Demanding money. Whatta...?

Aye seen this several times now, Shevchenko is a prime example of this for me, offloaded him in both of the 2 times I played as Chelsea manager, he just wouldn't accept any less than the extortionate amount he was already being paid

I wish it happened more often. I have a guy in my reserves at the moment continually turning down moves to other clubs because they're not offering him enough wages. If only he'd ask, I could cut about £10k from my wage bill, gain £2.5m to spend in the transfer market and he could have first team football!

I didn't see this until I was messing around with an Everton team 40 years into the future that had a $500m transfer budget and was the richest team in Europe. This happens in baseball quite often when a team really wants to get rid of a player (Boston-Manny Ramirez).

I wish it happened more often. I have a guy in my reserves at the moment continually turning down moves to other clubs because they're not offering him enough wages. If only he'd ask, I could cut about £10k from my wage bill, gain £2.5m to spend in the transfer market and he could have first team football!

Ditto.

Maybe that particular refusal to move e-mail should be a respondable-to message, with two options:

1. Offer to pay the difference in salary (X p/w) through the end of the player's current contract (Date, Year).

2. Cancel the transfer.

If you select #1, the player might *still* refuse, but he'd at least have to cite a different reason. "Refuses to move to Lower Slobakistan regardless of the salary." ;)

Archived