This loan fee is sky high!

I started a game with my <gritted teeth>beloved</gritted teeth> Newcaste United. After being disappointed (although not entirely surprised) by the pitiful lack of transfer funds available to me I began to look into some loan options.

I made an offer to loan Carlos Vela from Arsenal and offered an initial fee of around £650k to test the water. This was their response.

Wow, that's a lot just to loan somebody! lol

velaloanfeell0.th.jpgthpix.gif

Anybody else seen anything like this as a loan fee?

You shouldn't have to pay any money to loan a player in my opinion, unless if your willing to pay for part of their weekly wages for the player.

But teams do all the time...

Like £1.5 mil for Ellington or £500k for Kazmierczak for the season this year for the Rams.

I must add though, that is just plain rediculous for Vela for a season!

It's plain ridiculous for any player for a season. 98% of players in the game could be bought outright for that much, and any player worth putting down a loan fee of 26m for would be too important to be allowed to go on loan in the first place.

Definitely a bug.

No, I think it's definately an issue, is nobody else experiencing this? Taking a bit of gloss off the game for me.

I'm playing as WBA and as is the way with our chairman he's keeping the purse strings well and truly shut so loans are the best option. You've got players like Kevin Thomspon & Barry Robson from Scotland, available for loan with a value of £2m yet they want £1m to loan the player!

Song from Arsenal, listed for loan, valued at £3m and Arsenal want £2m to loan him for ONE season???? This is never right!

Not an isolated incident, loans are a crucial part of the game and the ridiculous figures being asked for players, just to loan then, is well wide of the mark in real life football

Cuzer

No, I think it's definately an issue, is nobody else experiencing this? Taking a bit of gloss off the game for me.

I'm playing as WBA and as is the way with our chairman he's keeping the purse strings well and truly shut so loans are the best option. You've got players like Kevin Thomspon & Barry Robson from Scotland, available for loan with a value of £2m yet they want £1m to loan the player!

Song from Arsenal, listed for loan, valued at £3m and Arsenal want £2m to loan him for ONE season???? This is never right!

Not an isolated incident, loans are a crucial part of the game and the ridiculous figures being asked for players, just to loan then, is well wide of the mark in real life football

Cuzer

Well, those aren't overly bad, if you can make a good future fee to make it permanent.

You shouldn't have to pay any money to loan a player in my opinion, unless if your willing to pay for part of their weekly wages for the player.

Donny Rovers ahve been trying to get a striker on loan for a while. Apparently one player they enquired about wanted £1mill just to sign on loan - £1mill that would have gone to the player, not the club.

As for wages, there is a rule that a certain minimum percentage of the player's wages has to be paid by the loaning club, but I'm not sure off the top of my head what the figure is.

in real life, didnt man utd loan tevez for 2 seasons for 30 million?

No. They paid a figure to loan him for 2 season, I can't remember what that was, and that was so that they could buy him for a future fee that brought the total to £30mil. I think it's £10mil originally and £20mil to make it permenant. It's annoying this isn't in the game because Utd are getting off free with about £20mil they owe, but I guess it's hard to make players loanable from a company in the game, not an actual team.

That is ridicules anyone who says it isnt a bug need to take their head out of SI rear end, on the demo Man City wanted £67m for Michael Johnson! What a joke and thats what this game has now turned into, a joke, more bugs than a termite mound. I seriously think SI are taking the **** with this one its not even like they've had to start from scratch with it either its just an update from 08 how can they get things sooo wrong? Maybe they should start from scratch. For now theres no way im getting the full game, i'll keep reading these forums until they're not absolutely full of complaints like this then I'll think about getting it.

Spot on, it's definately got to be a bug. A mate of mine, also playing as WBA got Song for £0 fee and 20% of wages, Arsenal now want £5m off me to take him on loan and all his wages! In the game his overall value is £4m! Come on!

I've also seen these £20m loan fee's for players, no way realistic, we're not talking option to buy here, we are talking loan only, it's got to be a **** up in the programming

Cuzer

But teams do all the time...

Like £1.5 mil for Ellington or £500k for Kazmierczak for the season this year for the Rams.

Derby bought Ellington, didn't they? I thought it was a loan with view to a permanent move which took place already. I know Kazmierczak is on loan...

• SI Staff

The figures quoted in these examples are there to put off any computer controlled teams from making a loan bid for that player. The clubs in question do not wish to loan the player. The real fault here is the feedback given via the news item.

It should state that the club is unwilling to loan the player out at the present time.

Instead of quoting the unavailable for loan generated loan fee's.

This is a knock-on effect from the increased feedback (now specifies how much they want upfront and as a future fee) that have been added to the rejection of loan offers news item.

Middlesbrough wanted 975k for me (Wolves) to loan Andrew Taylor. A player who had made 2 appearences in 22 games and was languishing in the reserves. Very strange i thought!

Not quite as bad as some ive seen, but come on have a bit of common sense, a simple recall clause would be sufficient especially if a senior player just isnt getting first team football, the manager should be actively looking into getting him loaned out, not charging a million squid for the privelage

they wont loan him to you simple as that, he plays first team football in first season. If you have no fee it says they wont because of his first team commitments, if you offer a fee they told me 22.5 million, methinks its just there way of saying lol no way.

Archived