Your best Regens vs the World's Best Regens...

Seems like a lot of effort to load the lot tbh, so i'll just tell you that in my old save the best regen in the world played for Barcelona and was an Argentinian called Javier Diaz. 20 finishing, 20 heading, 20 long shots etc etc, he was basically the new Batistuta.

I saw Real Madrid with an insanely awesome regen striker. You know, the kind that had decent physical stats alongside those technical and mental ones. Gutted I didn't discover him first! Broke my older regen's record of Champion League Goals to 19!

Greg Pistolero was my most amazing regen - a gk with 20 on pretty much everything. that was fm07 though. Marko Ratsep and Sergey Pushkarev would be my best defensive regens, both with 20 on tackling, pace & acc, composure etc - ratsep was a bit small though lol i think he was about 5 ft 7 so he never won any headers (eventually i retrained him as a left back, that way his inability to head didn't matter too much)

in midfield ermm i had some italian guy on 07 but i forget his name, guy called Michael Doyle was quite good when I managed England, errrrrrm can't really think of any other amazing ones off the top of my head.... guess Rodrigo for brazil, think he was right back, Junior and a guy called erm... something do Nascrimento although he played for brazil after I left.... will try and get more and some piccies later

Stefan Fredriksson

This guy has been my best on Football Manager 2008...

Records:

Best Season:67 goals in 63 apps

Best Champions League season: 28 goals in 16 appearances

Best League Season: 46 goals in 34 matches

I might add that I have a 19 year old with an 18 for penalty taking...

not surprised perfect finishing combined with great power and great pace and great acceration and great at finding space is bound to be an unstopble force in front of goal he should have been called the new shearer with the skills he has.

Fixed..............

........well I thought it was funny :p

When he was 18 or 19 or something, I was looking into an Andy Carroll replacement and I spotted him at Man City, I was tempted to buy him then just because of his name and the fact he was 6'4"... But instead I went and looked into some other options (most notably Angel, who isn't on my team sheet ironically enough because of Little), but anyhow... When he was 24 he scored 20 goals in 10 odd matches at the start of a premier League season and my jaw just dropped, so BAM! £13.5 million later he was mine!

not surprised perfect finishing combined with great power and great pace and great acceration and great at finding space is bound to be an unstopble force in front of goal he should have been called the new shearer with the skills he has.

Probably the best player I have right now, complete dominance, not injury prone at all either, I think he's been injured once or twice in 6 years and that was a gashed arm or something, scored what is now more than Andy Carroll's 9 years at the club tally of 365...

• 2 years later...

my 2 best regens, though im not that far into the game as of yet.

Torres is already a started and Sabotic is just getting better and better. Id love to be able to see a history of how much a player has improved since you bought them, cos him and Torres have improved a hell of alot.

Torres

Sabotic

A two and a half year old thread dug up lol.

musteveevans.jpg

My favourite striker stats are not awesome but nearly a goal a game and 30 assists a season is brilliant. Plus check out his international scoring rate.

muwilsonsousa.jpg

[video=youtube;O3nQiNPPmf4]

Along with a £67 million CB who can do that.

Yeah I realised after I posted that it was over 2 and a half years old lol. Better than creating a new thread though ;)

No problem it just made me laugh, some people post new threads when the same topic is being discussed a few threads down and here's someone digging up such an old thread. It has sparked a few replies as well lol.

I've got my Barcelona team in 2020. Still got some real players in there, but I'll only post links to the regens

--------------------Asenjo-----------------

Trustfull--Altieri---Pique----Tomas

------------------Bianchi-----------------

-------------Messi---Kornev------------

-Sezer---------------------------De Waal

----------------Rudenok-----------------

I've got my Barcelona team in 2020. Still got some real players in there, but I'll only post links to the regens

--------------------Asenjo-----------------

Trustfull--Altieri---Pique----Tomas

------------------Bianchi-----------------

-------------Messi---Kornev------------

-Sezer---------------------------De Waal

----------------Rudenok-----------------

Are your wingers just set as inside forwards? They seem to be performing extremely well.

Are your wingers just set as inside forwards? They seem to be performing extremely well.

Inside forwards on attack, with a striker who is a Complete Forward on support. Plus, with Messi creating chances from the middle, loads of chances.

I didn't expect them to do as well as they have though. I'm so happy with the signing of Sezer, he's amazing.

Inside forwards on attack, with a striker who is a Complete Forward on support. Plus, with Messi creating chances from the middle, loads of chances.

I didn't expect them to do as well as they have though. I'm so happy with the signing of Sezer, he's amazing.

Performance wise he is one of the best players I have seen, such high pace and acceleration combined with the other stats make him brilliant.

Performance wise he is one of the best players I have seen, such high pace and acceleration combined with the other stats make him brilliant.

Yeah. When I signed both him and De Waal, at the start of the season, I was expecting De Waal to be the better player as I think he's got more stats higher, but Sezer shows that speed is an absolute killer on this game, plus great key stats.

Wow, Chalky impressive goal to game ratio on both of your wingers there!!

Thanks, yeah. My lead strikers has chipped in with a paltry 23 in 21 so far as well. My attack is awesome and my defense is solid. Only conceded 3 league goals so far. I think it might be that La Liga has just got weak though...

I didn't notice how old the thread was when I posted!

It happens quite a bit when someone uses the search and then finds something that they are interested in replying to. It has happened to me once or twice too! :o

I only posted in the thread because you did in the first place.. :p

It's a...

screaming20zombie1.jpg

...thread!

Seriously, this is ancient!!!

my 2 best regens, though im not that far into the game as of yet.

Torres is already a started and Sabotic is just getting better and better. Id love to be able to see a history of how much a player has improved since you bought them, cos him and Torres have improved a hell of alot.

Torres

Sabotic

How on earth did you stumble across this?

Oh... Maybe you did what people normally ask on forums and looked for a thread like this with search.

Ah... Good ol' Al-Qahtani.

I remember those days, when all regens were terrible physically, but with technique that will never be matched in never versions.

Stefan Fredriksson still holds my record for getting to 300 goals the quickest (notice how he's 26, for reference I signed him at 20). His pace and acceleration were rare traits in this strange FM 2008 world and as such he just obliterated everything in his path. His strike partner Stuart Little was a "pacey striker" in that gameworld.

Interestingly enough Stuart Little was my replacement for on Andy Carroll, who had become somewhat of a legend in my game. He destroyed the Premier League and Champions League for my Derby side, leaving nothing but destruction in his path. He scored over 370 goals for me after signing at 24. However, as was the case in FM2008, he hit 31 and the next thing I knew he was rapidly declining. At 33 he was essentially a geriatric after scoring 54 goals at 31, he could barely find the net at 33. Though he did win England the world cup at 33 (I think).

Interesting stuff eh, as since FM2008 until now he's been rated as terrible and bam! This year he goes to Liverpool for £35 mil! Football manager 2008 is a prophet!

Archived