"Player X faces ex-coach" bla bla fixed in fm 2009?

This has been going on some topics, but will this finally be fixed in FM 2009? It comes to a point that every time you face an ex-player of your team, the media will talk about it (but yes, we all know that).

But the perfect example happen today. After selling my reserve keeper, i faced him in the cup game. Ok so here comes the "Ex-player faces etc.." Next match is against them again, but for the league. And guess whats pops out? Yup, the same thing. And HEY, what about facing the same team on the uefa 1 week later? Hmm...i wonder what message appeared...

Its really annoying, and im not even talking about the rest of the players you sell, specially if they stay in the same league! Lets say you sold 5-8 players to teams in your league. Lets say you face them in a close range of time, and how many times you will comment it...

Anyway, i hope this is fixed in fm 2009, or just happens ONCE and not everytime you face a player that has been in your team.

That even happens if a player has never played when you was manager.

Example is that I took over Changsha in China in 2010 and before a game against Beijing (I think) the media asked me about a player that used to play for the team back in like 2008 saying that it he faces his former manager.

I took a load on trail when I was in Welsh Premier, most of them only stayed a few days to play the friendly, one was awful in the game and his stats were not that good either so I let him go. Every time I play against one it comes up with "player faces ex manager", funniest bit was "x played under him for 1 day...." *banghead*

This kind of stuff is where SI needs to make major improvements. I think they need to go for less quantity and more depth and content.

More like over a course of a career, you develop a rivalry, anmosity, mutual respect etc with few select players, coaches, assitants, managers etc. But that sort of contact should have context and depth. A player should have played at least a couple of seasons for you as a major contributor, or a manager that you have met in race for titles at least 3-4 times. And over time there should be back and forth comments so that there is a story to follow.

As things stand now. i get comments about dozens of ex players playing against me. Usually when i take over a team, i agressively turn the personnel around. so if i released or traded a guy before he even played a single game for me, then it should hardly matter than he is playing against me later.

Currently there a lot of quantity of interaction with various players and manager but there is very little substance to it.

Akaz

Agree with all comments here. You seem to get the 'player faces former manager' for EVERY player you sell, even the fringe players you sell when you take over at a new club which is stupid!

You get the 'player faces former manager' crap even for players that never got a game for you but you sold on. Should only occur for players that had a real impact or played a lot of games for you.

I just hate it when players who either left the day I started the job or never played a game for me come up every 5 minutes but when you play against someone who was a major part of my squad for years it says nothing. I've never see it when you play against a former club though, I spent 5 years at Peterborough taking them within the brink of the Premiership then played them in the carling cup a few years later. It was my first return to london road, I was their most successful manager but nothing was said.

This has been going on some topics, but will this finally be fixed in FM 2009? It comes to a point that every time you face an ex-player of your team, the media will talk about it (but yes, we all know that).

But the perfect example happen today. After selling my reserve keeper, i faced him in the cup game. Ok so here comes the "Ex-player faces etc.." Next match is against them again, but for the league. And guess whats pops out? Yup, the same thing. And HEY, what about facing the same team on the uefa 1 week later? Hmm...i wonder what message appeared...

Its really annoying, and im not even talking about the rest of the players you sell, specially if they stay in the same league! Lets say you sold 5-8 players to teams in your league. Lets say you face them in a close range of time, and how many times you will comment it...

Anyway, i hope this is fixed in fm 2009, or just happens ONCE and not everytime you face a player that has been in your team.

i get this as well it does my head in it is like man utd playing newcastle say in reallife and fergue being asked about butt then playing them 3 days later and being asked the same thing it would get on fergies nerves.when you face an ex player a box should appear at the side with a list of player from that team who you had at your club before they left.

those messages were annoying beyond every good taste. i took over hajduk and decided not to extend damjanovic's contract he went to slaven belupo and even 3 seasons later every time i faced slaven belupo (and i would face them at least 3 times a season) i'd get the damjanovic faces his former club message and got asked to respond.

seriously ffs finally get the ****in point. i told you 3 years ago that we are a better club without him and the fact he's a reserve even at svalen belupo shows that

I know the solution but it may be too late for FM09 lol! They should do it only for the next game they play "first game since leaving tottenham"! Or if the next game is away from your home-ground then there will also be another question about it the next time but this time saying "returns to white hart lane" AND THAT IS THE MOST IT WOULD DO IT! Then next time it won't say anything. I guess it could say it once more if when he played you the first time he scored a hat-trick against you so they would ask "will you do anything differently"? Or "Is he still a threat"

What do you think. I think its the best way if they want to keep this in game!

Archived