Any Problems:

-3 crashes, 2 after continuing post match

Shouldn't be a unique problem to my system, I'm using an Acer 5920G laptop, core 2 duo 2gb, 2gb ddr ram, so I don't think it's spec issue as such.

-Keyboard sensitivity on press conferences too high

-Full match coverage a touch glitchy, 3d engine generally skips a bit, perhaps not so easy a fix

-Widgets are good but intrude on 'stand' mode. Elevation is best mode I'd say.

I like it, very promising, but the bugs will need to fixed before release

The little loading football appears and the game freezes when i click things, this has happened on team talk, club information, and on clicking player links, it seems pretty random and doesn't happen every time, even on the same things.

For example 2 times it froze or QPR information and another 2 times it didn't on the same screen.

I then have to shut it off in task manager.

Okay the download went just fine via Steam (just under half an hour). Load the game up took a little longer then expected but got there after a couple of minuets.

Now heres the problem. The game run just fine, I was able to do everything until I hit submit team. Then my computer just froze completley. Upon hitting Ctrl-Alt-Del it said Football Manager 2009 Demo - Not Responding.

I loaded it back up and started another new game and the same thing happend. I don't think its anything to do with my computers spec but to make sure here it is:-

More details about my computer

Component Details Subscore Base score

Processor Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 5.9 3.5

Determined by lowest subscore

Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB 4.9

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS 3.5

Gaming graphics 1663 MB Total available graphics memory 4.5

Primary hard disk 360GB Free (464GB Total) 5.7

Windows Vista Home Premium

System

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer System manufacturer

Model System Product Name

Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM

System type 32-bit operating system

Number of processor cores 4

64-bit capable Yes

Storage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 464 GB

Disk partition (C:) 360 GB Free (464 GB Total)

Media drive (D:) CD/DVD

Media drive (E:) CD/DVDCD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS

Total available graphics memory 1663 MB

Dedicated graphics memory 256 MB

Dedicated system memory 0 MB

Shared system memory 1407 MB

Display adapter driver version 7.15.11.6375

Primary monitor resolution 1280x768

DirectX version DirectX 10

Network

Network Adapter NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

Network Adapter Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter

Network Adapter NETGEAR WG111T 108Mbps Wireless USB2.0 Adapter

Can anybody help as it very annoying getting right up to the first game and then it keep crashing.

Thanks,

Millsy

1/ Way too many injuries. Played 2 games and got 3 big injuries already.

2/ Keep getting a little number 1 on the News tab but it's the same story every time, nothing new in there. Not to mention it doesn't seem to get updated at all despite lots of transfers going through.

Performance issue:

I use dual screen with Samsung laptop 2gb ram, 2.2ghz dual core, nvidia geforce 8600 GS 512mb, + samsung 17inch monitor.

in window mode it heavily slows down my internet browser, not the speed of the net but the application response time (firefox) very sluggish. with FM08 used to be fine, im not sure what this could be. wasnt when running 3d match engine or anything, just when it was open doing nothing

Vedran vorluka can play centre mid but not defensive mid n why is stephen mcmanus, gary caldwell, andy hinkel, scott brown, crosas, nakamura, jvoh, scott mcdonald n samaras all pure *****.

If you disagree with the stats I'm sure there will be a section in the data issues forum later on Sunday. If previous versions are anything to go by the researchers pop up in there to check.

The little loading football appears and the game freezes when i click things, this has happened on team talk, club information, and on clicking player links, it seems pretty random and doesn't happen every time, even on the same things.

For example 2 times it froze or QPR information and another 2 times it didn't on the same screen.

I then have to shut it off in task manager.

I have the exact same problem it's a real p*** take the fact that it crashes on team information and when i went to check marco alvarez' stats, im not gonna cancel my pre-order i'm just gonna hope.

-3 crashes, 2 after continuing post match

Shouldn't be a unique problem to my system, I'm using an Acer 5920G laptop, core 2 duo 2gb, 2gb ddr ram, so I don't think it's spec issue as such.

-Keyboard sensitivity on press conferences too high

-Full match coverage a touch glitchy, 3d engine generally skips a bit, perhaps not so easy a fix

-Widgets are good but intrude on 'stand' mode. Elevation is best mode I'd say.

I like it, very promising, but the bugs will need to fixed before release

I have the same laptop and was encountering crashes every time I went to a game (before, no after)

It was fixed after going to the Microsoft DirectX 10 page and updating it, even though it was updating the DX9 part, it's fixed the problem.

If you haven't already, try that and see if it helps. might be a long shot though but it's got rid of my problems and for some reason made the game run faster and smoother all-round :s

Archived