Stopping your Chairman accepting bids?

I seem to bid at least 4 or 5 times a players value to get a bid accepted. However as soon as some other club comes in with a bid slightly over my players valuation my greedy Chairman is selling the player over my head. Sadly the fans don't care.

For example Jimenez is valued at 10.25M and my ass****chairan thinks 13.25 is enough despite me wanting 20M. It's the same with other players and bids of around 2M more than their current value.

I am Rangers, I moved the OF into the EPL.I this problem in the SPL too, but I thought the amount of money available down south would stop him grabbing every penny.

What do I change about the Chairman in the Editor to stop this? Is it because he has a lack of ambition?

I seem to bid at least 4 or 5 times a players value to get a bid accepted. However as soon as some other club comes in with a bid slightly over my players valuation my greedy Chairman is selling the player over my head. Sadly the fans don't care.

For example Jimenez is valued at 10.25M and my ass****chairan thinks 13.25 is enough despite me wanting 20M. It's the same with other players and bids of around 2M more than their current value.

I am Rangers, I moved the OF into the EPL.I this problem in the SPL too, but I thought the amount of money available down south would stop him grabbing every penny.

What do I change about the Chairman in the Editor to stop this? Is it because he has a lack of ambition?

I don't think there is any possible way to stop the chairman from accepting bids.

It's annoying, and I wish there was an option at the start of the game for chairmen to not accept bids. But life goes on, there's plenty of other players out there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coop:

What do I change about the Chairman in the Editor to stop this? Is it because he has a lack of ambition? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes he lacks ambition. You also want to reduce his interference stat. Remember, too ambitious, he'll ask you to win everything the team entered.

I agree that it happens in real life and SHOULD remain a feature of FM. I just think they need to stop Chairmen accepting very low bids unless the club is in financial trouble - and you should get notice of this plus a deadline to sort out the problems.

My most recent game I joined Man City in 12th, got them up to 5th end of season, and spent summer negotiating Corluka up to 30m, and wouldn't accept less. Last week of the transfer window, my chairman accepts a bit of £14.75million.

I won't complain about the feature but agree it needs a tweak for FM09.

One way to stop it is:

Once you receive the bid, offer the player to other clubs for £0.

If he accepts one of them, you can reject and life goes on.

It only fails if he accepts the original club, no-one offers for £0, or the original bid resulted in an instant acceptance, contact agreement and sale (in one turn).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by creature_from_ottawa:

edit the hands on approach and interference to a lower stat in FMM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've altered the iterference stat. I couldn't find a stat for hands-on approach.

Thanks. Hopefully it will work.

What would be a good number for his ambition stat?

My club is worth over 1B euros with 350m balance and 300m for transfers, but my chairman keeps accepting bids over my head. Oh yes, I have changed his interference stat to 1 with FMM. It keeps happening. One more "overdone" feature.

Odd that I find this...

Just came on the net after getting ****ed at my game.

I was looking to sell Petr Cech (had my reasons) and put him out there at £40m.

In the SAME turn that Inter and Arsenal come in offering the correct amount, Real Madrid come in offering £26m (he is rated at £23m) and Abramovic ACCEPTS!!!!!

Guess where he goes? icon_frown.gif

Thanks boss...you goon!

Then star man Marcelo goes after Real offer £30m for him...he is 'worth' £21m and is a key player for me.

I'm FUMING!!!!

*and calm*

(sorry just really annoyed at the game being gimped) icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GavinZac:

Its the chairman's money, he can do what he likes with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif hes got a point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GavinZac:

Precisely. In real life a manager's only option is to resign.

True, but unlike RL we are responsible for the buying of players in the game, so it's only logical that we are in charge of the selling as well. Especially when there are no financial reasons forcing the transfer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bterz:

Especially when there are no financial reasons forcing the transfer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you suggesting the chairman's girlfriend's new frock is not a viable financial reason?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DS:

Get over it! Thats football. Small teams cant hold onto big players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Bolton is feeling it the worst this season in the EPL with Anelka's transfer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bterz:

Especially when there are no financial reasons forcing the transfer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you suggesting the chairman's girlfriend's new frock is not a viable financial reason? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the Chairman gives me a night with his daughter, I wouldn't mind him selling my players so much. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skunner:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

Are you suggesting the chairman's girlfriend's new frock is not a viable financial reason? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the Chairman gives me a night with his daughter, I wouldn't mind him selling my players so much. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What if she is ugly?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DS:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skunner:

If the Chairman gives me a night with his daughter, I wouldn't mind him selling my players so much. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What if she is ugly? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then a night with his wife?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by socsoc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What if she is ugly? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

huh???

That's never stopped anyone before. icon_wink.gif

Get over it! Thats football. Small teams cant hold onto big players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Small Teams?

Im playing as Arsenal, and Hill-Wood is always accepting bids for players! Marcelo, Matias Fernandez, Robin van Persie, Tomas Rosicky, Kolo Toure, Bacary Sagna... all have gone after Hill-Wood accepted bid for them!

How do you get offered 40 mil for Cech? AI never offers me proper money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clubs had been sniffing around, offering around £28-32m. So I TL'd him, offered him around for £40m...voila.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">One way to stop it is:

Once you receive the bid, offer the player to other clubs for £0.

If he accepts one of them, you can reject and life goes on.

It only fails if he accepts the original club, no-one offers for £0, or the original bid resulted in an instant acceptance, contact agreement and sale (in one turn). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh my God, there's nothing like a really simple post to make you feel like an idiot. I consider myself quite savvy at getting round issues in the game, but I can't believe I never thought of this!

Will be doing this from now on. I can only see it failing if the bid is accepted from a really top club like Real Madrid or one of the Millans.

Cheers.

Aye, it's massively over done at the moment...

I have 200 mil to spend on players, 300mil+ in the bank, a milllion under my weekly wage budget with a team that's won the premiership 3 years in a row, champions league last year. I'm seen as one of the world's best managers, and we're seen as one of the world's best team. Clear at the top of the valuable club list by a country mile, and filling a 60k stadium every week.

So why is my chairman accepting offers over my head? £8 mil for a highly rated young player i'd just nicked from a norwegian team for 3.5 mil?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r0x0r:

Aye, it's massively over done at the moment...

I have 200 mil to spend on players, 300mil+ in the bank, a milllion under my weekly wage budget with a team that's won the premiership 3 years in a row, champions league last year. I'm seen as one of the world's best managers, and we're seen as one of the world's best team. Clear at the top of the valuable club list by a country mile, and filling a 60k stadium every week.

So why is my chairman accepting offers over my head? £8 mil for a highly rated young player i'd just nicked from a norwegian team for 3.5 mil? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe because the offer was more then double what you just paid for him so the chairman thought it was a good deal...

Archived