Does Anyone Else Take Their Coaching Team Everywhere?

Hey

Whenever i start a new game i immediately take the time to terminate the whole boardroom staff and employ my own team. Then whenever i move on i try my best to take them with me.

Does anyone else like the security of having the same Backroom staff or even just a persistent Assistant Manager wherever you go?

Hey

Whenever i start a new game i immediately take the time to terminate the whole boardroom staff and employ my own team. Then whenever i move on i try my best to take them with me.

Does anyone else like the security of having the same Backroom staff or even just a persistent Assistant Manager wherever you go?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D-Wight:

I Can understand that but that could mean you have to wait for up to three years to replace some people </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

C'est la vie in the lower leagues icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D-Wight:

I Can understand that but that could mean you have to wait for up to three years to replace some people </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

C'est la vie in the lower leagues icon14.gif

I'm the exact opposite.

I always leave the current staff in place until I see what they can do. My philosophy is always "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Plus, I find it extremely unrealistic to fire a whole staff "just because."

I go into the database and set up a top class coaching team. Because I'm disappointed at the general standard of coaches in this new version of FM. It's like they wouldn't be able to get a job tying shoe-laces in real life.

And yes, I have the Arsenal legends as coaches nearly always. Bergkamp, Adams, Keown etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Toon07:

I don't employ the same backroom staff every time I change clubs, but I do generally just sack the rubbish ones at the club I've moved to and look for some cheapish top-class coaches, scouts etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here, out with the deadwood and in with the cheap replacements. You can save the club a lot of money by bringing in the cheap coaches and most of the time they do a better job if you've sussed out their attributes and bought wisely.

I usually bring in my own staff at the start of the game, to replace any poor coaches who start at the club. Then if I ever leave the club myself my coaches normally leave as well so I can pick them up when I get a new job.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ZlatanFollower:

i've never moved clubs (Liverpool is all i need icon_biggrin.gif) but if i did go i would take my assman and my world class coaches with me and gert rid of the bad ones at my new club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You absolutely should. Losing Paco was the beginning of the end for Rafa.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ZlatanFollower:

i've never moved clubs (Liverpool is all i need icon_biggrin.gif) but if i did go i would take my assman and my world class coaches with me and gert rid of the bad ones at my new club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You absolutely should. Losing Paco was the beginning of the end for Rafa. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My assman never comes with me when I move clubs. icon_frown.gif

I try my best to take some of them. When I move clubs, I sack the useless ones and try to replace them with some guys I've worked with before. When I get a good AM, I always try to take him with me - but it rarely works out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> i never really change clubs much so i dont but...

does anyone do this with players? maybe you had a player from 16 at one club, moved and signed him again to contnue his training? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only with my 3-4 favourates but it's hard to buy a young player what you thought would benifit you as a "bargin" because the value rises.

ANd my Backroom staff always plus a few of my new clubs good ones

Archived