Clubs greats being sold

In fm08 i remember saeeing players such as Giggs being sold for peanuts . Will this be fixed for FM09 ? Because IRL this would never happen.

To be honest I think it does happen IRL. Considering the age of Giggs there is no way he could warrant a significant transfer fee if any anymore. So if he makes the decision that he wants regular first team football (which IRL he isn't getting even now) then United would have no choice but to let him go "for peanuts".

To be honest I think it does happen IRL. Considering the age of Giggs there is no way he could warrant a significant transfer fee if any anymore. So if he makes the decision that he wants regular first team football (which IRL he isn't getting even now) then United would have no choice but to let him go "for peanuts".

The point is Giggs would never want to leave united

On a related note does it annoy people when greats end up getting released and ending up on free transfer and because they will retire at the end of next season you are unable to sign them!!! I hope this gets addressed too as they might as well have retired straight away that way at least you could have signed them as a coach cause, lets face it alot of them have great coaching stats!

Due to his recent injuries IMO Nevilles ability has declined rapidly , where as Giggs and Scholes are still vital players . But in FM , after 1 season or less , Man U , for some reason , Put Giggs on the transfer list and sell him for around £1m . Please sort this out SI.

Back on topic, not about Giggs or Neville or Scholes,

I find Maldini leaves Milan too soon. If Maldini left Milan IRL, the fans supporters would camp outside night and day protesting. If he retires, fair enough, let him.

I propose a squad status 'Club Great' or somewhere along those lines, to make the player a fan favourite and an almost unsellable status. This would stop the AI from selling them like they would normal players.

I hope its reflected in FM09 that Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs have both started coaching badges and will eventually become coachs. It should also be set that the likes of those two would be made coach's at Man Utd and not allowed to retire and coach elsewhere because everyone knows they will eventually become Man Utd coachs in the future.

Players like Maldini , Scholes and Giggs would never leave their teams , unless something drastic happend . They have all came out and said they will retire when they are no longer needed at their clubs (AC and Man U)

Have you looked at his history in FM?

He's played regularly for A.C. Milan since about 1984 or something like that, amazing :thup:

I agree with the OP that club greats shouldn't rot in the reserves or be sold off for next to nothing. Perhaps a new player description should be made for such players, like "Club Legend", and then maybe it should be hard-coded into the game that players like this should have much more chance of being played regularly, which in turn would make the game that little bit more realistic.

I wasnt saying he was a legend , but Giggs IMO is far better than Gilberto , therefore should be worth more , the age difference is 2-3 years , bot 10 years . Giggs is one of the fittest players in the prem , so i dont think age is that big of a factor.

Giggs would never leave Man Utd but in FM08 (my game anyway) United simply stop playing him and he becomes unhappy + transfer listed. Under these circumstances I think he would leave (if there was no coaching position/oppertunity, of course)

yeh...can understand that giggs gets worse so early on in fm but not scholes, he has never really had pace...in fact i would say the attributes he has built his career on do not really deteriate directly with age e.g. his passing and shooting abilities

Am I the only one who has noticed the deterioration of Scholes so far this season.

He simply goes around fouling players.

He's past it now!

Archived