Miniscout for 8.0.2 is finished, YEPEEE, download link here

Ozi

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dave byrd:

Program works but does not stay on top of my game. I keep having to go to the desktop to see it. Any ideas? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, me to, I am in contact with person who made the scout and will let you know how to get it on top of FM. Just don't panic people, the guy is already made a great great favor for us.

Oz

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dave byrd:

Program works but does not stay on top of my game. I keep having to go to the desktop to see it. Any ideas? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try windowed mode?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scotty Walds:

Try windowed mode? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't run in windowed mode. I run game on a 32" HDTV at 1360x768 and the game doesn't support windowed mode at that res.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Can't run in windowed mode. I run game on a 32" HDTV at 1360x768 and the game doesn't support windowed mode at that res. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mini won't work in Full mode, it gives to FM window the on top setting and then you have to switch back in windowed and restart fm to get Mini back on top.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scotty Walds:

Can't run in windowed mode. I run game on a 32" HDTV at 1360x768 and the game doesn't support windowed mode at that res. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can use forced windowed mode!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Veg:

Can't run in windowed mode. I run game on a 32" HDTV at 1360x768 and the game doesn't support windowed mode at that res. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can use forced windowed mode! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do i force windowed mode?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Can't run in windowed mode. I run game on a 32" HDTV at 1360x768 and the game doesn't support windowed mode at that res. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mini won't work in Full mode, it gives to FM window the on top setting and then you have to switch back in windowed and restart fm to get Mini back on top. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1.3 worked just fine before..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Veg:

You can use forced windowed mode! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do i force windowed mode? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Edit your shortcut's 'Target' to:

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" -small_screen -windowed

I am having a problem downloading it, I am clicking on the link and downloading the file.

it then asks if i want to open it or save it

If i select to open it, it just opens a blank windows explorer page and then after a couple of seconds it just goes back to the "open it or save it" page.

If I select "save it" it saves it in my download folder, then if I click on it, it just opens up the blank windows explorer page and then after a few seconds asks if I want to open or save it?!?!?!?!?

Anyone any ideas????? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by morsy:

It crashes as soon as I start it, without any more info what is wrong. Any idea how to fix this?

I've got Windows XP. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's your comp problem, scout works fine, sorry.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VoodooBlue:

I just get

'The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click Ok to terminate the application'

Any Ideas? Am I doing something wrong? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ozi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by morsy:

It crashes as soon as I start it, without any more info what is wrong. Any idea how to fix this?

I've got Windows XP. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's your comp problem, scout works fine, sorry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, already thought that it's a problem with my computer. Still there should be some way to fix it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yahaii:

I've read that the program needs you to have Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 or later, maybe thats the problem why you guys don't make it work? You can get it att Microsofts homepage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried that, but still it didn't work.

I am having a bit of a problem with the game since installing mini scout and I was wondering if anyone else has seen something similar happen to them.

I have noticed that when I buy a player the amount I have to pay increases by almost half and if I sell a player the amount I sell for drops. I know that this is something that happens if you dont have the disk as an anti piracy measure but the thing is the disk is in the drive and I didnt have this problem before I installed mini scout.

I am running vista premium and on the latest version of mini scout the program wouldnt always stay on top so I downloaded winontop but it doesnt work with vista so I downloaded a program called auto window manager.

This did fix the problem however after a while I have noticed the problem with the finances on the game. all plyers values have gone up etc.

So what I am thinking is either mini scout doesnt work with vista properly or maybe fm thinks that this auto window manger is a piracy tool of somekind?

Anyone else had similar problems with the new mini scout?

I have just deleted the auto window manger and I am going to see if this makes a difference.

Miniscout shouldn't interfere with a save game directly, as all it does is read/write to the memory of your computer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It must of been the auto window manager program that interferred with fm somehow then?

I have uninstalled the auto window manager program and will get to play fm again on Friday so will then have a better idea of if that was the problem.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hitmann:

Is it possible to make it backwards compatible with the same functions? I still like my 8.0.0... icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old versions are on the website...

http://mxamster.googlepages.com/downloadminiscout4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hitmann:

Is it possible to make it backwards compatible with the same functions? I still like my 8.0.0... icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old versions are on the website...

http://mxamster.googlepages.com/downloadminiscout4 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont think thats what he was asking. I think he wants the new version with new features to work on 8.00 because he probably has a pirated game and doesnt want to upgrade. I hope amster does not accommodate these thieves.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yahaii:

I've read that the program needs you to have Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 or later, maybe thats the problem why you guys don't make it work? You can get it att Microsofts homepage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

****ing nice one mate I did this and it works a treat! Cheers for the heas up it's much appreciated!

I keep trying to get the new version of Miniscout to work, but I keep getting this:

"Mini-SE_1.4 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience."

Now the previous versions worked fine (yes, I have the correct frameworks), so any ideas as to why it now won't work?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

can nayone supply idiot instructions how to use Miniscout? I downloaded the one for 8.0.1 last night but can't work out how to enter/read data icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Start FM, load your game.

Run the MiniScout EXE file

For 8.0.1 just click 'Load', or 8.0.2 you need to click the house picture, then load...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serj:

Request: The new version of Miniscout is working fine as ever for me, however it doesn't seem to be detecting staff data. A fix would be very useful. Keep up the good work! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have the original, or updated patch 8.0.2?

Archived