I'm frustrated

I can't really seem to get into the game. I really like it but I find myself playing two seasons max

Every time I load a game. I get bored and want to start another. Iv looked at challenges and stuff but I dont fancy doing any of them

What should I do?

Try playing as a smaller team, rather than the big boys all the time. It means you have to look for players that aren't well known and when you have some success it tends to mean more.

I used to only manage in the top 2 leagues and start off with a high rep. However the game I'm playing at the moment I started unemployed, with sunday league rep and I'm 4 seasons in and it's one of the best games I've had on FM.

Having abit of a budget is what I like though. Who do you suggest?

that's pretty much the opposite to what I like :) do you always enable transfer budgets before you start a game? I always start with nothing, but i'm guessing a team like Sheffield Wed/United wold have a decent budget. With my Plymouth team, they have a lot of promising young players who can be sold for decent fees so that gives you a little cash to spend.

that's pretty much the opposite to what I like :) do you always enable transfer budgets before you start a game? I always start with nothing, but i'm guessing a team like Sheffield Wed/United wold have a decent budget. With my Plymouth team, they have a lot of promising young players who can be sold for decent fees so that gives you a little cash to spend.

We (Sheffield United) have no money to spend on the game and are 33k over wage budget and lose money badly each month.

I don't know what to suggest, but i'm managing Fulham(even though after getting them to EL final in my first season I have to re-start :mad: fk you windows updates). I turn the first transfer window off, only buy within my means and only players that Fulham could realistically attain, whilst trying to reduce the wage bill and buying cheaper, younger prospects. It's so much more fun than managing a rich club. I don't like spending tbh.

Life is short, don't waste it doing something you don't enjoy. Give up with the game and go outside. You might find after a month or so that you have renewed passion for the game. If so, try again.

this! :thup:

I took a month or so away from the game until I was browsing the forums and read of SFraser's death, which I'd had no idea about. So after going through the memorial thread and reading lots of the great guides he made, I found that there was so much of the game I hadn't even thought about. It made me feel as if before I was just making a basic tactic, picking my players and hitting continue. However since I resumed playing I've been progressing a lot more slowly, taking a lot more things into account (with my tactics, training and match preparation) before hitting continue and acheiving much better results. I never used to even study the opposition at all, I'd just play the same tactic and find myself getting nowhere. Now everytime I find a good guide I'll save the page to my computer (including all of SFrasers) since I don't always have internet access and I've learnt a hell of a lot more about the game. This might not be the situation with you and why you're frustrated but just sharing my personal experience with getting back into the game.

Archived