last 6 minute syndrome...

take the average game to have 3 minutes of injury time

im getting a little fed up of last minute goals, they dont happen EVERY game

its getting a little too predictable and very old

i dont even care if its in my favour, the last 4 matches i have had on my game have had 6 last minute goals.

87 mins - goal against

91 mins - goal for (same match)

88 mins - goal against

89 mins - goal against

90 mins - goal for

92 mins - goal for

same problem with 2007

Do you slow the game down slightly at the end? Make sure your full-backs dont have foward runs? (better still not run at all - especially if opposition have gone to 433 with wingers).

Pull someone (if you have 2 strikers) back into AMC position but running forward when you have the ball. Put your main (fastest) striker in the centre position of the striking area (to run onto through balls/cover the striking zone).

Increase time wasting slightly. Make sure midfielders dont run forward so often.

Check Ass Man feedback and make sure you follow his suggestions to close people down/tackle them (I generally check what the ass man has to say during periods where I start to think the play is turning in favour of opposition).

Sub tired midfielders etc.

If the opposition are running through the middle, change your passing to out wide and vice versa.

I never have a problem with last minute goals in FM 2007. The only time it happened often was when we were playing like 1998/99 Man Utd, making comebacks and scoring last minute goals.

That was just because the team was awesome.

i would normally be with t4 on this but 09's late game me is unreal. i do have a suggestion that has worked for me however. in another thread silky1013 mentioned that he had gone undefeated in 2.5 seasons. after many requests for screens,saves and the like he uploaded his "pure_class" tactic" http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8IH1UNKU

i had already switched back to playing 08 then saw his post and decided to try the tactic. to my amazement i have gone 6 straight no defeats (4 away games). i use hard tackling/closingdown always/to other foot across the board. i also close down the goalie and hard tackle. hopefully you have players with high decision rate or the cards will be flying. i dont switch off even if a player gets yellowed.

i've had two opponents get red carded in the last 10 minutes of the game. they play extreme aggressivly apparently and with my attack they red out.

just a suggestion as using this tactic has 08 back on the shelf for me :)

The opposition switch to 4-2-4 and apply pressure in the last minutes. I am making sure I counter that in some way or another and put leave a fast forward in case they leave their defense open to counter with a long ball-fast run combination. Nothing break their morale like an extra goal :)

Fm2007 was THE game that gave us the crazy last minute comebacks and thankfully this version is nowhere near as brutal.

I don't lose last minute goals because I learnt my lesson. It's really simple - just defend deep, use back arrows, stick your midfielders in DM, counter attack down the wings and wave goodbye to last minute goals for ever.

It's really simple - just defend deep, use back arrows, stick your midfielders in DM, counter attack down the wings and wave goodbye to last minute goals for ever.

Exactly what I do (oh wait I also put Time wasting on often) and completely avoids conceding last minute goals for me.

i would normally be with t4 on this but 09's late game me is unreal. i do have a suggestion that has worked for me however. in another thread silky1013 mentioned that he had gone undefeated in 2.5 seasons. after many requests for screens,saves and the like he uploaded his "pure_class" tactic" http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8IH1UNKU

i had already switched back to playing 08 then saw his post and decided to try the tactic. to my amazement i have gone 6 straight no defeats (4 away games). i use hard tackling/closingdown always/to other foot across the board. i also close down the goalie and hard tackle. hopefully you have players with high decision rate or the cards will be flying. i dont switch off even if a player gets yellowed.

i've had two opponents get red carded in the last 10 minutes of the game. they play extreme aggressivly apparently and with my attack they red out.

just a suggestion as using this tactic has 08 back on the shelf for me :)

On a related note, i have a feeling the opposition often use this tactic on me, i so far have the least cards in the league (about 12 i think over half way through season)

Where as stoke have 60!!

And Even teams like Arsenal have 30 odd...

They constantly hack me down especially if they are on course for a close draw. I think it should be toned down tbh, i have more penalties given for me than any other team due to this.

Try this:

play with full backs and centre backs with backward arrows

time waste always

deep defensive line

defensive mentality

low creativity

short passing (to keep possession)

counter attack, maybe with pacy lone striker

play 5 man midfield

just like real life :)

• 2 weeks later...
It's always been a part of FM 07/08/09. I hate taking the lead against Arsenal because I know they're going to play 4-2-4 immediately and it becomes a 5-5 scoreline type of game.

OMG Arsenal... And Not Just Them... It Seems Like I Can't Preserve A Lead In The Last 10 Minutes Because They Play Crappy 424 Formation And Score Almost Every Time In The Last 5 Mins...

It's Annoying To Lose Points In That Manner, Because I'm Ripping My But Out To Make My Team Take A Lead, And Lose 2 Points Very Easy... C'mon Think About 424 Tactic, Where's The Middle Of The Field To Connect Def & Att, I Concede Stupid Goals... Their FB Sends Long Ball To Their Right Forward I Have 2 Of My Men Beside Him, But One Of Them Is Obviously Blind, And Goes Running Forward While The Ball Is In The Air, And The Ball Is Going Over My FB And Opp Player Takes The Ball, Crosses And... I'm Even Taking Def Style In The Last 5 Mins... But Nothing Seems To Help... I Have Lost A Lot Of Points At Home In Last Minutes, The Teams Are Hull?!, Arsenal Of Course, And Latest Everton... And I Had A Lead In Every One Of Those Games... I'm Just Asking, When It Is So Industrious Tactic, Why Don't They Play It All The Time ?! And It Is Impossible To Concede Goals In Last 5 Mins. That Often In Real Life...

OMG Arsenal... And Not Just Them... It Seems Like I Can't Preserve A Lead In The Last 10 Minutes Because They Play Crappy 424 Formation And Score Almost Every Time In The Last 5 Mins...

It's Annoying To Lose Points In That Manner, Because I'm Ripping My But Out To Make My Team Take A Lead, And Lose 2 Points Very Easy... C'mon Think About 424 Tactic, Where's The Middle Of The Field To Connect Def & Att, I Concede Stupid Goals... Their FB Sends Long Ball To Their Right Forward I Have 2 Of My Men Beside Him, But One Of Them Is Obviously Blind, And Goes Running Forward While The Ball Is In The Air, And The Ball Is Going Over My FB And Opp Player Takes The Ball, Crosses And... I'm Even Taking Def Style In The Last 5 Mins... But Nothing Seems To Help... I Have Lost A Lot Of Points At Home In Last Minutes, The Teams Are Hull?!, Arsenal Of Course, And Latest Everton... And I Had A Lead In Every One Of Those Games... I'm Just Asking, When It Is So Industrious Tactic, Why Don't They Play It All The Time ?! And It Is Impossible To Concede Goals In Last 5 Mins. That Often In Real Life...

You know that's impossible to read? Capitalising every word is never correct; it's worse than no capitals at all.

This thread is so true !!!!!! I was looking for something on this the other day !!

I appreciate it happens in real life but in my game it is so over the top- it happens all the time - to the point where certain game you know as soon as a text box appears in injury time it will inevitably lead to a goal ! Do many other people have this problem ? I find it the most frustrating part of the whole game - esp when you concede two goals in injury time.

Newest Thing Is That I'm Playing Against Chealsea Home 74 Th Minute, Leading 3-1, The Very Next Minute I Concede A Goal After Corner... And Then They Pull Out 424 Tactics... I Set My FB-s To No Forward Runs... I Even Put Hargreaves To Man Mark One Of ST's And Scholes To Mixed FR... Total Defensive, Even Set Time Wasting To About 13-14 Notches... Tempo Is About Middle, But Chelsea Create Chances Like Every Half A Minute... All Of The Sudden 95 Th minute... My Def Line Goes Forward All The Way To The Middle Of The Field, Ball Goes To Carvalho?! Who Is One Of The St's?! And He Breaks Forward Even Though I Put Defensive Outlook, He's Like 13, 14 Acc And Pace, My Ferdinand Is Like 17 Acc & Pace, But He Just Looks At Him Doing Nothing And Carvalho Scores Like 94:57 Goal?!

I Mean... I Have Lost My Points In That Manner Like 4 or 5 Times, That Is About 10 points... :( So I Will Probably Be Left Out Of Premiership Title Race Although There Is Abot 15 Games To Be Played... I'm Down 8 Points To Chelse And Arsenal... Really Annoying... Makes Me Wanna Burn This Mothaf***a Down Really...:)

I find countering with time wasting, counter attacking formation and fast tempo seems to work, when you rember to do it, now when getting near 80 mins, I switch to formation view to see when the go 4-2-4, then I swich to my tatics to counter the 4-2-4. It works a high percentage of the time, but not against Arsenal we had a goal fest 6-4 to them, 2 coming in last 2 mins, I went beserk. Previous to my game they had only conceede three goals.

My Point Is Regardless The Tactics And All That, What Is The Possibility Of That Happening This Often... Even If I Leave My Standard Tactics, Because They Are Playing With Just Two Players In The Midfield, Very Hard To Bypass Def & Att... Very Bad Tactic 424 If You Ask Me, And In Real Life... But In FM09 It's More Than Working, And Not Just That, It Seems Like Opposing Team Is, With Almost No Effort, Scoring Goals With 424, And Other Thing Is That In 80 Percent Of The Time I Concede A Goal Inside 5 Mins. After My Leading Goal... It Drives Me Crazy, And Another Thing, Arsenal Is Just Too Strong... They Are Playing Like Machines, Whole Season Long With No Upps And Downs, And That Is What You Could Expect From A Team That Young... And They Are Just Overrated By SI, Just Look At Their Results This Season, They Are Good But In FM09, Way Too Strong Even In The First Season...

I sympathise mate - I come so close to throwing my laptop because of this !! I am wondering whether the fact I have a lot of young players in my team doesnt help - does experience affect this at all ?

XD Same With Me, I'm Pretty Calm Person, Phlegmatic To Say, But I Get This Urge To Crash My Keyboard To Pieces... And Goddamn Strikers Wont Score, Tevez And Rooney And Berbatov Just Make Me Unhappy :)

Archived