When you are offered a new contract do you negotiate a higher wage?

I am now the highest earner at Arsenal with a weekly wage of 87k, I was offered 82k (same as previous contract) and after seemingly 10 rounds of me lowering 1k at a time from 100k per week the board wouldn't give me anything more than 87k.

Just wondering who plays as realistic as possible since fm wages don't do anything.

FM wages do something.

A) Job security - High wages means less chance of being fired, low wages means easy firing when things go bad.

B) Job offers - High wages mean less chance of getting jobs as clubs have to pay compensation.

FWIW I always accept whats offered, I don't negotiate up or down.

i start with lower teams such as Dover and Police Service of Northern Ireland where obviously money is tight so I take a very very low wage considering that our budget has been 1500 or less and i needed to change the teams completely to get rid of the deadwood and bring in the best players possible to ensure promotions. For dover it worked and im on 110k and its still early days for P.S.N.I but we do lead the table unbeaten 1/2 through the season

I have always accepted what I get offered. Haven't even thought much about negotiating it higher, might give it a try some time. Currently on £66,000 p/w at Arsenal with another 2,5 years left. Think they will offer me a new at the end of next season so might see how high they are willing to go. :D

I always accept whats offered, but if i could, i would lower it if it was a small club. Im trying to save money for the club so why do i care about artificial money?

I'm the same way, I always wish I could lower my wages. I hate thinking about my wages coming out of the clubs finances. I almost have as much fun making money with a club as I do managing it.

I had my contract renewed with Crewe this season I was on £39,000 a week but after a fantastic season I wanted £100,000. The board had offered £70,000 in the end we settled on £85,000 a week making me the highest paid employee of the club, exactly the way it should be.

I always accept whats offered, but if i could, i would lower it if it was a small club. Im trying to save money for the club so why do i care about artificial money?

This. It's too bad you can't do this in the game. I've done it with players in the past, lowering their wages if they were willing in order to get the club finances to work. Too bad as a manager, you cannot ask the board to have a lower wage in order to ease the financial strains on the club.

Archived