuhler, Neil Etheridge, Jesse Jorenen, Marcus Bettinelli; Philippe Senderos, Matthew Briggs, Alex Smith; Alex Kacaniklic, Matthew Saunders, Keanu Marsh-Brown, Courtney Harris, Robert Milsom; Lauri Dalla Valle, Marcello Trotta, Richard Peniket, Danny Hoesen, Jonathan Cosgrove.

note for all video content : I suggest you watch in the highest possible resolution (likely 720p). If you are on a small screen then you can watch all of the content in full screen, here : http://www.youtube.com/elgreenio on the FM11 playlist

mods edit this out if it is viewed as advertising etc etc

Training schedule I use now available to download here : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U27HFUC0

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goalkeepers

There's no doubt who is top dog here, look no further than Mark Schwarzer. Linked with Arsenal in the summer, but after the clubs failed to agree a fee we still have one of the best keepers in the league. Although a younger keeper and long-term replacement should be nearing the front of your thoughts when looking at spending any of that kitty. Stockdale has been refined but still isn't ready to take the number 1 spot full time (maybe another little stats bump in the next patch will come after his performances early on in the season). Here's a better look at the keepers :

[video=youtube;sQwJ-1-imm4]

Defenders

With Fulham adding in the summer two centre backs and spicing up the left back spot, the defence is strong again, with a few tweaks to the two H's at the heart of the backline, Hangeland and Hughes both being given boosts in this years version. There is, as always, strength in depth at right back, John Pantsil who's been given icon status this year will remain your stalwart, with Stephen Kelly and Chris Baird providing adequate back-up. The left back spot has been strengthened with the acquisition of part-time world cup star, part-time party machine Carlos Salcido. The backup here comes with the versatility of Baird and Kelly, both whom you should train to be accomplished left backs. Note that almost every defender can double as a centre back, with Fulhams understated summer signing Rafik Halliche also suitable cover in central defence. Also worth mentioning is poor Mr.Senderos, could have been an absolute wonder, not only in-game, but achilles trouble means no hands-on look at him for the demo.

I was also hoping that youngsters Alex Smith and Matty Briggs could be called upon for short-term crises, although it appears they've not been tweaked as optimistically as I could have hoped for.

[video=youtube;NJ0zMZkQ5YA]

Midfielders

The midfield is packed with average players who can hold their own in the premiership, but nobody can be singled out as a bright spark capable of unlocking opposition defences and consistently get themselves on the scoresheet or provide killer balls.

The right side of midfield has many options, the well-rounded Clint Dempsey or maybe the better option in Simon Davies with his up-and-down qualities as well as possessing better service to the aerially adept players up top (Zamora, Elm, Dempsey, Gera). In the big matches or when you have a lead, Riise can do a great job with real battling and workhorse abilities, whilst not being the most technically gifted player (think Park Ji-Sung). Duff can also do a job here if you wish to play with wingers on opposite sides, mainly as inside forward type wingers.

The left side is simple, Damien Duff is your average winger, able to feed balls into the front players, whereas Dembele is your "tricky winger", capable of running at defenders and causing mayhem in oppo defences (thats if you're not using him as a striker). The likes of Gera can fit in here if you pick up some injuries/suspensions, as well as Davies and Dempsey being able to play there and learn the position.

The centre of midfield is split into the destructive players, and the playmaker types. Captain marvel, Danny Murphy is your classic playmaker, and with him getting on in years it may be better suited for him to play the deep-lying playmaker instead of having to bomb up and down for 90minutes. Backup here comes unfortunately in the shape of Jonathan Greening, who cannot really replace Murphy in that role, and may be better off at another club. Gera can drop in here but can be switched to more of a box-to-box player with his physical attributes.

In the destructive role, Etuhu has come on in leaps and bounds, and instead of just being a ball winning player this year, he can definitely do the box-to-box job and pitch in with some goals, as he's been instructed to this season. Replacement here can come in two forms, Dikgacoi who is the better ball player, but is still more suited to a destructive role. The failsafe is Baird, who can easily fit in and play in midfield and be used for his defensive qualities, maybe against the big teams who play with somebody "in the hole".

Strikers

Luckily, Fulham have a versatile frontline, to which you can adapt depending on your opponents. Zamora is your key man and is your battering ram up top. He can play up on his own as a target man, can come deep to get the ball and play in the wingers, or can simply be the lone ranger, capable of hunting down defenders as well as holding up the ball and keeping possession. Elm can replace him in being a target up top with his physical and aerial abilities, whereas Gera and Dempsey can slot in to play the deep-lying strikers on any given day.

The other striker (if you choose to use one), should go to a different type of player, Dembele or Johnson, who can offer something going the other way. Both can turn defences and get the ball at their feet and run to the heart of the opposition, with Zamora usually providing the link-up play.

In terms of depth, there are many options who can join the strikeforce from midfield, but with Johnson injured a speedy striker may be worth a look.

Kamara is quick and a dribbling threat, but you may be cursing him with his finishing and could find him missing a lot of chances, maybe his services would be better elsewhere, like at another club.

As for the ressies, there is nobody who can really make the step up, and with a bigger transfer budget this year, you may wish to set aside some funds to bring in some youth prospects.

[video=youtube;AWj-nm3Eebw]

Spending Advice

The Fulham squad is still lacking in depth, especially to keep up in the modern day Premiership. On top of this, some key players are ageing and won't be able to perform at this level forever. So here are some places to look, without mentioning names (a lot of the players i'd look at won't be in teh demo database) :

Replace Mark Schwarzer. Our rock between the sticks is coming to te end of his career and you'll want to be looking to spend a good amount of money on a replacement to last at least 5 seasons. You may wish to leave this until the end of the first season and go on a hunt in July 2011.

Danny Murphy won't live forever. You should be looking to bring in a young center midfielder to be the long-term replacement of skipper Murphy, who has a couple of seasons still in him. You should look to do this straight away, as looking at the squad, if Murphy gets injured there's nobody who can replace him.

A bright spark in wide areas. At the moment, although there is depth in wide areas, there isn't one player you could look at to constantly unlock defences and do something "special". If this player can play left midfield it would be a blessing, with the ageing Duff looking less than convincing.

A quality striker to cover injuries/replace AJ. With Bobby Zamora your guaranteed starter, at home when he needs a partner you'd look at Johnson or Dembele. Johnsons injury problems mean you can't rely on him, and Dembele's previous goalscoring record fills me with little confidence, so look at investing some moeny up top, even if it is a loan deal (like Okaka or Montella who we've seen on loan).

the Fulham squad is ageing, and the lack of young talent is concerning, you should look to spend some money bringing in a few youth prospects who can eventually sustain the squad when players depart/retire.

The Fulham Summer Sale

the squad is full of dead wood so here are a list of players you can look to sell on in order to free up some cash and wages.

• Pascal Zuberbuhler - age/quality
  • Fredrik Stoor - quality/good value
  • Jonathan Greening - quality/wages
  • Bjorn Helge Riise - value (if stuck for cash/better option available)
  • Diomansy Kamara - quality/wage
  • Eddie Johnson - quality
  • the whole reserve squad is bereft of quality, anybody should be for sale here

Lets Talk Tactics

I talk tactics here :

[video=youtube;05ML6bdulJE]

Nice touch with the videos!

I'm going to start a game with Fulham on the demo, seems they've got a good enough squad and if you add a few key players you can do well. Will post later with some of the transfers I've made.

EDIT:

These are the players I've brought in, or the players who are close to signing:

IN:

Tom Cairney - £500k + Eddie Johnson

Matt Jarvis - £4.9m

Paulo Henrique - £6.75m + £2.5m after 20 games + 25% of next sale (Waiting on permit)

Richie Da Laet - Ln fee £110k (Waiting for him to agree; backup LB)

OUT:

Eddie Johnson - P/ex

Gera - Hoping someone will take him and his wages.

Unsure which formation I'll use, but if Henrique gets his permit it'll most likely be:

Schwarzer

Pantsil - Hughes - Hangelaand - Salcido

Murphy/Cairney - Etuhu/Dikgacoi

Dempsey/Jarvis - Henrique - Dembele/Duff

Zamora/Elm

A lot of rotating, but I think having a big squad will be better when it comes down to the cups and injuries.

Also just bought Tom Cairney, seems the perfect suitor to the ageing Murphy :thup:. Am home tomorrow so will update on my transfers and first few games, which have gone pretty much the opposite to what you'd expect from a Fulham team. Oh, and the visual analysis of my tactics of course.

What wages did you guys pay to Tom Cairney? The guys agents nothing but a thief wanted £30k a week did drop to 14k at end still not worth it.

really? wow! I got him on 7.5k, although granted there was a nice sign-on and some bonuses in there. He's been an amazing buy and is in the starting XI for me now, so depends what you're willing to give up and whether he'd play ahead of Murphy like he is on my save.

Oh, and Standard, yep Deuce is king, and you can get some more out of him in AMC of a 4-4-1-1 :thup:

I started with Fulham for reasons unbeknown to me. Anyway, sold all the deadwood you recommended, except Dikagoi left instead of Greening.

Abdoulaye Meite joined for £775k

Andy King joined for £3.8m

Adam Hammill joined for £1.6m

Kevin Gameiro joined for £8.5m.

Was very happy with those, Gameiro should be awesome for Fulham, and I wanted to bring in some lower level English players

Gameiro was recommended to me, can't remember whether it was by my ass man or my scouts, just plumped for the younger Lukaku. Not sure I would've paid that for Andy King, although I seem to remember he looks quite good, believe I just preferred a younger player.

It can be quite frustrating as Fulham but it really is a great club to manage, I mean who really wants to have it easy with the moneybags of Citeh and Chelscum

Yeah, got beat 4-1 by Chelseaa on the opening day, was 3-0 down after 19 minutes, got a goal back after half-time (Danny Murphy), bu they got one right at the end, oh and Hangeland got sent off. Good start eh?

End of transfer window and here's my dealings ..

Transfers in;

Federico Macheda, Loan Fee - £750k.

Thorgan Hazard, £3.3M

Gauthier Mahoto, Free

Yildiray Basturk, Free

Romelu Lukaku, Loan Fee £200k (£5.5m Future Fee)

Vincent Enyeama, £220k

Hugo Almeida, Loan Fee £100K

Oscar Wendt, £600k

Roque Santa Cruz, Loan Fee £120k

Paulo Henrique, £4.5m + £7m over 48 months.

Transfers Out;

Bjorn Helge Riise, Loan Fee £750k (£2.3m Future Fee) - Stoke

Pascal Zuberbuhler, Released.

Frederick Stoor, Loan Fee £625k (£1.9M) - Blackburn

Diomansey Kamara, £5m - Man City

Kagiso Dikgacoi, £1.8m - Porto.

+ a few loans for Youngsters.

Couldn't shift David Elm or Eddie Johnson and i've got too many forwards clubs just kept offering them to me and i couldn't turn them down ...

.. Lost 2-1 to Chelsea and beat Wolves 6-2 (Santa Cruz hattrick + 2 for Almeida). Just scraped through in the cup 3-2 aet against Exeter.

Looking forward to friday morning. Starting up with Fulham - and going all the way...! Follow my (hopefully) glorious career @fulhamfcFM

I hope to present a new way of storywriting through social media - so add me and best of luck to all fellow Fulham managers.

will see how you get on mate, if you're not going to be heading on here for my video updates then a lot of them will also be twittered, @elgreeniouk.

Glad to see some people will be taking up the reigns at the Cottage, see if you can better Woy or even Tigana

A long night ahead...

Started up a fulham save... running english, italian, german and spanish leagues.

Sunday league footballer...

1st piece of business has been to try and get some proper staff in - seriously weak coaching staff. The old lads need a fitness guy with a whip to get them in shape...!

yeh we've always been shorthanded coaching wise, but its impossible to bring in guys of quality, especially with the strict limits we have on staff numbers

ive gotten rid of some dead wood in the youth coaching staff. cost me 130k - but have brought in a fitness guy and a defense coach.

I've had a really good pre-season, only conceeded 1 goal! beat fc timisoara 7-1...

ill be posting an update later with my new purchases, scores etc.

I really dont feel a need to purchase too much - there is decent depth, not in the youth ranks though. I agree that the squad is aging but I will not just revamp the squad just for the sake of it. I can say that i have purchased a 23 yr old midfielder, a 24 yr old speedy attacker, and a winger who will join at the end of the season. I think the weakest position in the team is the DL position, however i dont think carlos' stats do him too much justice...

Started with Fulham got rid of the dead wood. Made £12million out of selling Kamara, Elm, Johnson, Stoor etc

I bought in Jack Rodwell for £15million over 4 years, neymar for £20million over 4 years, Basturk on a free to provide back up for Murphy. Also Roberto Carlos because i was short at left back and Cygan for some cover.

Also brought in some youngsters they were....

connor ramsey, gai assulin, craig hill, mahoto and nlundulu.

Really enjoying it just hope i can keep the likes of hangeland and dempsey and achieve a european spot this season!

elgreenio update #1 - This is the real thing

no video today as I havn't got the time, but felt like i've gone far enough in the career for an update

Spending the Budget

Screenshot2010-11-08at134419.png

main ports of call were strengthening the frontline, as well as freshening up the side with younger faces, and trying for the life of me to get a top class left winger in the squad. Romelu Lukaku the stand out signing on loan for the season, with an option to buy for £5.5M which I 100% believe i'll be enforcing. Also bought young Lacina Traore (dubbed the new Bakayoko :cool:), unfortunately he didn't gain a work permit, but I decided the deal was still worth it and to have him spend some time at Germinal Beerschot to get the work permit, just in time to be a long-term replacement for Bobby Zamora. To make up the numbers I rushed to sign many players on loan up top, with Jo, Santa Cruz and Macheda all going elsewhere, I settled for Chris Wood, and Mitroglou, who shall be used only when needed, with Zamora, Lukaku, Dempsey, Johnson, and Dembele all higher in the pecking order.

Finding a left winger was proving tough, with many advances being knocked back. The likes of Vukcevic, Afellay, and even a transfer-listed O'Hara not wanting to settle down for a life by the river, meaning I had to settle for a loan deal and to shift my sights on a left winger to next seasons summer window. I bought in Jefferson Montero on loan from Villarreal, as well as Barocelli, and have settled a deal to bring in a young prospect, Juan Iturbe, whom I have big hopes for in July 2011, as he was rated as a 4 1/2 star prospect by my scouting team. Elsewhere in midfield, I got my replacement for Danny Murphy, again signing Tom Cairney, deciding he was a better suited replacement to young Marco Verratti. Young freebies in Lifondja and Mahoto have added to the squad, although if all goes well they shouldn't even play a game (depending on how low my opposition in the cups are).

Defensive-wise, the only player i bought in was Jose Angel, who could have a great future and give solidarity to the left back spot for many years to come.

Outgoing were Riise as he's one player whos deal makes sense, his quality is lacking consistently at this level so £2.7M was a no-brainer. Kamara is overpaid and again lacking the required quality, so moving him on was key. Eddie Johnson was a surprising loss, in that I actually got 500k for him, a player who is usually unwanted by all. Stoor, who inflates the squad was deemed surplus to requirements and any money I got for him was welcomed, in this case £1.4M. The only other sale was David Elm, who I felt was too similar to Zamora and Lukaku, without having their standard of quality, and unfortunately age isn't on his side and the money from his transfer was easier spent on bringing the average age of the squad down.

Results

Screenshot2010-11-08at140824.png

a great start to the season, unbeaten after 5, although it must be said luck is going my way. A good point at Wolves was followed by a banker home win to Blackpool. A less than convincing cup game at Rochdale followed, the youngsters scraping through with a 40 yard screamer from Zamora giving the team a helping hand. Two great away wins were marred by Ridgewell being sent off for Birmingham, and Olsson seeing red for WBA after only 2 minutes, meaning I could attack these teams and breakthrough almost at ease. Those two results sandwiching a tough home draw with Everton. A bright start leaves me 2nd in the league, and heading back to St.Andrews for the next round of the league cup.

Before the season started i brought in three players and sold a couple as well:

IN

Skjelbred

Christian Benitez

Verratti

Darlow (young)

Chappell (young)

OUT

Dempsey 8mil

Gera 1.6mil

Kacaniklic Loan

Smith Loan

Riise Loan

I didnt want to get rid of Dempsey but City's purse was too big to say no to... Preseason went really well with 7 out of 7 wins and a goal score of 30-2.

I just passed the new year and things are looking really good. I find myself in 8th on level terms with Man Utd, with only 2 points up to 4th place. We are currently in the league cup semifinal were we lead 2-0 against Crystal Palace after the first leg, looks like we will meet Chelsea or Everton in the final who are both above me in the table so Europe is definitely a possibility.

Signing of the season so far is Christian Benitez. Amazing. Was at one point topscorer in the league after two games of 3 and 4 goals respectively. He now tallies 19 goals in 23 games. I have actually paired him with big guy Elm up front who i did not expect to get much action but he is providing so much space for Benitez so its a great duo. The defence needs serious strengthening but money is short.

Mid-season transfers:

IN

Vegard Forren

Darnel Situ

Nigel Reo-Coker

OUT

Dikgacoi

Trotta Loan

Dembele 5mil

Smith Loan

Dembele and I had a small bust up so it was necessary to get rid of him :)

Other than that the team is performing amazing so far...

End of transfer window and here's my dealings ..

Transfers in;

Federico Macheda, Loan Fee - £750k.

Thorgan Hazard, £3.3M

Gauthier Mahoto, Free

Yildiray Basturk, Free

Romelu Lukaku, Loan Fee £200k (£5.5m Future Fee)

Vincent Enyeama, £220k

Hugo Almeida, Loan Fee £100K

Oscar Wendt, £600k

Roque Santa Cruz, Loan Fee £120k

Paulo Henrique, £4.5m + £7m over 48 months.

Transfers Out;

Bjorn Helge Riise, Loan Fee £750k (£2.3m Future Fee) - Stoke

Pascal Zuberbuhler, Released.

Frederick Stoor, Loan Fee £625k (£1.9M) - Blackburn

Diomansey Kamara, £5m - Man City

Kagiso Dikgacoi, £1.8m - Porto.

+ a few loans for Youngsters.

Couldn't shift David Elm or Eddie Johnson and i've got too many forwards clubs just kept offering them to me and i couldn't turn them down ...

.. Lost 2-1 to Chelsea and beat Wolves 6-2 (Santa Cruz hattrick + 2 for Almeida). Just scraped through in the cup 3-2 aet against Exeter.

Just finished this season that i started on the demo, managed to perform weel above what i thought and finished not only in a European cup spot but ... well its a Champions League spot (4th).

The board let me re-evaluate our target of top half finish and was 4th at that point as well so went with European Cup spot and so got another £10m to spend signed;

David Beckham, £500k

Tom Cairney, (finally) £3.3m

and paid Romelu Lukaku's Fee of £5.5m.

Craig Cathcart. £1.2M

I'll post some screenies at some point.

I have started a Fulham save, but it is on my other computer, so I can't really give too much of an in-depth update. I'm sitting around 7th place in mid-November after hitting a bit of a rough patch of form. I had been in 2nd for a while.

More to come when I'm on the computer with that save.

As I do not have FM11 (may never actually get it because I don't think I'm going to have much time to play it this year :p) I played a Fulham save on the demo. Didn't get so far as I can't save, but it seems like they're going to be a good team for people to play with this year. Set up beautifully to exploit a 4-5-1 with inside forwards. They can't attract the big names, but can bring in the 3rd tier players, which is cool, and starting with £10m means you can build a very good team and still invest in youth.

If I had the full game, I think I would definitely start a Fulham save :) Good luck to you all :)

elgreenio update #4 - going one better

video update in next post.

With Roy Hodgson setting the standards of European qualification and handing Fulham a cup final appearance, his legend status will now have to step aside, and arise me, the new legend of SW6, bringing much wanted and needed glory to Fulham in the shape of a league cup final win, even sweeter in that the opponents were from just down the road, Chelsea.

The run to the final included landmark wins against Man City and a nerve-racking penalty shootout against league champions Spurs.

Screenshot2010-11-24at162401.png

The final itself was very much smash and grab, with Bobby Zamora becoming the legend and scoring a minute into injury time, a lovely curled effort from the edge of the box (the highlight is in the video update)

Screenshot2010-11-24at162424.png

As for the league table i'm going strong in 5th, with Bolton and Man City chasing me. With all the cups, and a semi final in the FA Cup against Man Utd to come my league form took a hit, as I had only lost one game for the majority of the season, and even broke Fulhams unbeaten record, going 18 league games unbeaten. Arsenal look to have the league in the bag with a nice lead, and are looking to take the trophy across north london from the hands of Spurs.

Screenshot2010-11-24at162304.png

Transfer-wise there was very little activity, you can find this and more in the video in the next post, thanks for reading, i'll be finishing the season and will update again soon :thup:.

achievements.png

So to sum it up - the first season we managed to get in to europe through 7th place. Season two we were horrible in the league finishing 16th, but we managed to win the league cup final and get into europe, whereas in europe we dominated our group but lost out in the first knockout to porto. Back in europe the season after we went all the way once again as Hodgson did only to lose to arsenal 1-0 in the final, we managed to capture the FA cup final and finished 6th in the table.

Season four has commenced with a win in the community shield, and we are in europe again after having eliminated our feederklub germinal :) We have spent serious amounts of money strengthening defense this year with a mixture of young and old. Hopefully Phil Jones is the next "JT"...

And just a comment on a few players...

Benitez - brought him in for very little 1.6 mil, scored 28, next season 29, then 19...

Weiss - bought him from City reserves for 2.5mil - plays really well and is now worth over the double after 1 season...

Vertonghen - was bought by man utd for 11mil - but 2 seasons after i snapped him up for 5mil - he has been really good.

N'zonzi - 12 goals and 10 assists last season is developing in to a midfield general standing at 1m94

Prospects -

Schelotto - really quick winger who got his italy debut, and managed to score.

Destro - Going to be a lethal pairing with Lukaku in the future!

Xu Peng - young belgian??! right back, goal and two assists in first four competitive matches. Really quick...

elgreenio update #5 - completing the jigsaw

so with an increased budget thanks to another great finish in the league the job was to undertake a complete overhaul of the squad, turning it into exactly that, a squad. One that could compete on all fronts, at least mirroring my achievements with a european finish, doing something in the cups, and then to go on this journey through Europe and see how far the team could go.

Screenshot2010-12-02at134056.png

Many of the old guard had now been shipped out, Duff getting old and on high wages was released, Simon Davies following him through the doors for a nice end to his career in the sun. Elsewhere, Dembele and Senderos were deemed surplus to requirements, and youngster Juan Iturbe was developing into a very spoilt young man, skipping training on many occasions, so when Madrid came a-knocking I took the money and ran, in search of more wide talents.

Now the jigsaw is almost complete, bringing in youthful replacements all over the place. Smalling coming back to where he made his name replacing Senderos. Buonanotte, Bentley, Albrighton, Carraro coming in to provide the "spark" from wide areas where before we've struggled to find goals and create many chances per game. Fleck also came in as support on loan.

The marquee signing was that of Galeano, a real top talent as a ready-made replacement for the aging Hughes at centre back, who saw the chunk of my money go towards luring Almeria to part ways with him. Romario and Empurur were bought as young replacements in full back positions.

Up top one of the brightest talents in world football signed for the club, Yaya Sanogo coming to the cottage for just over £5 million, and young Edson also coming to West London as a raw prospect for me to work some magic on. Also there was better news with first season signing Lacina Traore, who upon signing a contract extension, was granted a work permit and could now make an appearance in the black and white of Fulham.

Europa League

after inspiring wins in both qualifying rounds to unknown opponents i've been dealt this group, a winnable one providing challenging travels to Holland and Germany.

Screenshot2010-12-02at134040.png

Starting XI

Just a little look at what is happening with the evolving team and how i'll likely be lining up this season

Screenshot2010-12-02at135201.png

the January update to follow shortly

Archived