So, How is FM2012?

Hey guys,

Usually I wait a couple of months after the release of a new FM game, due to it always needing patches to fix annoying bugs.

This year I haven't heard many complaints.

So, is the game playable (with no bugs) already?

Is it worth buying now or waiting a while.

I'll let you know once I actually manage to launch the thing - been downloading the latest patch for the last 90 minutes, that was after having to reinstall Steam 4 times to even try to get the thing to install because Steam kept crashing on my nice new two-week old £700 laptop.

Now I find that to get the editor I have to download that over the Steam software as well - and that's predicted to take another hour or so. Here's an idea SI, why not put the Editor and Resource Archiver on the disk alongside the game like you used to. Penalising those users with substandard Broadband connections (some still use dialup even in this day and age) over some belief that it'll stop the game being cracked and pirated for people to download and play for free (I note that this has already happened - a little over two or three weeks after release).

I've had a couple random crashes, but I just started making the auto save weekly. FM11 VS FM12, no contest 12 wins. its all the little changes that make the game so much better. most of the stuff I am enjoying the most are UI based changes that just make things simpler. Also it seem the tactic creator is actually working this time around.

-Squad status bug with clubs that have part-time contracts

-Scouting bug with scouts that have 100% knowledge of a country

-Goal kick bug leaving the striker one-on-one(was already on FM 11.3 to be fair)

Besides these three glitches i'm loving everything else so far!

Feels like a new patched version of 11 to me... no differences I can see that warrant the money I paid. The fact that it is so bug free is just proof that's all it is.

That & comments already made by PaulC that FM12 uses the 11.3 ME so there are unlikely to be any previously unseen bugs in it.

The match engine is the same, but there are a lot of new features and tweaks and in the overall, this edition is the best so far, in my opinion. It's the first time for years that I'm already playing a career game before christmas, as I did always wait for the (big) second patch in the past.

Archived