Parent clubs so unrealistic

Suge

My brother and I were playing via network, I was managing Braintree Town, he was Stafford Rangers. Both are poor teams in the conference north/south. Anyway, he managed to get West Brom as his parent team and I got Ipswich. I was a bit apprehensive about linking with Ipswich because I thought no decent players would come to the conference south. I was wrong. I managed to get Bowditch (who scored 37 goals for me that season) and an excellent prospect called Liam Trotter (who bagged 25 goals from midfield), not to mention an excellent Ozzie defender called Ryan McGowan who had a storming season. My brother managed to get a £2m-rated Graham Dorrans (ridiculous considering he would be playing in the 2nd tier of non-league football for a season), Luke Steele (again, ridiculous) and a Polish guy who was excellent. All of the above players were far too good for the standard of these leagues and suffice to say we both tore it up.

So, I was thinking, other teams in this division will try and compete with us and attempt to establish links with bigger clubs to get better players. I was wrong again. Other teams were loaning players from the reserves of Ebbsfleet and Stevenage, who were lacking in quality and consistence. After a while the scores were getting bigger and bigger (topped by a 7-0 win against League One Crewe in the FA Cup) and I had to stop playing. Completely ruined the competition and spoiled the game.

I'm really not a fan of feeder clubs. In real life there's a few top clubs that have overseas feeders, but that's about it. Sure every now and then one lower side will sign two or three players on loan from one particular club, but it's not a permanent feeder relationship. It's just the managers of the two clubs being pally.

In fact, if I remember correctly it's actually against the rules of the FA for a club to have a formal relationship with another from the same country.

You know what you could do though? If it's spoiling your game, cancel the link between you and the parent club. You have the Power!

That kind of defeats the object. It's like saying, c'mon now son, why don't you stop supporting Man Utd and start going to Kidderminster games? The football may be crappier but at least the competition is better. Do you see people who have found the near-post corner bug just stop exploiting it like that? I think not. Once you have found these things you KNOW that it's cheating but it's hard to stop. It's basically up to SI to stop it from happening. We shouldn't have to.

I know about the corner exploit tactic but I rarely if never have implemented it or use it. In real, you do get random young players sent from parent clubs down etc. but not serious level. When I'm the parent club, I send some good youngsters down if I can't loan them out etc.

That kind of defeats the object. It's like saying, c'mon now son, why don't you stop supporting Man Utd and start going to Kidderminster games? The football may be crappier but at least the competition is better. Do you see people who have found the near-post corner bug just stop exploiting it like that? I think not. Once you have found these things you KNOW that it's cheating but it's hard to stop. It's basically up to SI to stop it from happening. We shouldn't have to.

Its not upto SI to stop you from cheating at all.

I know that pack when I had a PS2, I could have gone out and bought an Action Replay and cheat my way through everygame I played. I didn't because it would ruin the experience, same applies here. If you don't want to cheat, then don't.

The problem is, basically, that the parent team ought to be trying to loan the player out to a higher division - the players in this example needed to be lent out to League One or League Two sides, not to the Conference North/South sides they were lent to.

Its not upto SI to stop you from cheating at all.

I know that pack when I had a PS2, I could have gone out and bought an Action Replay and cheat my way through everygame I played. I didn't because it would ruin the experience, same applies here. If you don't want to cheat, then don't.

My point was that it's blatantly a bug IN the game thus AI teams can do it quite easily against you. So, why should I stop knocking balls into the near post if teams are doing it against me? How does that work?

Like someone has already said. I think its good for LL Managers to do this if they have no money. The get quality players and don't have to pay money for them. What's so wrong with that?

I'm all for loaning players to LL clubs, that wasn't my point. I was saying that the quality of the loanees you see in the conference north/south (which is the second tier of NON-League football) in real-life is vastly different from what you get when you have a parent team. The AI quality of loans is spot on but human managers can exploit the parent club system to a ridiculous extent.

Can anyone realistically see Graham Dorrans & Luke Steele moving to Stafford Rangers (who are semi-professional) for a season, IRL?

I know your point and its a valid one, I just don't agree that you couldn't stop if you didn't want to. I don't use the corner cheat even though I know about it, why? Because it would ruin my game. If you feel like you have too much of an advantage by loaning these players, then don't loan them. Is it something SI needs to look at? Yes it is but for now, just don't loan them.

My brother and I were playing via network, I was managing Braintree Town, he was Stafford Rangers. Both are poor teams in the conference north/south. Anyway, he managed to get West Brom as his parent team and I got Ipswich. I was a bit apprehensive about linking with Ipswich because I thought no decent players would come to the conference south. I was wrong. I managed to get Bowditch (who scored 37 goals for me that season) and an excellent prospect called Liam Trotter (who bagged 25 goals from midfield), not to mention an excellent Ozzie defender called Ryan McGowan who had a storming season. My brother managed to get a £2m-rated Graham Dorrans (ridiculous considering he would be playing in the 2nd tier of non-league football for a season), Luke Steele (again, ridiculous) and a Polish guy who was excellent. All of the above players were far too good for the standard of these leagues and suffice to say we both tore it up.

So, I was thinking, other teams in this division will try and compete with us and attempt to establish links with bigger clubs to get better players. I was wrong again. Other teams were loaning players from the reserves of Ebbsfleet and Stevenage, who were lacking in quality and consistence. After a while the scores were getting bigger and bigger (topped by a 7-0 win against League One Crewe in the FA Cup) and I had to stop playing. Completely ruined the competition and spoiled the game.

they come to your club has you have an agreement with the club they play for.

The thing I hated was other teams getting those players. I seriously built team very capable of going for promotion but I got like mid table cause other teams in the Conference North/South were getting players from the Championship that were giving them players that are way too good to be playing at that level.

I know your point and its a valid one, I just don't agree that you couldn't stop if you didn't want to. I don't use the corner cheat even though I know about it, why? Because it would ruin my game. If you feel like you have too much of an advantage by loaning these players, then don't loan them. Is it something SI needs to look at? Yes it is but for now, just don't loan them.

I disagree.

It's easy to say don't use the corner cheat, but what if your corner tactics are producing a slightly above average number of goals? Is that a cheat or is it good tactics? The reason we pay for a game is so we don't have to make these decisions ourselves. Otherwise we might as well just play the game in our imaginations.

That's why I refuse to find out what the corner cheat actually is. I don't want to have to deliberately make my tactics worse.

It's easy to say don't use the corner cheat, but what if your corner tactics are producing a slightly above average number of goals? Is that a cheat or is it good tactics?

That depends on your opinion. Alot of people say that the corner bug isn't a cheat and I have no problem with that but in my opinion, it is. So I don't use it.

out of all the errors in the game u choose to complain about this. if you dont want it then cancel the bloody link ad stop wasting time

Uh, no. I pay my money for FM so I cant vent my feelings about it like everyone else.

Arsenal and Birmingham used to have a parent/feeder club like relationship. They loaned us Larsson, Bendtner and Muamba and give us information on Palacios I believe.

Back to topic, I got a player called Jamie Guy from Colchester when I was Braintree because of the feeder club thing and I found it a useful way to get good youngsters to your team. He is the only player I have ever been able to get in my 4 year game.

Maybe SI do this on purpose, to please the majority of gamers and the majority of gamers are not generally forum members like you and I.

Similar to the exploitable bugs in the unpatched games that keep on popping up seemingly by accident. For example, remember the feeder club bug where you could get loads of them with a few simple clicks? It was apparent in the unpatched game of FM07 and then, although ironed out in 7.01, magically reappeared in FM08. People like these cheats, they add something else to the game, make people feel like they are smarter than a computer possibly? In a totally subconscious manner of course.

Obviously I would need much more substantial evidence to prove such a claim, but I'm not actually slating SI if they are doing this.

Arsenal and Birmingham used to have a parent/feeder club like relationship. They loaned us Larsson, Bendtner and Muamba and give us information on Palacios I believe.

Not a real feeder relationship though. As a Sheff Wed fan, we have had a couple of players on loan from Chelsea - nothing like a feeder. Just a good relationship between managers.

I also think that Wenger offered advice to Bruce about signing Palacios as a friend rather than feeder club relationship.

Archived