"progress has stalled due to a severe lack of match experience"

I am getting that message under a coach report for an 18 year old regen i have. This player has 4 star potential which means he has the potential to be as good as Cristiano Ronaldo. And apparently his progress is stalling due to little match experience. Now that is fine except i have played him 25 times this season, which is an extreme amount for an 18 year old.

What more can i do?! Is this a glitch?

I am getting that message under a coach report for an 18 year old regen i have. This player has 4 star potential which means he has the potential to be as good as Cristiano Ronaldo. And apparently his progress is stalling due to little match experience. Now that is fine except i have played him 25 times this season, which is an extreme amount for an 18 year old.

What more can i do?! Is this a glitch?

when you say 25 times, how much time is he getting per game, and what kinds of first team games is he getting, not sure i would worry about yet

Maybe he has a low professional attribute. That being low potential will be really difficult to reach.

No, I've doctored my young players to all have 20 Professionalism and they all get that. What level are you playing at - Premier League? I started in the non-leagues and assumed it meant i need to get a few promotions under my belt. All you can do is keep playing him in your first team and ignore it.

It seems the reports lag a little bit compared to what's happening in the game. For example:

- One 21-ish old player is getting many starts now and the reports still say "he's ready for more first team football".

- My goalie has been demoted to second keeper since the start of the season: his training reports (we're in december now!) still say his progress has increased due to exposure to first team football, while the new first choice keeper, having played as first choice since about beginning of september, still had "lack of football" as a reason in october.

I would say 25 starts and 25 substitutions are too much for a 18-year-old kid. Maybe the game recognizes that he's stalled but SI haven't coded in "stalled progress because of over-exposure to first team football" so it defaults to the more common lack of match fitness comment?

it does matter. league cup 3rd round or semis of the champions league. guess where they will gain more experience.

Possibly, if they are able to perform well enough at that level.

I would say 25 starts and 25 substitutions are too much for a 18-year-old kid. Maybe the game recognizes that he's stalled but SI haven't coded in "stalled progress because of over-exposure to first team football" so it defaults to the more common lack of match fitness comment?

This is a possibility if the player hardly gets a chance to regain full fitness.

I find that it takes a large part of a season with regular play for it to go away, but then it goes away. If it's still there after 25(26) matches, it sounds odd indeed.

"I would say 25 starts and 25 substitutions are too much for a 18-year-old kid"

Maybe so, but that means that at the beginning of the season, he shouldn't be stalled, but may become so near the end. That does not seem to be the case.

Something weird is definitely going on with this feature. It's far too easy to have a player "stalled", and once he's stalled, it's extremely difficult to unstall him. But it seems like the "stalled" comment from the coaches doesn't matter much: I have multiple stalled players, and even when stalled, I receive comments like "[player x] has been showing remarkable improvements..." How can he show remarkable improvements in training if he has stalled due to a severe lack of match experience? Twice?

Something weird is definitely going on with this feature. It's far too easy to have a player "stalled", and once he's stalled, it's extremely difficult to unstall him. But it seems like the "stalled" comment from the coaches doesn't matter much: I have multiple stalled players, and even when stalled, I receive comments like "[player x] has been showing remarkable improvements..." How can he show remarkable improvements in training if he has stalled due to a severe lack of match experience? Twice?

Anything is possible in SIland. :)

Playing with Bayern, Badstuber development also has his progress stalled due to lack of match experience according to most of my coaches. But... he played every single minute of the first season.

Now, it cant be a case of not enough high-quality matches (bundesliga and champions league are good enough, right?)

It can't be because of poor training facilities (bayern facilities are great)

It can't be because he's playing but is not playing well (his avg rating in al competitions was 7.40 and he scored 7 goals)

And badstuber is not the only one..

Archived