My guide to teams in the English Championship and how to improve them

As some will know from my initial post in the general Championship thread, I'm a massive fan of playing Championship teams in the Football Manager series. While my particular choice is always the team I support, Norwich City FC I have often been known to resign my career game to take on a struggling Championship side.

In the Championship, you have the choice of playing a variety of sides. You've got the filthy stinking rich clubs capable of signing top quality names. You've got the shoestring budget clubs with high expectations. You've got the sleeping giants who need massive restructuring. And this is just a small selection of the types of clubs that you've got at your disposal. Each and every club is different, so I propose to start this guide by taking a look at them, their strengths and weaknesses.

Barnsley

A side very capable of beating the job, with ambitious managers looking to achieve a solid mid table position.

Strengths: A quick striker in Keigan Parker. Pace is a great asset in this division, and Parker ranks up there amongst the quickest.

Weaknesses: Blackpool could use a good goalkeeper to really secure the back four.

Bristol City

Bristol have a very strong squad, and I think their's potential there to push for a play off position, if the right acquisitions are made.

Strengths: A central midfield of Lee Johnson and Marvin Elliot is a superb core to work around.

Weaknesses: Lacking that class central defender that won't make mistakes.

Burnley

Burnley have a team composed of players with Premiership experience. and in my view a talented manager could reach the play offs. Mid table is perhaps more realistic.

Strengths: In my view, the most composed defence going in Carlisle and Caldwell. A duo that won't conceed many under the right instructions.

Weaknesses: With the loss of Andy Gray, a class striker would really finish this squad off nicely, especially if he can form a great partnership with Lafferty.

Cardiff

One of the teams with high expectations on a small budget, Cardiff have a superb youth facility and some real gems in their squad.

Strengths: The wide men are crucial to success for Cardiff, with Joe Ledley really acting as the play maker.

Weaknesses: The strike force could use a bit of pace with lots of aging, tall, slow strikers.

Charlton

Recently relegated Charlton should have just one thing on their mind - promotion. And in my opinion they have a very well rounded squad with which to do it.

Strengths: Strength in depth. Charlton have managed to keep most of their stars and in my view have a great squad.

Weaknesses: A creative midfielder to replace Andy Reid would really make this squad perfect. Perhaps someone who can sit back and allow Zheng Zhi the freedom to get forward.

Colchester

Having lost successful trio Cureton, Iwelumo and Garcia, Colchester really need to be rebuilt from the down up, and should aim to keep their Championship status.

Strengths: Varied strike force. With Sheringham, Platt and Lisbie, Colchester have three very different strikers useful for different situations.

Weaknesses: The midfield needs steel.

Coventry

With a new Chairman and a bit of cash behind them, Coventry represent one of those sleeping giants on the verge of waking up. A lower mid to mid table finish is the aim with a march up the table in the following seasons.

Strengths: Mifsud is one of the best Championship strikers going, with an eye for goal and lethal pace.

Weaknesses: Coventry really could use a decent partner for Mifsud and some wingers to supply the ammo.

Crystal Palace

Palace are a side who have a Premiership-class nucleus to build around. With time, wise signings and correct tactics, they can become a force in the Premiership, let a lone the Championship.

Strengths: An embarrassment of riches in midfield. In Ben Watson, Tom Soares and Carl Fletcher they have a great central midfield selection. And the wingers aren't so bad either, with Scannell a real star for the future.

Weaknesses: Really could use to strengthen the central defense.

Hull

A team on the rise, Hull are a side who have got a lot going for them, including a rich chairman and some very nice players.

Strengths: Goalkeeper. Bohill is Premiership quality, and is easily Hull's greatest asset.

Weaknesses: The central midfield really needs a touch of quality in it. Someone that can thread those through balls to the strikers.

Ipswich

A team with money to burn, Ipswich really are an excellent choice for those looking for a team who can make big money signings.

Strengths: Cash! And lots of it. Plus a very good youth system.

Weaknesses: Defence. Ipswich need a defender who can shore them up and keep them organised, preferably with a bit of pace.

Leicester

A team in need of an overhall from the ground up, Leicester are a side with decent ambitions, a decent set up and a chairman willing to spend.

Strengths: Some very talented youngsters coming through the squad alongside some capable Championship players.

Weaknesses: The wingers really need replacing.

Norwich

Norwich are another side like Leicester; a decent enough set up with a decent amount of money to spend. However, the playing squad is lacking any real quality and needs a great deal of change to make them a force. But it is possible.

Strengths: A strong nucleus with Marshall, Shackell, Russell and Cureton - all able to do a very good job in the Championship.

Weaknesses: A lack of depth. The squad is very thin and injuries to the above can be fatal.

Plymouth

Plymouth are a team with some very strong individuals; however, they don't have a lot of cash with which to spend in order to remedy some of the weaker elements. So it's a case of keeping the current squad together while bolting on improvements as and when you can. A very attractive prospect for a long term game.

Strengths: The two Hungarians - Seip and Halmosi. Both are Premiership class and will serve Plymouth well.

Weaknesses: The loss of some key players (Ebanks Blake, Buzasky and Norris) is a big blow that Plymouth must recover from. Replacements need to be found in order for Plymouth to mount any serious promotion hopes.

Preston

A sleeping giant of a team, Preston start with a squad with a very good nucleus waiting for you. What I think they do need, however, is that injection of pace. It seems the entire team is just a bit slow with Simon Whaley the only exception to this.

Strengths: The defence is superb with Youl Mawene in particular one of the Championship's best defenders.

Weaknesses: Pace. As mentioned earlier, the team is bereft of it, and I think a bit more would make the team substantially more successful.

QPR

Once upon a time, they were the minnows of the Championship, doing well to stay in the division. Now they're loaded and the world's their oyster!

Strengths: Money! Far richer than even Ipswich, QPR really do offer a team with buckets of cash.

Weaknesses: Strikers. Rowan Vine is decentish, but really with all the cash QPR have at their disposal they can do far better.

Scunthorpe

This represents one of the Championship's more difficult challenges. With very little money to spend and a side with a decent enough defence but poor midfield and strike force, Scunthorpe managers may well need to sacrifice one of the best Championship keepers in order to raise the cash to bolster the midfield and strike force.

Strengths: Joe Murphy. This keeper is the most underrated in the Championship, and easily as good as any else.

Weaknesses: Strike force. Scunthorpe really need a player who'll bang in the goals alongside Martin Paterson. Without a lot of cash to splash, though, it may well be a loan signing to the rescue.

Sheffield Utd

With the strongest all round squad in the division IMO, Sheffield Utd have a lot going for them. They even get a bit of cash to spend in making improvements - but not an awful lot. This is a team that should be aiming for promotion and achieving it.

Strengths: Strikers. Utd have a plethora of strikers that each do something different well. Watch out for Billy Sharp, who even in his weakened state in 8.02 is still a major threat.

Weaknesses: Central defence. In my view, the central defence isn't really as good as it could be. While you could still achieve without buying a new central defender, I'd be tempted to bolt one on.

Sheffield Wednesday

The blue and white half of Sheffield, Wednesday are a sleeping giant in terms of the gate they can attract, the stadium they play at some talented players breaking through their ranks. However, with no cash and a small squad, they really do need a thrifty hand at the helm.

Strengths: Young defenders. Mark Beevers and Tommy Spur if held on to will be Wednesday's first choice center backs for a number of seasons to come and may even do it for them in the Premiership.

Weaknesses: Goalkeeper. Wednesday need a decent keeper; it's their one big flaw and needs to be rectified.

Southampton

Another sleeping giant, Southampton have the best youth academy in the division. When playing other teams, I always keep a watch on it - they're guarenteed to get a gem sometime.

Strengths: Youth. Southampton have a great, young team that will get better and better - if they can hold on to them. A great long term game.

Weaknesses: The Saints are unfortunately broke. Any manager may well have to feed off scraps in order to build a promotion winning team.

Stoke

Stoke are a team with a lot of big strong players who play a very effective physical game. Promotion is a very realistic possibility if they can find a player or two with the ability to play good football to compliment these big strong players.

Strengths: A very strong squad capabe of dominating teams. Also a very good striker in Ricardo Fuller.

Weaknesses: Really need a talented play maker to just start things flowing.

Watford

Watford and Stoke are quite a like - two big, brutal teams capable of really dominating anyone. However, Watford fresh with Premiership money behind them, have that bit of an edge over Stoke, as they already have some classy players able to play in that play maker role.

Strengths: Bucket loads of strength complimented with some talented players like Jobi McAnuff and Tommy Smith able to create chances.

Weaknesses: Need a goal scoring striker to replace Marlon King.

West Brom

West Brom are the antithesis of Watford and Stoke, a team really capable of playing fast, flowing one touch football. If you're after a team who plays pretty football, they really are the team for you.

Strengths: Wingers. In Zoltan Gera and Chris Brunt with James Morrison and Jonathon Greening also in the squad, West Brom really do have an abundance of excellent wingers. They have a top quality strike force in Miller and Bednar too.

Weaknesses: The central midfield area really could use a bit more depth to it.

Wolves

Another team with a bit of cas to splash, Wolves have got in Hennessy and Murray two of (if not the) best goalkeepers in the Championship. If they can find a bit more strength down the middle, their is no reason why they can't push for promotion.

Strengths: A very strong attacking presence with Eastwood, Elliot, Bothroyd, Kightly, Keogh, Jarvis and Edwards all very, very good in this division.

Weaknesses: A new central defender is paramount to this team. Get someone solid in, and you could be on to a winner.

How to Build a Successful Championship Team

So, with the teams identified it's time to get involved and choose your team. Made your selection? Great!

But how do you go about building a successful Championship side? Well, my strategy is simply and has won me promotion with every side I've every played with within three seasons. However, the down side to my strategy is it doesn't really work in the Premiership.

In my opinion, in the Premiership, the best of the best are teams that can do everything. They can be physically dominant, fast and pacey, expert passers and clinical finishers. In the Championship, to do that is simply too much for most of the teams on a limtied budget. Therefore, in the Championship I look for players who are excellent in one of the above and build my squad around that particular attribute. I then create my tactic to particularly exploit this strength.

As Norwich City, for example, I always buy players who can pass at least to the rating of 13. That way, I aim to get the ball down and play it around the wings. However, in my Scunthorpe game I decided to go for hard tacklers with great concentration and composure, going for draws rather than wins to secure the club's Championship status.

That's not to say there can't be exceptions - with my Norwich City side, I would buy one hard tackler (usually a DM) to give the side a bit of steel. However, I generally follow my rule.

Another advantage to this idea is that it really is good fun - finding someone who fits your rule and doggedly chasing them until you get them is quite an enjoyable experience.However, how you choose to set up your Championship side is up to you. I'm not advocating my way described above as the very best way. I'm simply saying it's one way that's been very successful for me. Feel free in response to describe how you go about building your Championship side - I'd love to hear it.

Potential Targets

I will here offer three targets for each position (if I'm able!) - one for the "rich" clubs of the division, one for the broke clubs and finally someone to keep in mind who can do a particular job if you're following my suggestion above.

Goalkeepers

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> David Marshall, Norwich: For the wealthier teams, Marshall represents a young keeper who is already a leading Championship keeper and will develop into a capable Premiership keeper. However, he will cost a bit of cash and is unable from the start

<LI>Aleksandrs Kolin'ko, Unattached: Available on a free at the start, Kolin'ko would be a great lower Champ keeper or back up keeper for the bigger teams.

<LI>Wayne Hennessy, Wolves: My one to keep in mind, Hennessy is a young keeper with the ability to develop into a really top Premiership keeper. Why keep him in mind? Because with Murray often taking the berth as Wolves no. 1, it is possible to unsettle Hennessy and get him on the cheap.

Full Backs

<LI>Chris Gunter, Tottenham: The young full back from Spurs won't go to everyone in the division and has a high wage demand, but he's a brilliant young full back if you can get him.

<LI>Daniel Van Zanten, St Mirren: His stats are very impressive and I found him to be very consistent. Will chip in with a few assists and available for £85k.

<LI>Jean-Joel Perrier-Doumbe, Celtic: Often released from Celtic early in the first season and can play on both flanks, Doumbe fits in very well with anyone building a strong team full of stamina.

Center Backs

<LI>Jay De Merit, Watford: Available for a cool £3mil, De Merit offers a commanding presence at the back who won't let you down. Ever.

<LI>Brian McLean, Motherwell: I bought this chap for Norwich for just £250k and he rewarded with me 12 goals throughout the season. He's a great threat in set pieces and also useful to mark your opponent's strong striker.

<LI>David Weir, Rangers: A bit of a strange one to recommend, but Weir is another who often gets released and can do a brilliant job for anyone in this division and on the cheap too. Not one for the future, though.

Wingers

<LI>Joe Ledley, Cardiff: One of my favourite players in this division. Ledley is a Premiership player waiting to blossom, and although a bit on the expensive side, worth every penny in my view.

<LI>Lubos Kalouda, Brno: I stumbled on this guy when searching a few U21 sides, but I understand he's well known. Still a top find, and can be bought for £350k. Will score 7-12 goals with free kicks alone.

<LI>Jonathon Walters, Ipswich: It's really hard to find strong wingers, but Walters fits the bill perfectly. Also worth a shout is Roy O'Donovan if you're building around pace.

Defensive Midfielders

<LI>Marvin Elliot, Bristol City: A very impressive defensive midfielder, Elliot quickly becomes one of the division's best defensive midfielders. In one of my games he was snapped up by Man City in the second season for £2.5mil.

<LI>James Fowler, Kilmarnock: Available for £300k, Fowler can tackle and pass a ball and is perfect for anyone looking for that multi talented kind of player to link play together.

<LI>Seth Johnson, Unattached: I signed this lad on a free for Scunthorpe and he did fantastically well in defensive midfield. I'd recommend him to any team with little cash.

Strikers

<LI>Fatih Tekke, Zenit St Petersburg: Here's a player that'll cost you a few quid, but is a top quality player if you can get him. He'll easily score you 20/30 goals a season.

<LI>Ched Evans, Man City: Available on loan with a very small wage, Evans is the sort of player who'll score three in one game then won't score at all the next game. Well worth having, though, as when he plays well he'll win the game alone - and if you're rich enough will join on a permenant.

<LI>Nathan Tyson, Nottingham Forest: Tyson's strength is his speed, and he was my first purchase for my Plymouth side I was building around speed (although this was pre-8.02 and I still had Ebanks Blake).

Honourable mentions should also go to a few players I've found I really like. Russell Duncan from Inverness is available at just £100k and is worth every penny at DM. Kevin McCann from Hibs is a bit more expensive, but a superb right back should you need one. Nicolas Fauverge is the sort of striker who'll score and provide using his height and strength. Djibril Diawara is a freebie available at the start and is excellent in set pieces as a right back and center back. Peter Clarke from Southend is a great up and coming center half and well worth a look at £450k. Freddy Eastwood is a great player to poach if Wolves get relegated (which they did on my game) and Stephen McPhail will get you the assists for any decent striker. Richard Hughes quickly gets bored of reserve football at Portsmouth and is a cracking DM loan. Final honourable mention must go to Stephen Caldwell of Burnley, a commanding center back who'll cost £1mil.

I hope this guide has been useful to you if you're a current Championship manager, or inspired you to start as a team in the Championship. Trust me when I say it's a lot of fun, with a variety of challenges. Let me know how you get on if you do start one using some of the suggestions above.

Forgot to comment on Blackpool:

Blackpool

Recently promoted Blackpool should look to secure their Championship safety.

Strengths: A very quick striker in Keigan Parker. Pace is a great asset in this division, and Parker ranks up there amongst the quickest.

Weaknesses: Blackpool could use a good goalkeeper to really secure the back four.

Originally posted by LincolnCanary:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joeyt:

Fanatastic thread, it must have taken you ages to do it.

And was particularly frustrating when I noticed I'd left Blackpool out of the list icon_wink.gificon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well done, it will help a lot of gamers

Thanks mate. I chose to play as Ipswich on your recommendation, as with their cash I'm hoping to create a sort of "Busby's Babes" situation, buying young talent ala Saivet and Sakho and nurture them into world class players while making Ipswich a decent Prem side. Well on my way, 1st in the league by 8 points and my squads average age is 21!!!

Originally posted by LincolnCanary:

Blackpool

Strengths: A very quick striker in Keigan Parker. Pace is a great asset in this division, and Parker ranks up there amongst the quickest.

Great thread, but that's the exact same thing you used for Barnsley. So you missed out Barnsley. How could you! They're heroes!

Originally posted by Evon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LincolnCanary:

Blackpool

Great thread, but that's the exact same thing you used for Barnsley. So you missed out Barnsley. How could you! They're heroes! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO Barnsley are the first side he did icon_biggrin.gif

Just kidding. If you didn't see it, fair enough.

Originally posted by Rohan The Barbarian:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LincolnCanary:

Blackpool

Great thread, but that's the exact same thing you used for Barnsley. So you missed out Barnsley. How could you! They're heroes! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO Barnsley are the first side he did icon_biggrin.gif

Just kidding. If you didn't see it, fair enough. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but the description he gave for Barnsley was exactly the same as Blackpool's. So he has missed out Barnsley as Evon said icon_razz.gif

This is a great guide mate. I started an Ipswich game online about a month ago now and I'm in my 2nd season in the Premiership after going up, down and back up again. I would highly recommend Danny Haynes to absolutely anyone outside the top 4. He has scored 101 goals in 3 and abit seasons for me and 24 of those were in his first premiership season aswell.

Barnsley

A side very capable of beating the job, with ambitious managers looking to achieve a solid mid table position.

Strengths: Without a doubt the strike force, with Mostto being a very capable Championship striker.

Weaknesses: The central midfield could use a definite partner for the cultured Anderson Silva. Someone with a bit of goal threat about them.

There we go - sorry about that Barnsley fans.

Originally posted by Jakey_q:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">center

Billy Sharp is avaliable on loan on 8.02 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes he is, and while not as good as on previous versions of the game, will still bag a number of goals for most Championship sides.

Utd aren't likely to let him out to any of their rivals though.

Originally posted by smithers08:

good read icon14.gif

btw is jay jay okocha not a 'playmaker' for hull ?

Yes, good point. Okocha is a decent enough play maker, but really needs replacing quite quickly. With Hull starting with a bit of cash, I think someone a bit younger is still an important target.

Originally posted by aceofharts414:

Good stuff mate i've just got promoted into the championship with hartlepool after the first season. I'll check some of your players out as I really need to strengthen. Can you remember if theres anyone avail cheap at the start of seson 2?

Russell Duncan from Inverness would be a superb signing for Hartlepool. Also check out Roy O'Donovan from Sunderland on loan - I rate him highly for the Championship.

Finally check the teams that have been relegated. There's bound to be one surprise who will sell some fringe players.

good thread well done good work.

could i add that romania is a great place to find champioship quailty players who can blosom into prem players a few ive had

stancu torje(obvious) sepsi damunita lazar radoi, some can be expenxive and may cost a whole budget but worth it

Originally posted by Bornlucky:

great thread icon14.gif

do you think any of these players would come to a league 1 side aka southend united?

thanks mate

Don't see why not for some of them; players like Roy O'Donovan would be a superb signing for a League One side. And Djibril Diawara might come too. Russell Duncan as well if you can afford him. Seth Johnson and Jody Morris are both excellent freebies for the Championship, so would be equally decent in League One.

Check out Norwich's Chris Martin and Micky Spillane too - both will probably be available on loan and both would excel in League One.

Originally posted by macsoz:

good thread well done good work.

could i add that romania is a great place to find champioship quailty players who can blosom into prem players a few ive had

stancu torje(obvious) sepsi damunita lazar radoi, some can be expenxive and may cost a whole budget but worth it

Yes I must admit I've just bought Stancu in for my Norwich team in the Premiership too. Romania does appear to be a hot bed of talent in the latest FM.

Agree about ipswich, they're my team so i love beatin norwich, which i always happen to do, but i agree about the defender problem. I currently set up with McCann, Demerrit, Bruce and Harding, and they ALL make mistakes nearly every game. Thus i'm now 5th after 29 games. Btw, I signed Kenny Cooper from the MLS and he's a monster up front. Wins nearly every header and has laid on goals for Danny Haynes. I think he has 14 league goals and 6 assists in about 24 games. I'd love more goals from him but he sets up so many attacks, i got him for 1.5 mill so still expensive but worth a look.

Hi Jack,

That looks a decent team; plenty of ability up front (I'm a huge fan of Keogh, I think there is not another striker like him in the Championship) and potential on the wings. Does Kalouda perform on the left?

My slight worry is your defence - it looks a bit slow. Have you got someone you can substitute on for a bit of pace in case you come against someone quick?

Jack, where are you in the league? as im playing a Wolves file at the moment and doing quite well. Im currently 5th after 21 games, although, i was 1st after 6 games with 18pts out of 18. But ive hit a slump recently which saw me go from 2nd to 5th... my best player has been eastwood, hes scored 21 goals in 18 (3) apps.

Hi Jack,

Do most of your goals conceded come from the flanks? I look at the tactic above and think if I were playing against that tactic I'd exploit the huge amount of space your AMs leave in their wake as they move forward.

The central midfielders are both instructed to move into the center of the field as well with their own arrows which may well further affect the situation.

Try moving both wingers back to midfield rather than attacking midfield positions with farrows all the way to the strikers, and get rid of the farrow on Edwards. That should make you a bit more difficult to break down. Hopefully then you can look at making your strikers more prolific.

Ater reading this it inspired me to start a game wih Scunthorpe, the challenge of trying to keep them in the Championship. Knowing that it was my midfield an strike force that needed strengthning I quickly snapped up Daryl Murphy from Sunderland for £350k who can play either left wing or up front. Seth Johnson quickly followed and signed on a fee transfer to bolster a weak midfield. To quickly raise more funds I sold Marcus Williams to Bristol City for £210k and Matt Sparrow to Barnsley for £20k. Realising my stroke force was still weak I signed Ched Evans from Man City on loan for the whole season. To replace Marcus Williams at left back for the season I signed Daniel Jones on loan from Wolves. With my final signing I signed Paul Thirwell from Carlise for £325k to add stell to my midfield. AFter a decent pre-season I started the season badly. After 7 games I was stuck on 3 points but a switch in tactics to a 4-4-2 from 4-5-1 and adapted to a more direct style of game using my pace up front to stretch teams. I'm currently in December and I'm 20th with 21 points from 21 games, 1 point way from 22nd.

Great Thread!

I am aloso wolves, finishing 7th on goal difference after a last day defeat to qpr!

My first season i bought:

Chris Hogg and Rob Jones- Both Hibs: 1.6 M for both, hogg is very good once settled!

Nacer Barazite on loan, good cm against the weaker teams, can set up a lot and also chips in with a few!

Jack Cork- Good squad player

Dan Jones was a revelation on the left wing! 17 assists, young player of the month 5 times, and 9 goals!

Bothroyd, elliott and eastwood got 72 between them, elliot with 37!

Kyle is not a bad impact player for the first season, but look at someone else for the second!

2nd season:

Left:

Darron Gibson loan

Kyle loan

Barazite loan

Sold:

SEB- 1.4M

Kevin O'Connor- 300K, despite being worth 35k

Rob Edwards- 600K

Bought:

Marvin Elliott- 750k- great deal!

Franco di Santo- Loan, superb target man, MOM regulalry and consistently scores and assists!

Jack Hobbs- Loan

Kris Commons- Free

Henri Lansbury- Loan

My First Team:

GK- Murray, Hennessey

RB- Foley, Little

LB- Mulgrew, Elokobi

CB- Hogg, R Jones, Jack Hobbs, N Collins

RM- Super Kites, Jarvis

LM- D Jones, Commons

DM- Marvin Elliott, Karl Henry

CM- Olofinjana, Potter, David Edwards, Henri Lansbury, Mark Davies, Gleeson

ST- Elliott, di Santo, Eastwood, Keogh, Bothroyd

Reallt think i shold challenge for top 2 with this squad!

Midway through January now and have just signed Billy Sharp on loan from Sheff Utd, he lists Scunthorpe as one of his favourite clubs so he jumped at the chance. Going to try and sign a centre back, I tried Chris Morgan from Sheff Utd but he wanted £1000 than what I could offer him a week.

Archived