Back after MANY years. Help me pick my first team :)

Hi Guys. I bought FM 2011 today and am ready to rock. Of course I'm stuck now as I can't decide on my first team of my comeback to manage :)

Comeback* I play CM 93 and was playing CM up until 1998. But other than a brief stint in FM Live I've barely played CM/FM at all since the late 90's !

Really excited to give it a try now but while I am loking for a team that gives me a challenge I don't want to get too discouraged. What team (english preferably) do you think I should manage to start back.

I used to love Southampton and would always manage them... good choice ?

Cheers,

Brian.

If you haven't played in so long I wouldn't start from the absolute bottom, unless you specifically want a real challenge.

If you don't want that then Brighton and Southampton were teams i always enjoyed going. My brother has a save he's really enjoying with Southampton at the moment actually.

due to you being out the game for so long i would go for man city becuase they start off with areally good squad and have alot of money to spend plus you should enjoy the game more at first due to having that much moneyto spend:)

the best would be starting with Man City for 2-3 seasons just to get now the game :) it's really different in comparison to CMs. It's a more complex game with a lot of new things that you have to try out before you'll be able to use them properly and effectively. It takes some time, there's a lot of new things you need to get know in order to be successful. Don't discourage yourself at first, it's a really awesome game, you just have to use to new things, new interface. Have fun :thup:

I wouldnt advise a massive club or one with loads of money to start off at. It'll hinder you in the future if you are signing players for loads of money with high wages and paying agents whatever they want as money is more or less no object. You're better off at a lower to mid table club in the highest tier in my opinion so you experience the bigger clubs trying to poach your players and then trying to fend them off/extend your own players contracts, and obviously the financial constraints are a little more ominous if you decide to start paying players over the top wages for your clubs income.

You'll learn to be a lot more responsible with the funds available to you. It'll also allow you scope to develop the club in ways that some of the bigger clubs cant actually get any better at in some respect (scouting, feeder clubs, improving training facilities etc).

Id say try Newcastle, they have lots of money to start but a fairly average rep and over paid players, you will learn a lot about trying to find good deals from managing them. Being a fan i always pick them, the first seaosn will be tough but you can get them right up there after 3 years really.

Wolfsburg in germany is a good team to try first out and then try and get offered jobs in english premier league with a ultimate goal of being offered the Manchester United job is a good challenge.

cheers,

kymsheba (mike)

Archived