Greenland

That's pretty stupid, my friends. We have countries like British Virgin Islands, Vanuatu and Seychelles in the game, but the biggest island doesn't exist.

I thought it was part of Denmark?

It was.

Well a quick search on wikipedia says it's not a member of FIFA because it cannot grow grass for the regulation grass pitches. I'd say that's a big drawback to wanting to be a part of the international football theme, not being able to have a grass pitch.

That's pretty stupid, my friends. We have countries like British Virgin Islands, Vanuatu and Seychelles in the game, but the biggest island doesn't exist.

Its hardly stupid :rolleyes:

When they become a member of FIFA chances are they'll then be included in FM.

FIFA's recent approval of FieldTurf may allow Greenland to create FIFA-standard playing pitches and apply to play full internationals. They would join either UEFA (due to links with Denmark) or CONCACAF (geographically, Greenland is part of North America). The first artificial turf in Greenland was completed and inaugurated in Qaqortoq in September of 2009.

On September 13, 2010 FIFA president Sepp Blatter arrived in Qaqortoq, Greenland and announced FIFAs approval of the new field, which is seen as a major step towards the country being granted FIFA membership.

Im guessing that when they apply to be part of FIFA, they will be included in the game, but Until then, I guess they wont be

The development of artificial pitches means that Greenland will 'probably' be the next nation to join UEFA.

May cause controvesy in terms of extra distance travelled and the quality of side they will be able to produce but it's certainly an interesting topic.

It was.

It still is. In 2009 or 2010 they became self ruling but are still under Denmarks control.

But the same goes with the Faeroe Islands, ruled by Denkmark, but have their own football teams.

Well a quick search on wikipedia says it's not a member of FIFA because it cannot grow grass for the regulation grass pitches. I'd say that's a big drawback to wanting to be a part of the international football theme, not being able to have a grass pitch.

Have you ever heard of artificial grass? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skagerak_Arena

Its hardly stupid

When they become a member of FIFA chances are they'll then be included in FM.

No, it's really stupid. They should have at least made a Greenlandish nationality. :rolleyes: Or FIFA must allow that first? :D

Another example is why there's no Basque language, but there is Catalan? That sucks.

It still is. In 2009 or 2010 they became self ruling but are still under Denmarks control.

But the same goes with the Faeroe Islands, ruled by Denkmark, but have their own football teams.

I'm not so sure. And Greenland have their own football teams, too! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca_Cola_GM

They should have at least made a Greenlandish nationality. :rolleyes: Or FIFA must allow that first? :D

Yeah you're right, all these amazing players from Greenland are taking the world by storm. Also, if there are no teams from Greenland, where will the regens spawn?

Basically I don't see any reason to add Greenland to the game. They don't have a real national team, the league doesn't merit inclusion, especially as it doesn't allow qualification into a continental competition, and I haven't heard of any players from Greenland doing anything remotely worthwhile.

Your behaviour is disgraceful. Look Iceland for example. There's a lot of similarities between Greenland and Iceland. So if there're many players from Iceland in SPL, EPL, Championship and other divisions, why not Greenlanders, too? Behave yourself! Eidur Guddjonsen stayed longer in Barca than both Michael Owen and Jonathan Woodgate in Real Madrid, that's for sure.

So if there're many players from Iceland in SPL, EPL, Championship and other divisions, why not Greenlanders, too?

I have no idea. You tell me why there's been a handful of good Icelandic players and none from Greenland.

Your behaviour is disgraceful. Look Iceland for example. There's a lot of similarities between Greenland and Iceland. So if there're many players from Iceland in SPL, EPL, Championship and other divisions, why not Greenlanders, too? Behave yourself! Eidur Guddjonsen stayed longer in Barca than both Michael Owen and Jonathan Woodgate in Real Madrid, that's for sure.

Trying to defend Greenland football players is as weak as my bladder right now, seriously it's the most weakest of countries in footballing terms and has no scope for future of football progress, what ever next The Isle of Man.

Excuse me, but are you ****** or you're just acting? GREENLAND IS A LAND/ISLAND/COUNTRY ON PLANET EARTH and people there play football. They have their own football championship! So SI must add it at least as a nation. Why nations like New Caledonia and Papua New Guinea are added? Why Wigan town is added in game data? Tell me one gifted footballer born there. Come on, offer any reason why?

Excuse me, but are you ****** or you're just acting? GREENLAND IS A LAND/ISLAND/COUNTRY ON PLANET EARTH and people there play football. They have their own football championship! So SI must add it at least as a nation. Why nations like New Caledonia and Papua New Guinea are added? Why Wigan town is added in game data? Tell me one gifted footballer born there. Come on, offer any reason why?

Forget it. I've lost interest in your silly thread.

Well since they play proper internationals, they need to be included to make sure the Oceanian cup or whatever has the right number of teams, in addition to the Oceanian World Cup qualifiers. Greenland is totally irrelevant because IT IS NOT A MEMBER OF FIFA SO THEY DON'T PLAY REAL INTERNATIONALS, (they played Tibet ffs) There is your reason. Btw Danny Wilson was born in Wigan.

Forget it, I thought I will receive proper answers from intelligent people, but now I realize the whole thing.

You've had the proper answer. Greenland aren't a Fifa registered country and so aren't included.

Forget it, I thought I will receive proper answers from intelligent people, but now I realize the whole thing.

I just don't even understand this at all. I've given you the reason and you dismiss it out of hand. Utterly ridiculous. And yet you still haven't provided a real reason other than 'its a country'. Well so is the Vatican, and I don't hear anybody crying about their exclusion.

Archived