Possibly the best football manager advert ever made?

The mug on the desk at 0:17 was free with PG Tips. I have one. :D

But who on Earth could think that's the best FM advert ever? It's just the same guy over and over again making various gestures. And unconvincingly so.

I'm guessing the clip that I am not going to watch was created by the OP.

Insulting folk is not a great way to introduce yourself to the forum, now make sure the door doesn't hit you on the way out or for a laugh you could post this in OTF. :D

Criticising people for a lack of imagination and creativity is a bit rich when your advert displays a lack of exactly those things.

Anyway, the worse thing about it was the guy's fist-pumping. Couldn't have looked more fake. At one point I thought he should have been sat on the toilet.

Me too. It was never going to be cutting edge! The first of it's kind, or amazing. But it made me chuckle, and I am sure we can all realte to some of the emotions shown in the clip! Come on lighten up guys! Its Christmas soon!!! :p

Rubbish is rubbish at any time of the year. And it doesn't have to be cutting edge to be amusing. The fact is he called it "possibly the best football manager advert ever made". I'm sure he was being tongue-in-cheek (he can't possibly have been serious), but then he proceeded to spam it elsewhere, including under the misleading title "Guide to Installing FM".

Plus, he looks like he's having a stroke, not playing FM.

I think it's okay.

Showing what playing FM is like for most people

You play it whenever you get anyfree time, in the morning, after work, still wearing work clothes etc. Also the body language shown whilst playing FM.. well for me anyway. Spending hours just sat infront of the Monitor or Laptop.

Showing the highs and lows, I know I've put my hands over my face whilst hanging on in crucial games.

Just recently when I was at Hearts, I had a Europa League Quarter Final 2nd leg against Arsenal at home.

We had won the first leg 3-0 at the Emirates, so I rested a few players. By the 55th minute Arsenal were 3-0 up, I made some changes got the regular's back on and we managed to make it 3-1.. but for the last 20 minutes I knew if Arsenal scored one more I would be out on away goals. So I looked like how he did at 1:17, with the hands over the face.

Thankfully it stayed 1-3, and I did a clinch fist and shouted come on... to which my gf said 'you and that stupid game' :D

I've never done the AVB style, 2 handed pumping of the fists that Raggo like's to do though.

Would have been far more effective if it were shorter. If it was say, about 10-15 seconds long instead and ended with the guy celebrating in a suit, then maybe that would have worked better. It is instead tedious and quite frankly goes from being mildly amusing to just plain annoying after 20-30 seconds... Although maybe I'm slightly more patient than some. So yeah, make a shorter version and see how that is.

I'm pretty sure it's just a light hearted bit of fun and the 'best fm advert ever' tag is just sarcasm.

Well, if we look at the below quote:

thank you bolulu. unlike these cynical twats who have no imagination or creativity, you have great taste in adverts. it displays all of the emotions one can expect in football manager!

He seems fairly serious about it.

I'm also serious that he could actually make it half way good by making it shorter and ending it with the guy celebrating in a suit.

Not certain what the target audience is though... The point of adds is to make people buy stuff and this is only really funny to people who already own and play the game... Unless he's trying to get middle aged parents back into playing with a shot of nostalgia. Although the fist pumping suggests that he... Actually I really don't get the constant fist pumping.

Archived