Error: Football Manager 2012 Demo is already running

Please help, I'm not a computer whiz so please excuse my ignorance.

I have downloaded the demo but nothing happens when I run it. When I then try it again it comes up with the above error message. When I view the task manager there is nothing there!

I have followed all the guidlines and FAQ's and the same thing happens again.

Please can someone help me?

Stp 5 of the below - there is no option for me to do this, the only things on there are Compatabilty Mode, Display Settings and Input Settings, there is no option to show settings for all users

Compatibility Mode

Please ensure that Steam is not set to use Compatibility features:

1.Browse to your Steam installation (Usually C:\Program Files\Steam\)

2.Right click on Steam.exe, choose Properties.

3.Click on the Compatibility tab.

4.Uncheck any boxes that are checked, and click Apply.

5.Then, click the "Show settings for all users" button.

6.Again, make sure none of these boxes are checked, and click Ok.

7.Click Ok to close any open dialog boxes.

your using a netbook right?

do this

1 go to FM 2012 demo on your game library

2-right click on it and select properties

3-select set launch options

4 put this there : " -small_screen -windowed " without the "

5- try starting the game now

Nothing in task manager, I've just found out that AVG is on my computer and I didnt even know (I'm rubbish with computers) I have listed fm and steam on the exceptions so hopefully this will work. Not really sure what I am doing but I will re-boot and try it.

I'll let you know how I get on

thanks Aim_Less, I'm gonna have to go now, but please leave any tips or advice for me and I'll check tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for their comments - hopefully I won't have the same problems when the full game comes out

I am having the same problem and can only play in online mode.

If i try to put steam in offline mode and start the game then it just shows game loading then goes back to my desktop!!!

Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

EDIT: Was trying to launch it from demo icon, on desktop, rather than through steam.

Go to Steam, change to offline mode, then launch demo from Steam and your able to play offline.

I've got football/championship manager since the first release and never had a problem before.

I've tried every possible solution and wasted two days.

I'm unfortunately giving up now, I've got no patience left!

Hi Aim_Less

I post my dxdiag on the bugs forum. Neil Brock (SI) helped me out loads, as you have.

Turns out all I needed to do was shut down my computer so the game was not running in the background somewhere, turn back on, then download updated graphics card drivers from the link Neil gave me and hey presto - the game runs great.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me, especially Aim_Less and Neil.

Now it's time to catch up on some gameplay!

your using a netbook right?

do this

1 go to FM 2012 demo on your game library

2-right click on it and select properties

3-select set launch options

4 put this there : " -small_screen -windowed " without the "

5- try starting the game now

i had the same issue (no application running, only the process) on my netbook

and adding that parameters helped me to launch the game in 'visible' mode,

but unfortunately, after the intro passes the games disappears

just checked on intel website, i have the latest drivers for my intel 945

:(

any idea?

Hi Aim_Less

I post my dxdiag on the bugs forum. Neil Brock (SI) helped me out loads, as you have.

Turns out all I needed to do was shut down my computer so the game was not running in the background somewhere, turn back on, then download updated graphics card drivers from the link Neil gave me and hey presto - the game runs great.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me, especially Aim_Less and Neil.

Now it's time to catch up on some gameplay!

Hi everyone,

I'm having the same problem with the error saying the game is already running. Can you please post the link the the download patches Neil Brock posted as I can't seem to find them.

Many thanks

Arthur

Hi,

I have FM2011 which runs smoothly on my Acer Aspire. I have just downloaded the new FM 2012 demo and when I load it I get 4 different coloured screens running like a slideshow and a message stating that there is an issue with the resolution I am running. I have looked into this and I appear to be running the recommended resolutions, any ideas??

Look at system processes and kill a likely erroneous FM exe thats running and then retry. I've ad this and it appears when you first launch the game but alt-tab to something else not coming back in time to select start/load etc

If my tip above doesn't work then logoff and logon without a reboot (likely much quicker)

Let me know what you find works if you recreate the issue

Post your dxdiag on the bugs forum (there will be an explanation on how to do this somewhere on the forum - if not sure just ask - I cant remeber how to do it sorry!) and one of the SI guys will look into it for you. If it is your drivers that need updating they will post the correct link you need to do this. Good Luck guys

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem here, when I try to start Fm it does what it normally does but FM doesnt start. So when I try it again it gives the well known error; Error: Football Manager is already running. I tried everything but is just wont start up, I'm getting really pissed so please anybody help me.

The Editor gives the same problem...

• 1 month later...

Archived