FM08 with no disk

Hi,

Ive just bought myself an Acer Aspire ONE

its a fantastic little laptop with one flaw, it has no disk drive

is there anyway i can get FM08 to work without needing a disk drive?

ive tried creating an iso image and using a virtual disk drive but it doesnt like me not using the disk

i do have a usb cd/dvd drive but i dont particually want to take that with me whilst im aborad this september

any help would be great

TLHLT

There's no legal way to do this so you'll either have to use some sort of external cd drive or take your machine back and replace it with one that has a dvd\cd drive!

Get the digital download. Not a lot of money and you'll be happy. Maybe SI will cut you a break if you can authenticate your disk purchase with them?

And drive-less laptops are awesome. Can't wait 'till drives are gone for good.

you could buy the digital download and play the game with no CD rom

but you could also buy something like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EXTERNAL-USB-DVD-RW-DUAL-LAYER-DRIVE-FOR-ALL-LAPTOP_W0QQitemZ160276441137QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item160276441137&_trkparms=72%3A984|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1308&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

this would probably be better, although it is more expensive than the download, you probably have more CD's than just FM

there are ways to mount the CD and although you have purchased a license to run FM08 it is an off topic debate for this thread and i wont tell you what you need to do ;)

There's a couple laptops that have cd/dvd drives that seperate from the rest of the unit, those are snazzy. Also the OP has said he has a USB cd/dvd drive so people can stop telling him he could buy one. Unless you want to pay for the game again (steam) you're just going to have to use your usb drive.

Might be a silly question but let's risk it !

Is using an emulator like Daemon Tools in such a case (CD bought in store for personal use only) legal ?

This question have been asked on a french forum I'm moderating and I really don't know what to answer.

Obviously, the easier way to play on netbooks or other small laptops is to buy the game online but what if it's too late already ?

External drive aren't really handy but if it's the only other legal solution ...

Might be a silly question but let's risk it !

Is using an emulator like Daemon Tools in such a case (CD bought in store for personal use only) legal ?

This question have been asked on a french forum I'm moderating and I really don't know what to answer.

Obviously, the easier way to play on netbooks or other small laptops is to buy the game online but what if it's too late already ?

External drive aren't really handy but if it's the only other legal solution ...

Don't know myself about the legality of it although I have vague memories of someone posting here that it was illegal.

As for using Daemon when you install FM it installs with Securom which has a blacklist of programs it can discover are running and pop up the 'please insert original disc' message. But the patch may be bypassing this as prior to patching I'd get that message if I had Process Explorer running and started FM. It could just be that Process Explorer was removed from the blacklist though.

Archived