Which managers...

...do you try and strike up good relationships with (if any).

Managing Liverpool, I don't really want to get friendly with any of the top managers, but I always say good things about Zola & Tony Adams...mainly because I felt they were class acts in RL. What about you lot...any blossoming friendships...or out and out slanging matches with other managers?

None of them, its a question of dominance. In any relationship there will be a dominant party, usually the lesser party will be the one who requested the friendship or pushed to make it happen. Ergo I let people strike up friendships with me but I do not run around trying to make them happen.

That pretty much goes for real life as well............

I'm usually nice to managers I think seem OK in real life, being a caley and liverpool fan, I always big up Fergie (which may seem strange) but that's cos he's so good, pretty much the best there is. But I hate Wenger and Arsenal, so they get the full brunt of pain, as does Kevin Keegan, but that's just cos I don't like him personally. Great player though. Aberdeen are the other team I hate.

I don't really have anybody that I care to befriend. Just depends on who says positive stuff about me. Steve Bruce tends to be high on the list because I manage Newcastle (my team) and Man Utd mainly in FM games.

I'm coming out on top of the Roy Keane mind games in this game though :D

Managing Man Utd I've somehow wound up being all matey with Mark Hughes at City (after winning the Prem at their ground), and Guardiola whose Barca team we beat in the CL Final last year. I don't get on too well with Wenger, and Mourinho has gone back to Chelsea and is feeling the full force of my mind-gamery.

As mentioned above, I don't actively pursure friendships or enemies, just roll with whatever other people think of me for the most part.

Usually the ones that try and be friends with me. Currently, I think there's only Kombouaré (Valenciennes) & Luis Fernandez (Saint-Etienne). I hate Puel (Lyon), since he's usually trying to steal all my players, and with no exaggeration, he has declared interest in my players over 100 times. Usually the same couple too. So at every opportunity, I play mind games, fire negative comments his way.

Archived