The "green" injuries

Question: when a player gets hurt in a match and gets the green box above them, does it make the injury worse if you leave them in the game? I always tend to take the player out as soon as they pick up that injury, but the cpu never does when it happens to their players. So what's the rule of thumb on this, does it make a difference whether you take them out or not?

I normally take them off for two reasons:

1. I don't want to risk it in case it does make in injury worse, though after some 5000 matches in recent versions you'd have thought I'd figured out if it does or not eh? Apparently not though.

2. In case a player picks up a second, worse injury in the match, which I have seen before.

I like to take them off quickly becuase in my experience, they tend to pick up injuries that that require them to be taken out.

Also they get tired a lot quicker and become a liability to the side.

I'm more worried about them becoming a liability with the injury hampering them to be honest. I usually wait a few minutes and look at the assistant's comment and if the player seems to be moving unaffected I leave him on. Otherwise it's a substitution. Remember that you can also go to their profiles and it will say "Has potential leg injury" or similar which can give you a rough idea of how serious an injury it may be.

Hopefully this will be made clearer in the next version. A physio that can't tell you if a player has hurt his leg or arm is a physio not worth having. You see IRL physios are very good at diagnosing potential injuries. A message that says, "Player X has suspected hamstring injury". Then I would sub him, or "Player X has a gashed head". So he wouldn't need subbing.

if you click on the players profile during a game when they have a green arrow it will tell you what kind of injury they are carrying, not exact but it gives you an idea. I usually leave them off it says they think they can run it off, usually after 15-20 minutes they are ok, but if i see its possible groin or anything similar i usually take them off.

As milnerpoint said, if you click on the player and view his profile, it will give you a rough idea what is wrong. It will say 'potential leg injury' which could be anything from a knock to a hamstring problem or something. Probably best to take them off straight away for a leg injury. The you have potential head/arm injuries. These you can probably leave to see how he goes, but still probably best just to sub them straight away.

usually I keep them on until at least halftime if it is in the first half often pushing them until the hour mark. Sometimes in the physio report after the match you do find out you've had a player running around with a torn calf muscle for half an hour but most of the time (about 90%) its not too serious in my experiences.

Open the team motivation screen (I have it open on the split screen), and you get more information there.

"Seems unaffected by knock"

"Is hampered by injury"

"Is injured and should come off" etc etc

This is what I do. If you check that screen, it tells you how the player is feeling.

I've left Suarez on whilst he's had an injury during the game because it said that he can run it off, and he went on to score a goal minutes later. So I can't see how it affects them that much.

Archived