Where's the On-line Manual gone?

Just visited this site to ask the same question...please fix it...I have to hire a new coach and I've always relied on the manual to figure out proper attributes :)

Fitness Coach - Fitness, Determination, Motivating

Goalkeeper Coach - Goalkeepers, Man Management, Tactical Coaching

Physio - Physiotherapy, Level of Discipline, Determination

Youth Coach - Working With Youngsters, Attacking, Defending, Tactical Coaching, Technique, Mental

Coach - Attacking, Defending, Tactical Coaching, Technique, Mental

Assistant Manager - Man Management, Motivating, Tactical Knowledge

Scout - Judging Player Ability, Judging Player Potential

First Team Coach - Attacking, Defending, Tactical Coaching, Technique, Mental

I am the manual. Just ask whatcha wanna know. :D

Goalkeeper Coach - Goalkeepers, Man Management, Tactical Coaching

Youth Coach - Working With Youngsters, Attacking, Defending, Tactical Coaching, Technique, Mental

Coach - Attacking, Defending, Tactical Coaching, Technique, Mental

First Team Coach - Attacking, Defending, Tactical Coaching, Technique, Mental

Epic fail!

http://www.fmscout.com/i-1086-FM-Coach-Calculator-for-FM2011.html

Care to explain why is it an epic fail?

What I wrote are attributes required for all the coaches.

Of course if you want for your First Team Coach/Coach/Youth Coach to be good at Defending training then you'll look at Defensive and Tactical attributes plus Working With Youngsters for Youth Coaches.

If you want them to be good in Tactics training then you look at Tactical attribute plus Working With Youngsters for Youth Coaches.

If you want them to be good in Attacking training then you look at Attacking and Tactics attributes plus Working With Youngsters for Youth Coaches.

If you want them to be good at Shooting Training then you look at Attacking and Technique attributes plus Working With Youngsters for Youth Coaches.

If oyu want them to be good at Ball Control training then you look at Mental and Technical attributes plus Working With Youngsters for Youth Coaches.

But, I'll still understand if this is too difficult for you to understand, so you have to use some third party calculators or whatever. :thup:

Coaches:

Goalkeeper Coach - Goalkeepers, Man Management, Tactical

Youth Coach - Working With Youngsters, Attacking, Defending, Mental, Tactical, Technical

Coach - Attacking, Defending, Mental, Tactical, Technical

First Team Coach - Attacking, Defending, Mental, Tactical, Technical

Training:

Strength: Coaches should have a high Fitness rating.

Aerobic: Coaches should have a high Fitness rating.

Goalkeeping: Coaches should have a high Coaching Goalkeepers rating.

Tactics: Coaches should have a high Tactical rating.

Defending: Coaches should have high ratings in Coaching Defending and Tactical.

Ball Control: Coaches should have high ratings in coaching Technical and Mental.

Attacking: Coaches should have high ratings in coaching Attacking and Tactical.

Shooting: Coaches should have high ratings in coaching Attacking and Technical.

Strength: Work Rate, Natural Fitness, Stamina, Strength

Aerobic: Acceleration, Agility, Balance, Jumping, Pace

Tactics: Anticipation, Decisions, Off The Ball, Positioning, Teamwork

Ball Control: Dribbling, First Touch, Heading, Technique, Flair

Defending: Marking, Tackling, Concentration

Attacking: Crossing, Passing, Creativity

Shooting: Finishing, Composure, Long Shots

Of course if you want for your First Team Coach/Coach/Youth Coach to be good at Defending training then you'll look at Defensive and Tactical attributes plus Working With Youngsters for Youth Coaches.

If you want them to be good in Tactics training then you look at Tactical attribute plus Working With Youngsters for Youth Coaches.

If you want them to be good in Attacking training then you look at Attacking and Tactics attributes plus Working With Youngsters for Youth Coaches.

If you want them to be good at Shooting Training then you look at Attacking and Technique attributes plus Working With Youngsters for Youth Coaches.

If oyu want them to be good at Ball Control training then you look at Mental and Technical attributes plus Working With Youngsters for Youth Coaches.

But, I'll still understand if this is too difficult for you to understand, so you have to use some third party calculators or whatever. :thup:

Why epic fail:

1: You claim to be the manual -> knowing every aspect of FM11

2: You fail at given the correct advice

All coaches need the mental stats: Determination, Motivating and Discipline

According to the manual physios need Fitness and Physiotherapy (as i read it). Physiotherapy being the very most important.

Assistant managers need Tactical knowledge, Motivating, Man management and Judging player. Maybe Discipline and Determination also are factors.

GK coaches only need Goalkeepers and the before mentioned mental stats.

There is no difference (star rating) between youth, general and first team coaches - they all use the same attributes. Maybe there are some attributes that do have effect but they do not show in the star rating.

If you want to get the most out of your coaches I suggest "you have to use some third party calculators or whatever. :thup:"

(I don't know what :thup: means but I guess it would be the most sensible to quote you right back)

Why epic fail:

1: You claim to be the manual -> knowing every aspect of FM11

2: You fail at given the correct advice

All coaches need the mental stats: Determination, Motivating and Discipline

According to the manual physios need Fitness and Physiotherapy (as i read it). Physiotherapy being the very most important.

Assistant managers need Tactical knowledge, Motivating, Man management and Judging player. Maybe Discipline and Determination also are factors.

GK coaches only need Goalkeepers and the before mentioned mental stats.

There is no difference (star rating) between youth, general and first team coaches - they all use the same attributes. Maybe there are some attributes that do have effect but they do not show in the star rating.

If you want to get the most out of your coaches I suggest "you have to use some third party calculators or whatever. :thup:"

Surley you should have understood that I was joking when I said that I'm a manual?

I gave advices according to game and not some manual.

I listed key attributes for every job. Other attributes are just a bonus. E.g. a coach with 20 for Defending and 20 for Tactical will have five star rating in Defending training category no matter how good or bad his otter attributes are.

You say that physios need Fitness and Physiotherapy. How do you explain this then:

K6xYY.png

See the attributes that are listed in his profile on the right side.

You say Goalkeeping Coaches only nee Goalkeepers attribute. How do you explain this then:

0Tr8N.png

See the attributes that are listed in his profile on the right side.

I already explained you what attributes are needed for each training category, so you can look for specific coaches.

So, I suggest you start playing the game the real way and give up on some third party editors/tools etc. :thup:

And yeah, no need to post all that twice.

You are wrong again.

20 in defense and tactics and only 1 in determination, discipline and motivating (DDM) only gives you a 3 star defending coach. The formula goes Defending*8 + (Tactical+DDM)*3 = 221. Where 200 <= 3 star < 240. So the mental stats are important.

The formula for GKs are Goalkeepers*2 + DDM. Where 80 <= 4.5 stars < 90.

Yeah, I've seen those in-game screen shots. And I don't care about those as they are not correct regarding stars for coaches.

Regarding physios: http://www.sega.com/fm11/manual/156 Read the section about Fitness.

So instead of trying to be smart try to learn the game and stop guessing. And for your information I don't use 3rd party tools. I have the coaching formulas in notepad file (well, of course you can call that a third party manual...).

Maybe you should start using 3rd party tools. Your knowledge of the game seem to suggest that would be helpful.

I have my own way and as long as it works for me I happy wit it. You obviously had to use those calculators, but hey that's okay as people do make such things for people who can't figure out some things themselves.

Manual is pretty outdated I would say just as are Hints & Tips.

I'd like to ask you only question and that is what do those SS' tell if not the truth? Are you trying to say that those highlighted attributes are not needed and SI just put them there for no reason?

I'd forgotten that, sorry (still on FM10)

Fabio, how about attack or defence coach, do they have more than three attributes showing in this situation?

Those messages about signing staff only ever show 3 attributes when often more than those three are important for attack coaches the important attributes are attack coaching, tactical coaching as well as determination, discipline and motivating. For defence coaches just swap attack coaching with defence coaching.

Those messages about signing staff only ever show 3 attributes when often more than those three are important for attack coaches the important attributes are attack coaching, tactical coaching as well as determination, discipline and motivating. For defence coaches just swap attack coaching with defence coaching.

Thanks, I already know this, I was just curious to see which of them showed and if there had been an increase in FM11.

Thanks, I already know this, I was just curious to see which of them showed and if there had been an increase in FM11.

I largely ignore the attribtues that pop up in that side panel, you'll have more success just knowing which attributes are the right ones rather than basing it off the three attributes in those messages as they're not necessarily the most important.

I largely ignore the attribtues that pop up in that side panel, you'll have more success just knowing which attributes are the right ones rather than basing it off the three attributes in those messages as they're not necessarily the most important.

I'm just nosey and mention of anything in FM11 that might be different from FM10 I feel a need to learn about it.

My attack coach shows, Attack, Defence and Tactics in a side panel like this, a good example why I've always ignored them.

Yes, getting the right combo of attributes is essential, but I also place a fair amount of importance in the quality shown in the Backroom Advice panel. (please tell me that's still there!?)

I'm just nosey and mention of anything in FM11 that might be different from FM10 I feel a need to learn about it.

My attack coach shows, Attack, Defence and Tactics in a side panel like this, a good example why I've always ignored them.

Yes, getting the right combo of attributes is essential, but I also place a fair amount of importance in the quality shown in the Backroom Advice panel. (please tell me that's still there!?)

Yeah fair enough but thats why i ignore that panel because you might be hiring a coach who you intend to use as an attack coach but the game doesn't know that so it shows attributes which might be irrelevant.

I'd imagine the backroom advice panle is still there although when signing coaches i usually just use a search filter with the attributes i'm looking for so someone else might be better suited to answer that question.

Never managed to get good star ratings in training without taking the mental attributes (motivating, discipline and determination) into account. And my coach with 20 defending and tactics does not have a 5 star rating for defending or tactics for that matter, not even with decent attributes in other key places, he is lacking a few points in determination and that is enough to take his rating down, only half a star but still.

Archived