Conspiracy!!!

Vane

How come both SI and BGS (CM2009) are both releasing Fifa style 3D match engines with full player animations in the same year? Is everyone going to the same 3D engine classes or something? I think we need to know!!!:)

Vane - its not like its been a secret, in the industry, that SI have been hiring 3D animators and programmers. I imagine if I'd heard that, its easy enough to imagine that BGS had heard it .. or if BGS started first, that SI had heard it about them.

Its surprisingly tough to "steal a march" on somebody in the games industry.

Well the guys at SI will know the guys at BGS but you wouldn't expect loose talk over something which could be a big selling point. Just for clarification, the impressive CM engine is shown on a YouTube teaser video, so we believe, and not an official announcement yet, so I might be a bit premature with my thread.

Edit: To Amaroq: Yeah, I know these things can happen but just thought that it was amusing.

A pig wearing lipstick is still a pig

You sexist jerk! :D

(Aside to non-Americans who might not get the joke - Barack Obama recently derided the Republican party's attempt to re-cast itself as the "maverick party" in the upcoming U.S. election, saying that John McCain's policies weren't much different from incumbent George Bush's by using that phrase. The Republicans launched an ad claiming it was sexism to mention lipstick because McCain's Vice-Presidential running mate is female. I suppose a joke which requires that much explanation is no longer funny .. but SmurfDude's timely use of the phrase made me laugh ;))

(Aside to non-Americans who might not get the joke - Barack Obama recently derided the Republican party's attempt to re-cast itself as the "maverick party" in the upcoming U.S. election, saying that John McCain's policies weren't much different from incumbent George Bush's by using that phrase. The Republicans launched an ad claiming it was sexism to mention lipstick because McCain's Vice-Presidential running mate is female. I suppose a joke which requires that much explanation is no longer funny .. but SmurfDude's timely use of the phrase made me laugh ;))

It made me laugh and I know exactly what he meant, just all the more hilarious that it could be taken two ways! :D

Heh. If you have to explain a joke it's not worth telling in the first place. :D

fm is separated from the original CM but they are the match engine developer.

As far as I remember, Eidos only owned the name Championship Manager, not the code of the game, so the CM match engine today is not based on the CM match engine SI made.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You sexist jerk! :D

Also, it's interesting to note that McCain made the very same comment with reference to Hilary Clinton...

Archived