Retired

I am fed up of starting a new game and then trying to load the game up at a later date and always says 'Game cannot be loaded' so I've decided never to buy Football Manager again.

I have started 100s of games this year and it has done it for every single one of my game saves. I've uninstalled Football Manager 2011 and I've put it in the bin.

Most people would ask one of the guys from SI on this forum to help them maybe upload your saves so they can look at them rather than being so dramatic but if that's what you prefer to do then fine can't see you getting any sympathy on here though.

I'm not looking for sympathy mate. I'm just fed up of it always doing it. I

Why bother to tell us if you're not looking for someone to agree with you or help you?

You could of just binned the game and left it at that no need to tell us all.

:confused: I'm sorry - you started 100s of saves, and they all had this problem?

I would have investigated why it was happening on the first instance... you might have saved yourself some amount of frustration by doing so.

Ahh, why do I bother...

snooty_jim, Don't even know what that is pal.

In preferences, you can set up a rolling save, with 3, 5 or 10 saves I believe, with fixed save points. It means that you always have that number of backups - so if one game gets corrupted, you have the others to fall back on. You'll lose one week, two weeks, one month (whatever you set it to) of save data, but you won't lose the whole lot as you do when you only have one save.

I would also suggest that if it's happening that frequently and predictably, you may have a problem with your hard disk.

I am fed up of starting a new game and then trying to load the game up at a later date and always says 'Game cannot be loaded' so I've decided never to buy Football Manager again.

I have started 100s of games this year and it has done it for every single one of my game saves. I've uninstalled Football Manager 2011 and I've put it in the bin.

Well, as that sounds like an issue with your computer and not the game I'd say that its your own damn fault and I for one look forward to not hearing you complain in the future.

Also, if you did want to correct your own issue here are a few things you could do:

1. Make backup saves, that is each time you save, save it to a different file.

ie. Call the first file 'Save 1'. Then the second 'Save 2'. Then the next time save over 'Save 1' and then over 'Save 2'. Rinse and repeat!

2. Use the autosave function like any normal person with a few rolling saves...

Well, as that sounds like an issue with your computer and not the game I'd say that its your own damn fault and I for one look forward to not hearing you complain in the future.

Thanks for telling me it's my fault my backups aren't working. It's quite constructive on your part.

Thanks for telling me it's my fault my backups aren't working. It's quite constructive on your part.

Well... if you don't keep backups, then it probably is.

Also, as I haven't had a corrupted save since FM 2007 I'm not sure how you're getting so many.

How do you exit the game?

Well... if you don't keep backups, then it probably is.

Also, as I haven't had a corrupted save since FM 2007 I'm not sure how you're getting so many.

How do you exit the game?

Re-read my previous posts regarding backups. They all failed.

I go FM->Quit game.

And hey, i haven't had a corrupted file since FM 06, but here I am with FM10 crapping out on me for no good reason. **** can happen to everyone, even after doing everything right.

if its happening again and again to the same person saving it the same way, exiting the game the same way then it clearly has something to do with what you are doing. Do a defrag and also check to see if there is any spam on your computer. restart your pc and it should be fine, maybe you are exiting the fm11 when the game hasnt finished saving yet. Or are you doing any editing ? too much editing during the game can stuff your saved game up also

Not gona lie couldnt be bothered to read all the responses, glanced quickly through them. Have you gone back to an ealier patch? Having played on a newer patch, would cause similar issues i think

The longer you continue a Football Manager save, the probability of it being corrupted approaches 1.

I've just reached 2027 and my players' histories have suddenly gone missing, I'm mentally bracing my self for the ol' "Game Cannot Be Loaded."

After the first 2 or 3 times would it not have been wise to come on here and ask the forum/moderators what to do? seeing as almost, if not every problem gets resolved in the end.

But instead you decide to try loads of times, write a thread about your frustration, and say you are retiring... still not asking for help...

Is it just me or does the whole point of this thread seem a bit stupid? :p

Archived