Quick sub? I don't think so!

So, almost every time I get a quick-sub alert the player they offer as a substitute is just not the one required. Striker injured, they offer a quick-sub for my DL! DC injured they offer me a winger. If the game can't come up with a player remotely suited for the substitution it would be better to just eliminate this feature from the game & stick with the 'diamond on the head' injured sign.

Surely it would make more sense to offer the most appropriate sub for the position, though. Obviously still have the dropdown menu, but the game should be clever enough not to offer a defender for an injured striker.

Surely it would make more sense to offer the most appropriate sub for the position, though. Obviously still have the dropdown menu, but the game should be clever enough not to offer a defender for an injured striker.

If it's not programmed to do that, it won't. Mine always suggests my #2 GK, because he's always my 1st sub. Just a simple case of drop and click.

Oh, I agree it's not the worst thing in the world. I just remember the first time it happened and thinking "why on Earth is it suggesting that player?". Plus, it's meant to be a quick sub. Granted it doesn't take all that long to scroll down and select the player you want, but it's still distracting. I'd prefer it if it was programmed to suggest a more appropriate player than just whoever is listed first among my subs.

I was pretty clear that I don't like it because it distracts from the game rather than because I'm too lazy to scroll.

Its pretty clear that you never knew it was a drop down menu. You thought that the game was actually advising you to bring on the first player on your bench.

Its pretty clear that you never knew it was a drop down menu. You thought that the game was actually advising you to bring on the first player on your bench.

Erm.. I already alluded in an earlier post that I didn't spot the dropdown menu the first time I saw this. No secret there.

I was, however, aware of the dropdown menu before this thread appeared. I've played enough FM12 to have realised that by now. I just want the list to be in order of appropriateness.

Erm.. I already alluded in an earlier post that I didn't spot the dropdown menu the first time I saw this. No secret there.

I was, however, aware of the dropdown menu before this thread appeared. I've played enough FM12 to have realised that by now. I just want the list to be in order of appropriateness.

Must be awful having to spend literally seconds choosing a name from a drop down list.

Not awful at all. But having the appropriate player readily available, and STILL having the dropdown incase the game doesn't get it right, would be even better.

Perhaps I should draw people's attention to the first line of my second post in this thread: "I agree, it's not the worst thing in the world...". Cannot see why SI wouldn't have made sure the most appropriate player appears first on the list, though.

Not awful at all. But having the appropriate player readily available, and STILL having the dropdown incase the game doesn't get it right, would be even better.

Perhaps I should draw people's attention to the first line of my second post in this thread: "I agree, it's not the worst thing in the world...". Cannot see why SI wouldn't have made sure the most appropriate player appears first on the list, though.

I think they'd need to write code that enables the game to recognize which tactic you're playing first, before such a functionality could be included...

I think they'd need to write code that enables the game to recognize which tactic you're playing first, before such a functionality could be included...

Which would be rendered almost pointless when you had more than 1 of a similar kind of player on the bench, it just picking the best player you have available would be pointless, because the best player is not always the one that you want to bring on, so in essence it would be redundant half the time.

I'm pretty sure it would be faster to select a sub from the menu when the players have the same order everytime. You already know the order because you are the one who made the list. If the order is according to the players you're subbing out, then the menu will look different every time you use it. And that would be even more frustrating than what you're suggesting--and believe me, it will not suggest the correct sub every time--sometimes it will and sometimes it won't. Talk about distracting!

My problem with this feature is that it doesn't work. If a player gets injured and I get the Quick Sub/Keep On choice, I can choose to do the quick substitution, but the game STILL brings up the main tactics screen, so I have to do the substitution again. If I choose Keep on but the player is seriously injured, I'm also taken to the tactics screen, so why give me the choice to keep him on if he can't?

That drives me mad too. There's no point giving me the 'keep on' option for players who aren't able to play on. And there's no point in using the quick sub option for them because it just takes you to the tactics screen anyway. I like the idea, and it's great when players just get a minor injury, but the implementation when a player's forced off makes no sense.

Archived