rangers spl

anyone ever won the spl with rangers in there first season? im too rubbish to do it and just wondering if it was possible. let me know a bit about it? cheers

i manage to buy arshavin all the time but i still lose loads

yeah ive won the SPL lots of time in the first season but a new right back and play boydy and cousin up front

Yes, i done the treble aswell, get some good tatcics (i play 4-2-3-1), then what i did was offload quite a few players etc cousin etc, and bought the likes of paitti, kolouba, samba in etc.

tbh i found the spl quite easy as rangers, apart from maybe celtic away can be quite hard, Europe so far has been extremley difficult so far though.

omg! the treble! i am teeeerrrible at fm. are you sure cousins wise? his stats look pants?

I use to be awful at FM, (still am in some leagues - its just the SPL is not that had when your either celtic or rangers imo) but i spent a good few hours reading threads from the tatics fourm, which helped alot, there is some really useful information in there.

Cousins - sorry i meant off-load him, although he will score quite a few in the spl.

Never been the huns on single player on fm 08 but have won league with them in my first season when i played a network game with a freind who is a celtic fan. On fm 07 i remember I went to them from crystal palace won the league a few times even champions league though for some reason on that game like every scandiavian regen was cheap but turned out ammense so once i had players wasn't to hard.

With Hibs in my current fm game finished second last season and am currently sitting second again this season. Problem i have is celtic are spending like 20 mill+ a season.

well once you find out the right tactics and who you can sell *cough* charlie adam *cough* beasly ;) you can get quite a bit for them and then buy in some good players. Dont give up though. If im not mistaking the board want the title within two years. You can do it

I play very attacking football with rangers and i won the first season, now its 7 seasons in a row. Celtic suck, even though they had heaps more money at the start of the game.

Play Darcheville in the first season, his pace is good, got me 35 goals in 1st season

I've won the spl with Rangers but interestingly I can never manage to beat Celtic no matter what tactic\team personel I use. The same thing happens when I manage Celtic as they can never beat Rangers. Something suspicious going on if you ask me!;)

well i won the league with rangers first season playing a very defensivly sound tactic but progressed no where in europe. On the other hand i win quite easily with nice attacking football as celtic and progress fairly far in uefa cup. And i am an Aberdeen fan so no bias :)

I play very attacking football with rangers and i won the first season, now its 7 seasons in a row. Celtic suck, even though they had heaps more money at the start of the game.

Play Darcheville in the first season, his pace is good, got me 35 goals in 1st season

Yeah I've done 7 in a row with Celtic and Rangers have got progressively worse over the years, to the extent that they finished 3rd behind Hearts one season. I have spent quite a bit on new signings over the years but they haven't really splashed out at all to rival me and have just gone downhill. Obviously I don't mind lol but just wondering if this happens the other way around?

Yeah I've done 7 in a row with Celtic and Rangers have got progressively worse over the years, to the extent that they finished 3rd behind Hearts one season. I have spent quite a bit on new signings over the years but they haven't really splashed out at all to rival me and have just gone downhill. Obviously I don't mind lol but just wondering if this happens the other way around?

Celtic had the money and some good players over the years but just couldnt win, they now have Martin O'Neil and no player over 5 million pounds. There squad revolves around 3-5 good players then just reserves really, its dissapointing. They still come 2nd every season but past few season have fell way behind, eg. 15+ points behind me. Think Hibs will take over, they do better in the transfer market than Celtic.

And about Rangers and the SPL, its easy to win the SPL with them, turning them into a European power house takes a bit longer, 3+ seasons. Im now in the 1st seed or whatever for the group stage and last season all three players won the top scorer in Europe from the SPL. haha, how realistic.

Archived