Quick Question- Who do you get rid off when you join a club?

When you guys join a new club (ie. Start a save)

Which youth players do you let go? and why? The ones with the least potential? Why not just keep them and sell them off in a couple years?

I generally take a look at the team.. decide a tactics and then load off players that either dont fit the tactics, arent good enough or are surplus (e.g. 3 DL in first team, I sell off one of them)

Also of course if I bring in a better player to a specific position I often sell the one I had playing in that position before

With youth players I let go the players who are obviously not going to make it, normally they have a particular attribute that's really low, one which is essential to their position and which no amount of training will help improve.

The rest I wait an season to see how they develop.

First thing to do is getting rid of the useless staff: youth coaches with low youth training attributes,crappy scouts,crappy coaches and unnecessary physios(some teams have like 7 or 8 O_O).

Then i look at the first team and put as useless-transfer list the worse players or the ones that don't fit for my tactic.

As for the youth team,the only thing you can do is look at them 1 per 1 and get rid of the worse players.By worse i mean older and with lower attributes,and by general rule i keep no more than 24-25 youth players.

I always start as a lower league team, so it can initially be hard to rid myself of anyone.

When i play as Bath, the team in itself is ok, but the whole wage budget is tied up in old players, getting £500-£600/week ... and releasing them on a free, is just too damned expensive. But I keep them around, and try to sell them in winter, and if I can't sell them, their contracts usually only run after one year. Then I let them go, and find much better players in the second season at half the wage demand :)

The youth team basically sucks, but I keep the players to fill out the team, and maybe find a few released youngsters who can play there.

Usualy most of the youth team is ****-poor, but unless I've more than enough cash to afford all the release fees, I keep all the players around despite them being awful... Their contracts will run up soon and I don't care much about the youth team until I'm bringing in actual prospects.

I try to get rid of all the deadwood when i join but it can be really hard to offload players at the start of the game and the ones that "just arrived" before you get there won't leave even if they are useless, so on the first season i normally try to work with what i have, on the start of the second season hopefully all the useless players are gone and you start to have a squad that is truly yours.

Assmanager usually goes first. Depending on his JCA/PA abilities. I'd rather be able to glance at his reports that are 'accurate' rather than get the wrong info.

Youth players then go quite quickly. I play LLM so if they can't cut it in the first team at 18 by then, chances are they won't ever make it. Some exceptions though.

I stick with most rubbish players because the release fees are enough to bankrupt the club sometimes... There's a keeper at Hampton who is miles behind in ability. You can pick up a quality keeper on £50 a week but this particular bloke will end up eating £200 a week as a backup... Meh! O_o

Usually the moves I make are with the staff, not the players. I give the players a season to prove themselves to me. I've got a soft spot for youth players; even if they don't make it here I want them to make it somewhere, so I try to keep a hold of them for as long as possible.

Archived