Has anybody else given up of Football Manager because of FM09???

Ive bought the last 4 Manager games and each has been an improvement.

I download this demo and it basically slaps me in the face saying my computer isnt good enough. The whole feel of the game just isnt right, i dont get the same buzz i did from the others.

And then the match - not good enough for 3D, ok i can accept that (not happy but understand that good graphics means you need a good graphics card) so im playing 2D and again it doesnt feel right. My game jitters (lags) the whole matchday system is more complicated.

On pen and paper the whole game should have been by far the best thing sinse sliced bread - instead i must thank SI for producing a demo purely for the fact i can make an educated decision and now can invest my money in Pro evolution instead.

Maybe i should point out pro evo is for my PS3 not laptop.

I download this demo and it basically slaps me in the face saying my computer isnt good enough. The whole feel of the game just isnt right, i dont get the same buzz i did from the others.

And then the match - not good enough for 3D, ok i can accept that (not happy but understand that good graphics means you need a good graphics card) so im playing 2D and again it doesnt feel right. My game jitters (lags) the whole matchday system is more complicated.

On pen and paper the whole game should have been by far the best thing sinse sliced bread - instead i must thank SI for producing a demo purely for the fact i can make an educated decision and now can invest my money in Pro evolution instead.

Sounds like all your problems stem from the fact that your machine is not good enough to play the game. I feel for you, but it's hardly SI's fault is it?

I hope your machine is up to running Pro Evo!

Maybe you should invest your money into a new computer.

I agree, i dont understand when people say 'get a new computer' it's basicly the same specs as 08, just a stupid 3d pitch was made which messes everything up.

I'm not even going to look at the 3d pitch, so whats wrong?

Well, FM09 works fine on most specs and most laptops.

If you're leaving FM on the basis of this version, then I think you might need to learn to love bugs as your only other alternatives are a management game made by EA Sports (which has a bug where your staff randomly change role) and Champ Man which never has the right feel to it.

It's ridiculous to give up on FM because of this. Once again it will be fixed by either the final patch or by the next game. SI have said many a time that 3D would ruin the game, but they listen tothe fans and the fans were demanding it for years. So they decided they'd work on it and give it a shot.

And guess what - SI were right, the fans (other than me ;) ) were wrong. And now you get this.

SI will fix it next game, perhaps they'll even take it out ya never know.

[quote name=Just Jack

Maybe i should point out pro evo is for my PS3 not laptop.[/quote]

Just wanted to say that a jack did say he wasent playing pes on his pc it was his ps3. Secondly i played pes demo on my pc and it was fine but for some reason fm09 isnt!

My computer works with 3D, but my computer isn't outdated.

But you guys are being seriously naive, you can't really expect people to purchase a new computer just because FM09 doesn't work with it, that means paying £30 ontop of a new computer price, which with todays prices could be around £300 - £500 (for a standard computer).

So no, SI SHOULD be making the game match as many computers as possible, plus the 3D match engine is poor anyway, its clunky (slow frame rate), lags often, out of sync with sound, the players have a nap every time they slide and the injures are the worst cos the player is standing up the WHOLE time, but you find out later that hes torn a ligament and is out for 5 months. Seriously when does a player stand up from a serious injury like that?

My computer works with 3D, but my computer isn't outdated.

But you guys are being seriously naive, you can't really expect people to purchase a new computer just because FM09 doesn't work with it, that means paying £30 ontop of a new computer price, which with todays prices could be around £300 - £500 (for a standard computer).

So no, SI SHOULD be making the game match as many computers as possible, plus the 3D match engine is poor anyway, its clunky (slow frame rate), lags often, out of sync with sound, the players have a nap every time they slide and the injures are the worst cos the player is standing up the WHOLE time, but you find out later that hes torn a ligament and is out for 5 months. Seriously when does a player stand up from a serious injury like that?

Actually naive are the people asking for lower requirements... with this childish logic people would ask ID to make Doom 3 with same engine as Doom 2 because their pc was still the same 486 with 4 Mb RAM...

A friend of mine can play FM09 with a PC below the minimum specs... i think that some people here simply cant configure their pc...

Archived