buying with installments

that is the misunderstanding.

we need to find out in which cases people must pay some amount up front.

I bought him for 36M over 48 months

then I go to my clauses and I see that I owe to his ex-team 750k p/m for the next 48 months (=36M)

which means what Mack4life said doesn't happen to everyone.

anyone with more info on this?

You can offer whatever you want up front...it's up to the other manager to decide if he will accept it. If he won't accept just installments, then yes you'll have to offer some up front.

no no, we are not talking about the amount YOU choose to offer up front. I mean when the whole amount is installments. I explained above

that is the misunderstanding.

we need to find out in which cases people must pay some amount up front.

I bought him for 36M over 48 months

then I go to my clauses and I see that I owe to his ex-team 750k p/m for the next 48 months (=36M)

which means what Mack4life said doesn't happen to everyone.

anyone with more info on this?

Any 'Upfront Payment' will be deducted from your transfer budget immediately, and paid to selling club immediately.

The first year's 'Monthly Payments' will be deducted from your transfer budget immediately, but paid to selling club as they become due. (monthly)

You only need to have a transfer budget big enough to cover this amount for the transfer to go through.

i hate the fact most AI teams try buying players from whoever im managing in installments,

FFS i only tend to sell my dead wood players usually for 1 to 4mill. i dont tend to use the option as this effects your finances over the course of time, unless i have a similar amount coming in from selling players on monthly installments to negate the outgoing installment.

If you buy a player for £4m over 48 months, you pay £1m a year for him. I.e. £1m will be deducted from each years transfer budget. Of course the first 6/12 months are in the current season so come out of this seasons budget, hence the fact that you can't buy someone if you have £0 budget.

I think if it's in instalments only, you pay nothing up front, only on a monthly basis, but the first 12 months worth is taken out of your transfer budget (because you will have to spend it over the year).

This.

If you buy a player for £4m over 48 months, you pay £1m a year for him. I.e. £1m will be deducted from each years transfer budget. Of course the first 6/12 months are in the current season so come out of this seasons budget, hence the fact that you can't buy someone if you have £0 budget.

I would say the question is if the appropriate money (1m per year) will be deducted up front from your respective transfer budgets for seasons 2/3/4 or if the reduced actual money (because your club is paying those installments) is all that affects future transfer budgets.

Archived