Creating yourself....

Good evening folks, just a quick debate, im thinking of starting a game in the Blue Square and creating myself as a Central Midfielder with the best stats possible and building the team around myself. Would you class this cheating?

Also how hard do you think it will be to keep hold of myself? Presuming the big clubs are interested, would the likelyhood be my chairman accepts a bid on my behalf?

Cheating, yes but it's your game, play how you want. What I would personally do is create myself with 0 for every stats except for PA and CA (and positions obviously). I'd probably set my CA at an average level for Blue Square and put my PA to -10.

Cheating, yes but it's your game, play how you want. What I would personally do is create myself with 0 for every stats except for PA and CA (and positions obviously). I'd probably set my CA at an average level for Blue Square and put my PA to -10.

lol

Well creating yourself is fun. I had a saved game where i had my whole class on it, but i got bored them.

-10 PA I'd be surprised if he lasted more than a season before a bigger club came knocking.

Also how hard do you think it will be to keep hold of myself? Presuming the big clubs are interested, would the likelyhood be my chairman accepts a bid on my behalf?

:D

-10 PA I'd be surprised if he lasted more than a season before a bigger club came knocking.

:D

To be honest, I think that if he edited some other stats like loyalty, ambition, disliked clubs he may get away with it.

I have done this in a game, he started off young and then became a goal machine but with many stats at 0 so they were random. If you make their ambition 1, professionalism and loyality and the others 20 then he wont leave.

I rekon it fun if you can get a balanced player, try and base your stats on a wonder kid, eg Saivet, then watch him grow.

On CM97/98, I created my Sunday league team and put us all in it and put the team in the English Division Three (now League Two). I tried to be as honest as I could with stats in that I had to make them competitive for the level without making everyone a superstar.

Still, it wasn't long before everyone was jumping ship. I remember selling myself to Tranmere Rovers!

I've done it before, but when I was younger, it just doesn't feel right anymore and does feel like cheating. Neji is right though, you play the game however you want to play it.

I managed to keep myself at Ranger for my entire career back on CM 01/02 despite having a PA and CA of 200, I just set all the big clubs as disliked in my personnel section lol.

I have once created a Liverpool game with The Beatles as star players for Liverpool. It was class. And they played for Liverpool for 7 seasons but I got bored because I made them so good that I won everything. Ringo was my GK, George Harrison was my DM, McCartney was my left winger (him being left handed) and John Lennon was the new Diego Maradona, very high controversy hehehe.

Their loyalty was 20 and their ambition was 14, which was enough to keep them at the club. And of course their favourite club was Liverpool with the most points possible.

How on earth do you create yourself on Football Manager? Do you need some special software? Please tell me how!?

There is a pre-game editor included with the game. It should be in your start menu below your fm2008 shortcut.

OR in...

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008

And it an exe called "data editor.exe"

Neji (Nemeth Jihad? - every post I refer to from you, I'll guess :D ) - IIRC, there was also the option to put some coding in to an .xml file so that you would be born into the game as a regen, and a random date, random club etc etc.

Talking about this? I remember the thread this came from quite well.

And no, not Nemeth Jihad.

I have no idea. I never used it, I just remembered the thread so I was able to do a search for it. I would imagine it would work for FM08 but I'm just speculating. Unfortunately, the link that KRS posted is dead.

And, no.

I have no idea. I never used it, I just remembered the thread so I was able to do a search for it. I would imagine it would work for FM08 but I'm just speculating. Unfortunately, the link that KRS posted is dead.

And, no.

Ok thanks for your help Ned Jimison?

Is Ne / Ji even then first two letters of each name ? :)

I agree with Nep. Its the second time we've done this.

I always like the idea of creating myself but find it unrealistic because I'm also managing and I don't like the thought of pretending to be someone else managing.

I've personally never created myself as player in the game and I don't think I ever would, not for a serious game anyways. I do enjoy playing football and follow it like it's my religion, but I would never imagine myself as a player but rather a manager and which is why I love football manager games. Although I am tempted at times to create myself for a laugh and see how far I can make it in the game.

Ah well, back to managing for me.

Nah I never make myself either on FM. I do it on PES though, because on PES you can play with only 1 player for the entire match (for years, whereas EA sports with FIFA presented it this year as being a new revolutionary feature in football games, sigh), so it actually feels like you're participating in the match in a way.

Nah I never make myself either on FM. I do it on PES though, because on PES you can play with only 1 player for the entire match (for years, whereas EA sports with FIFA presented it this year as being a new revolutionary feature in football games, sigh), so it actually feels like you're participating in the match in a way.

Are you sure about that?

Are you sure about that?

Yeah, what you do is while playing a match you press start, then you go to the player settings menu, and there you put the cursor on "fixed", meaning that the cursor doesn't change players. Then you get a pop-up menu in which you can select the player you want to play with. There you go! After you've done that once, you already get the player selection pop-up menu before the start of the match.

It is a bit of a hidden feature as it is not explained in the manual and I found it out by accident when I wanted to change the speed of the cursor. So it comes as no surprise that a lot of people do not know about this feature, perhaps even EA didn't know PES had this feature, but that is debatable since many of the current FIFA-programmers are ex-PES programmers. However, if Konami would have marketed this feature, I don't think many people would've bought the current FIFA, since EA really used this feature to promote FIFA08 while PES has had it for years.

It almost sounds as if Konami doesn't know how good their games are.

EDIT: Only difference between the FIFA and the PES version of this feature is that in FIFA you get hints and stuff. On PES you're basically on your own. Cool part about the PES version though is that you can ask for the ball and that actually works.

Good stuff. Can you have player cam though? I used to love Libero Grande which was a game based on being one player. It was a brilliant game, by Namco I think, thats why I was so excited when I heard FIFA had done it.

Yeah, what you do is while playing a match you press start, then you go to the player settings menu, and there you put the cursor on "fixed", meaning that the cursor doesn't change players. Then you get a pop-up menu in which you can select the player you want to play with. There you go! After you've done that once, you already get the player selection pop-up menu before the start of the match.

It is a bit of a hidden feature as it is not explained in the manual and I found it out by accident when I wanted to change the speed of the cursor. So it comes as no surprise that a lot of people do not know about this feature, perhaps even EA didn't know PES had this feature, but that is debatable since many of the current FIFA-programmers are ex-PES programmers. However, if Konami would have marketed this feature, I don't think many people would've bought the current FIFA, since EA really used this feature to promote FIFA08 while PES has had it for years.

It almost sounds as if Konami doesn't know how good their games are.

EDIT: Only difference between the FIFA and the PES version of this feature is that in FIFA you get hints and stuff. On PES you're basically on your own. Cool part about the PES version though is that you can ask for the ball and that actually works.

Sorry to keep this thread off topic, but I tried this with my PES 4 last night (my most recent PES game haha, cant wait to get the new one! :D) Anyway it is awesome and thanks for the tip, but how do you ask for the ball? Stupid strikers get to the edge of the box and just hit it!

Neji - Yes you can have a player camera. You have to buy it in the PES shop but it's not very easy to see as you can only see in front of you. I remember Libero Grande too which was awesome. My favourite player to be was Rivaldo ;).

EDIT: R2 is call for the ball bl0u

Neji - Yes you can have a player camera. You have to buy it in the PES shop but it's not very easy to see as you can only see in front of you. I remember Libero Grande too which was awesome. My favourite player to be was Rivaldo ;).

EDIT: R2 is call for the ball bl0u

Thanks for the quick reply.

In an attempt to get this thread back to its original meaning, here I go:

I finally tried my hand at the editor, but I simply can't seem to get myself a proper version. What kind of stats do you give yourself? I tend to overclass myself, so I'm not all that fun to play with (did I really say that?), since I'm generally too good to compete with.

Making myself of a lower class still means I know with what kind of stats I end up with, so you're basically building a team around yourself. Or at least, I would.

At least with your kid (if you ever get one) it is fun to see, since he's 'unknown'. If I ever find one, I'd never look at his stats with an editor, just to keep my fantasy up and hoping for the better ;-)

So, in the end, I looked at myself in my game, snickered, then decided to load my own save again. So much for a sidestep with myself.

Archived