Do you resign your post if.......

No. I stay till I'm sacked or bored. On my FM10 save I'm back on, I was at Liverpool for 8, Spurs for 4-5, West Ham for half(got bored of them), back at Liverpool now, and have had two England Stints both of about 6 years. Not been sacked by any of them, I've only left when I wanted to leave.

the club can get a new manager with a fresh approach.

i've never left a club after winning countless trophies then having one bad season...

plus when i have left a successful club, the AI manager always does his best to destroy the beast you created!

Well, usually the only way I can finish worse than before is if I reach 1st finally and then the next season dont, in which case, well I'd have gotten champions league football in england at least, so it wouldnt matter that much, get some new signings, move on.

Depends on where we did finish. If we still went long ways in cups, and was close to promotion/league title etc then I stay on and try get back to good heights. If I feel I can't take the club any further then I resign.

I resign when I'm bored at a club, usually after the third or fouth season. If I fail in the last season or I havent made much progress it helps a bit. The last club I managed I stayed for 5 seasons, but when the 5th season turned out to be worse than the other 4 and progress was non-existent anymore, I resigned. It seems only logical that a manager leaves if he feels he fails. It's tricky cause reputation grows only slowly, so to leave your post is quite tricky, especially in lower league. I spent a whole season on a 'apply to all holiday' waiting for a club that wanted me.

But I actually think there should be more sacking of human managers. A manager that stays at a club for more than 5 years is a rare thing. Most boards kick them out in due time if results are begging and its time for a fresh breeze. It seems that in FM you can stay at a club forever if you want to.

But I've also resigned after I got my team promoted. I thought my chances of a better club would improve. It didn't unfortunately..

Archived