Is it best in a 2 man strikeforce to have a striker and a forward?

I'm more of a one man up front kinda guy, with 3 attacking midfielders who weigh in with plenty of goals. If I played two up front I don't think i'd go with two out and out strikers, i'd want one of them to be skillfull enough to score goals and create assists.

ive questioned that myself with who to partner torres, kuyt seems to to alot better for me than keane does, and kuyt is the st and keane the fw. Im trying to find a striker who has good passing and decision stats who can maybe link up with Nando tho ive not came across anyone I really like, it seems like the old sheringham/bergkamp/rivaldo type fw isnt as common these days, its all wingers and att midfielders.

If I use 2 strikers I generally just want one who is tall, the other fast and take it from there. I was planning a 0 strikers tactic with Villareal, but I lost interest in the save before my first match so never got to test it out :p

I agree, a TM with a fast striker is the best solution.

For me it's important the ST to have a very good technique and pace. Against good defenders lack of technique will result in losing all the balls. Von blade I do not agree with you. Look in modern football. You can rarely find ST who only finish the balls. ST should take the role of playmaker sometimes if there is no support in front or when MC are busy defending.

I think it's a good idea of having one forward and ST. They complement each other. A good AM in front of them will bring constructive and beautiful football.

I don't like wingers because they only centre the ball and if your ST is not a monster in air you be ineffective. May be a give wrong instructions, but wingers score too little goals.

I don't like wingers because they only centre the ball and if your ST is not a monster in air you be ineffective. May be a give wrong instructions, but wingers score too little goals.

It depends how your set up i would guess. But to say wingers don't score is wrong :) I have Sneijder on the left and Silva on the right! Team instructions are "down both wings" and my wingers make "forward runs" and "run with ball" plus cross from "byline" and also "hold up ball". They both score generally 15 a season each cutting in and smashing in 30 yard screamers :D

PS. This is all within a 442 diamond formation with wingers!

On topic, My partnership of Benzema and Robinho works well with switching positions. And Benzema is a ST and Robinho FC i believe! So that works well but it still works when i put another striker in the mix so i don't think it matter too much about the position but more their stats!

It depends how your set up i would guess. But to say wingers don't score is wrong :) I have Sneijder on the left and Silva on the right! Team instructions are "down both wings" and my wingers make "forward runs" and "run with ball" plus cross from "byline" and also "hold up ball". They both score generally 15 a season each cutting in and smashing in 30 yard screamers :D

PS. This is all within a 442 diamond formation with wingers!

On topic, My partnership of Benzema and Robinho works well with switching positions. And Benzema is a ST and Robinho FC i believe! So that works well but it still works when i put another striker in the mix so i don't think it matter too much about the position but more their stats!

Btw, why do you have your wingers on "hold the ball"?

Btw, why do you have your wingers on "hold the ball"?

Because i find it helps bring the rest of the team into play. Especially on counter attacks - which i have set. So when they're tearing down the wing it gives time for the strikers to catch up and get into the box. Also, on quite a few occasions i've seen them wait till Nasri my AM can get onto the edge of the box late and because they've held it up he finds himself space to smash the ball into the back of the net from the edge of the area! :D Works for me anyway!

ITS LIKE WATCHING BRAZIL :D

I check the opposition centre-backs. If both are slow and lumbering I'll play play a pair of nippy bu99ers. If one or both are strong and fast I'll play a tall strong target man and a nippy bu99er to latch onto the knock-downs. I'll try to keep a speedy impact-sub for later if the defence tires. Horses for courses!

works very well. I guess one factor is the "play down both wings" rather then "mixed" and we will keep the ball quite well (from what i can see) going from the left side to the right, and i have won 7 league titles in a row. AM and DM link well and play some good balls to wingers to get behind their defence so it does pretty good.

• 8 months later...
Simple 4-4-2 work brilliantly for me with my Man Utd team. And both my striker are forwards.

Likewise. I play a player with the attributes of a Forward alongside a player with the attributes of a Striker in a flat front two of equal instructions and they certainly seem to have a good relationship.

Archived