Stadium expansions?

I haven't found anything on the stadium feature in FM09?

Is it renewed? I know FM09 is not really graphical but I always remember the fun on creating your own stadium in old games like Ultimate Soccer Manager, Premier Manager or even The Manager by Anco...

Maybe something for in the future now that SI hast started with the 3D-engine...

What do you guys think?

Guest roberto922

You know you'll get 1000 posts saying:

Is this a manager's job? NO!!

It's not realistic so get lost.

---------------------------

Guaranteed

Is it renewed? I know FM09 is not really graphical but I always remember the fun on creating your own stadium in old games like Ultimate Soccer Manager, Premier Manager or even The Manager by Anco...

Maybe something for in the future now that SI hast started with the 3D-engine...

What do you guys think?

You have to admire the frequency of this kind of post popping up. Like lambs to the slaughter!

What do you guys think?

Not a bad point.

I guess there will come a time in the not-too-distant future when FM has crowds at the matches (it's not that infeasible), maybe we'll see the stadiums get visually bigger with expansions.

didnt arsene wenger have a lot of input in the building of arsneals new stadium?

perhaps when you are in the clubs favoured personnel and have been there 10 years and won them a sack load of trophys you get to put in a little bit of auggestion regarding how big the stadium should be

I really don't wantto make FM like a UMS98 wher you have to decide where a hot-dog will be sold at what price and etc...

But why not give a 3D look of the club's stadium which can change when your request to expand it was granted. That stadium can then be used for the 3D match view so you get the feeling when you play at home or away...think this would be great for the atmosphere.

Playing in the second round of the FA Cup Away at Scarborough will feel different as the Semi-Final away at FC Barcelona...

I really don't wantto make FM like a UMS98 wher you have to decide where a hot-dog will be sold at what price and etc...

But why not give a 3D look of the club's stadium which can change when your request to expand it was granted. That stadium can then be used for the 3D match view so you get the feeling when you play at home or away...think this would be great for the atmosphere.

Playing in the second round of the FA Cup Away at Scarborough will feel different as the Semi-Final away at FC Barcelona...

This I like

Off course Semi-Final of Champions League! LOL

I don't quite understand some people on this forum, if anyone tries to discuss a feature that is just graphical, simply for the sake of atmosphere or anything of the sort they get blasted about it.

Yet the same people flock all over the net to get player photo packs, logos, new kits, sound packs, even new graphics for balls, goals, pitch, things that are just there for atmosphere. Personally I wouldn't play FM any longer without player pics and logos. For myself, I would love the ability to have stadium graphics that are viewed during the match in the game eventually, now that we've moved to 3d.

Graphics are fine so long as they don't needlessly bump up the system requirements for the game massively and don't take away from the game itself (e.g. making the pitch so small because of all the paraphenalia around it that you can't see the game properly)

I don't quite understand some people on this forum, if anyone tries to discuss a feature that is just graphical, simply for the sake of atmosphere or anything of the sort they get blasted about it.

Yet the same people flock all over the net to get player photo packs, logos, new kits, sound packs, even new graphics for balls, goals, pitch, things that are just there for atmosphere. Personally I wouldn't play FM any longer without player pics and logos. For myself, I would love the ability to have stadium graphics that are viewed during the match in the game eventually, now that we've moved to 3d.

Agreed. Don't see why FM can't be better in terms of graphical and sound.

It doesn't have to be like Fifa Manager and build your own stadium etc, but it can be for example, a stadium of 60,000 size really looks like a huge stadium(Emirates, Old Trafford) rather than an ordinary stadium of medium size.

I think it should be the same, my only comment is I hope they add some stands to the 3D engine cos at the moment it looks like you're playing in a park!

well said, i really don't like the current format... maybe not stands as such but something else that makes it look like a staium. because although the graphics on fm09 look great, without a stadium it might look silly

Where do you stop though? If you show a stadium it'd look pretty silly if it is empty...so you'd have to have people in it...and their number would have to be determined by your attendance (in terms of how full the stadium is).

If there is no stadium then it's not really an issue, you can just imagine it is there, but if there is an empty stadium around the pitch it is harder to just imagine people sat in it!

i hope that with stadium expansions that some common sense previals. ive had upton park converted into a 95,000 seater stadium. surely thats impossible! there is no room whatsoever! could be a one off, but im sure the locals would protest to having their houses knocked down for my new stand ;)

I think the addition of in-match stadiums (not building them yourself though) is a great idea and something SI should aim towards. However, as mentioned in the thread, the more you think about it the more hurdles there are. But this shouldn't stop SI from looking to include this within the game in the future. I'm sure it would add a huge amount to the feel of realism when playing a match.

I think the addition of in-match stadiums (not building them yourself though) is a great idea and something SI should aim towards. However, as mentioned in the thread, the more you think about it the more hurdles there are. But this shouldn't stop SI from looking to include this within the game in the future. I'm sure it would add a huge amount to the feel of realism when playing a match.

sounds good :D

well the stadium doesn't have to be emaculate and amazing, perhaps just a blurred style stadium around the edge, so as not to take the emphasis away from the pitch but to give it a better overall atmosphere

Well we can also have it where we can buy cars and have wives and spend our hard earnt money...

Dont make me laugh things like this arnt on the list at SI let alone Championship Manager and we all know how bad they are!

Seriously want this? go play the old LMA Manager or Fifa Manager.

bloomin heck... i wasn't asking for the world mate... all i wanted was a stadium style thing in the background of the 3d match engine so like it said above... 'it doesn't look like a park pitch'. I didn't say anything stupid like cars and wives. I think you are the type of people that ruin these forums not me!

I'm just waiting for the usual Anti Fifa Manager posters to come along...

Well we can also have it where we can buy cars and have wives and spend our hard earnt money...

Dont make me laugh things like this arnt on the list at SI let alone Championship Manager and we all know how bad they are!

Seriously want this? go play the old LMA Manager or Fifa Manager.

....Bingo!

what i suggest with managers having a say in stadium expansion is when you've been at the club long enough AND you asked them to expand, they call you to the meeting where they decide how much to expand etc. and tell you what the implications on your wage and transfer budget will be. that way, you can recommend something, but they might not necesarily listen to you...

ooo harsh words!

i see exactly what charlie is saying

how would you enjoy the game where the graphics just stop when you get to the edge of the pitch!?!?!

Even at 2d we can still see around the edges of the pitch... we have lived with that without hassle. Dont see how no stadium around 3d will be hassle

I'm delighted that Si have decided NOT to put stadiums around the pitch. When you play FIFA and PES, all the teams play in the same stadiums (or the smaller ones do) and IMO it totally ruins the realism.

Not in Fifa 09 they dont, all stadiums are modelled for each team, i think its ace, Emirates Stadium looks bootiful :D

Like I said, mainly for smaller teams. Try playing in League Two and you will see that most stadiums look alike because they use a placeholder stadium for the smaller teams.

You know you'll get 1000 posts saying:

Is this a manager's job? NO!!

It's not realistic so get lost.

---------------------------

Guaranteed

Do you think that discussing about transfer sum and player wages is a job of the manager? Some will do but rather rarely...

When you look at this video below you can see there is no stadium but what is interesting are the shadows on the field, they look like the stadium shadows. I`m wondering if in the final version of FM09 there will be stadiums shown but they did not want to have it shown on this demo video? I mean it makes no sense to have stadium shadows on the field when there is no stadium even shown in the view... look at it...

I love the whole "build your stadium" thing, its probably the only feature i have liked in other football management games. I would certainly enjoy it in Football manager if it was done correctly.

They do it correctly now. How many football managers design a stadium?

Sure Arsene had an input, but it was only an input and even that is the exception rather than the norm.

Archived