The most expensive FM series so far $1,500

Cipriang80 - I'm about to join you, although I was considering an iMac ($1799) to replace my PC. According to SI my specifications were supposed to work, but does not. The Intel video cards appear to be an issue after looking through these forums. I've already pre-ordered the PC version 2 months ago, so I'll have to change that to the MAC version if I go through with this.

I guess we'll do anything to see this game work.

Cipriang80 - I'm about to join you, although I was considering an iMac ($1799) to replace my PC. According to SI my specifications were supposed to work, but does not. The Intel video cards appear to be an issue after looking through these forums. I've already pre-ordered the PC version 2 months ago, so I'll have to change that to the MAC version if I go through with this.

i love macs, but there are way to many programs that you cannot run on them. extremely expensive to upgrade and costly to buy a performant one.

No its fact. The 3d engine is crap.

I've seen better 3d on 10 year old games

Of course it is not fact. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on it no matter how wrong you think it is. The 3d was good enough for me. Sure there are some bugs but it is still better than 2d.

Of course it is not fact. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on it no matter how wrong you think it is. The 3d was good enough for me. Sure there are some bugs but it is still better than 2d.

i like the 3d too, though i think it requires too much out of a system. i am curious, what were the req. systems for cm 09?

Haha what kind of 3d were you expecting....clearly it should be up to par with Far Cry 2 IMO...hahahah kidding. I love the new game, I mean it's only 30 bucks. Well worth the new features and better transfer system. By the way the 3d runs great on my system and I only have an X2 4200 and an X1950 Pro, very cheap stuff these days.

Haha what kind of 3d were you expecting....clearly it should be up to par with Far Cry 2 IMO...hahahah kidding. I love the new game, I mean it's only 30 bucks. Well worth the new features and better transfer system. By the way the 3d runs great on my system and I only have an X2 4200 and an X1950 Pro, very cheap stuff these days.

i would think the transfer changes are the biggest improvement yet. i use the x360 for the other games.

I imagine there will be a fix for the intel card issue fairly quickly - i would guess this is the highest priority issue.

Because my macbook wasn t doing it for 09, i went and got a new toy.

Gateway Fx with Q9300 quad, 4gb ram and 512 mb nvidia9800 GT Videocard.

Hope will be good for fm 10 too.:)

In fact, you will be able to play latest games in full high settings with that machine, so you will not care if the FM 3D engine will work or not :D

i would think the transfer changes are the biggest improvement yet. i use the x360 for the other games.

Oh yeah, I don't know how it will carry on into other seasons, but I doubt teams will be asking for £100m for normal players. I'm assuming prices will reflect performance and interest rather than just who's selling.

In fact, you will be able to play latest games in full high settings with that machine, so you will not care if the FM 3D engine will work or not :D

Wow, how funny, I just bought the same laptop rig today, except mine is the duo. Got mine for a song, too - $885.

i love macs, but there are way to many programs that you cannot run on them. extremely expensive to upgrade and costly to buy a performant one.

Thanks for your input.........I guess I'll wait & see the fixes our SI friends provide.

it's actually 50 bucks for you Americans ;)

Actually new Macs comes with Intel processors. So you can install dual OS, like MacOS + Windows :)

it's actually 50 bucks for you Americans ;)

the game sells for 29$ but its released on the 18th.

there is the steam download as well but i would wanna have a hard copy of the game.

by the way, if you download from steam, can you play the game without a internet connection?

Doesn't really mean that FM has cost you a lot of money if you were getting a new computer anyway. Although I do wonder how much the game costs when you take into account the hours of work that are lost as a result of playing.

i think the 3d is perfect wat more did you really expect becaue it was near going to be like fifa or pro if you did you are just a fool

This is what people seem to be getting their knickers in a twist about.

Commentary. 2D. 3D. Three different ways to see out the game.

Just saw my team score a simply wonderful team goal. Midfield making about 8 passes in centre-mid, one touch football, before a brilliant one-two led to a cross with a player diving onto it, to win the game 2-1. It was majestic. Played it back in various 3D angles.

And, being a BIG fan, of 2D (which for all its simplicity was great at heart-in-mouth moments from a viewing perspective) the goal looked great there too.

you must have money to burn thats all i can say a pc built for £400 could play FM09 providing the CPU supported 3D

When i am buying something like a PC or a TV, i wanna make sure i ll be allright for a few years. I think it s money spent wise, not wasted. As i said, i hope i won t have to upgrade for FM 2010 too :) Instead of building a PC on my own, i would rather pay for a brand one 200-300 $ more and enjoy 36 months of full warranty, or 90 return-no questions asked.

I really am impresed with this machine. I ran halo 3, fm 09, need for speed, i tunes and safari simultanious and no problems. Will shift will alt+tab in no time.

Only 24 inches? ;)

Yeah exactly, 42 inch is the way to go man, you got it the wrong way round! Mine's a modest 22 inch haha, I love it!

When i am buying something like a PC or a TV, i wanna make sure i ll be allright for a few years. I think it s money spent wise, not wasted. As i said, i hope i won t have to upgrade for FM 2010 too :) Instead of building a PC on my own, i would rather pay for a brand one 200-300 $ more and enjoy 36 months of full warranty, or 90 return-no questions asked.

I really am impresed with this machine. I ran halo 3, fm 09, need for speed, i tunes and safari simultanious and no problems. Will shift will alt+tab in no time.

Completely agree. Some people have no foresight at all, overall you are saving money because even if you upgrade you have to swap for the new parts as well. As long as its a reasonably higher price and not extortionate, its very worth it. Although I build my own PC because that way it maximizes value for money.

Archived