Any Aussie Play this game!!

Heh.. join us yanks. Same thing here, especially for a game called Football Manager when it's called soccer here. Honestly I never understood that at all, just typical American stupidity I guess.

But there are a couple of people that play the A-league at least, not sure if they are Aussies though, I'm sure there are a couple though. To bad A-league needs work, just like the MLS... but they should fix it, they have improved the MLS.

Just make sure to post in the league specific issues boards often. I can't imagine it would be that hard for them to fix for FM12 since they fixed a lot of the MLS and as far as I know they have very similar systems what with all the restrictions and the salary cap. Just have to make sure they give you Aussies your fair share of attention or they'll just keep focusing on Europe.

Yer good point. I won like 8 seasons in a row with brisbane and 3 ACL titles yet the league rep went down from 11th to 22nd.. So pointless lol

Yeah.. i make a save for my fav MLS team just because of being a fan of course... then I make a second or third save for Europe to get a full experience. lol

Kinda lame, but oh well, Euro football is slightly more interesting to watch then MLS anyway, irl. *shrug*

Heh, poor Aussies.. seriously, every thing i hear is that everything is ridiculously expensive, especially for gamers. I honestly feel bad.

To put it in perspective, the game is STILL priced at $90USD by Sega for Australians. Two aspects here: it has been almost half a year since it was released (price hasn't dropped), it is at $90USD (ridiculous). This is on Steam btw, where Sega sets the prices.

I play :). Aussie from sydney. But the prices are ridiculous considering how close we are to the american dollar. We get ripped off on itunes as well. I buy almost all of my games online (hard copies, from ebay and similar sites) now. Saves a tonne and half the time you can get them earlier. I never found the A-league fun to play because its only 10 teams in a 1 tier system. I usually download and play one of the database edits you can find in the hideout. Some great content there, and its fun playing LLM in Australia .

I play :). Aussie from sydney. But the prices are ridiculous considering how close we are to the american dollar. We get ripped off on itunes as well. I buy almost all of my games online (hard copies, from ebay and similar sites) now. Saves a tonne and half the time you can get them earlier. I never found the A-league fun to play because its only 10 teams in a 1 tier system. I usually download and play one of the database edits you can find in the hideout. Some great content there, and its fun playing LLM in Australia .

That's the same reason I don't play the A-League, one tier without relegation/promotion is no fun. I mean, I can understand why it operates that way, but it's not much fun from a FM perspective.

How do A-League clubs that get relegated fair financially in the second tier?

In real life they would go bankrupt in an instant, most Australian teams struggle to make ends meet and get fans through the gate when they're in the top flight. Although I'm sure this edit would be fun to play, I'd be a bit troubled from a realism perspective - but that's just me.

Yep - one here, and I know two others.

Retail games are a joke in Australia. So overpriced, like a lot of other things. I remember seeing CM4 on sale in a shop years after it was obsolete for like 90 bucks.

FM is a great way to learn about world football as we don't see much football on TV here apart from the highest profile stuff.

A bit too quiet for me, Melbourne is my favourite city of anywhere in Oz so far.

I went to Melbourne for the Ashes in December and loved it! I also watched a Melbourne Victory game whilst I was there (I think it was against Newcastle Jets with a last minute winner to MV) and I loved it!

g'day mate, yes i am an aussie and have played since the very first release all those years and years ago but like other people have stated i buy most of my games online much cheaper.

Cheers,

kymsheba

I went to Melbourne for the Ashes in December and loved it! I also watched a Melbourne Victory game whilst I was there (I think it was against Newcastle Jets with a last minute winner to MV) and I loved it!

The Melbourne derby at the Etihad was amazing. I made a point of visining every ground last season, saw a game everywhere except the Westpac - Bon Jovi had the game moved after I'd booked my flights.

When i bought this from my local Jb Hi Fi in Brisbane first day of release, i brought the game. Week later asked how many had been sold only 2 copies... I feel so alone over here. People dont even know what football manager is. :(

it is probably because the aussies usually do things in groups, they play the a league, decide to regroup and then go get a beer

I'm not an Aussie but I live in New Zealand and used to work in games at JB Hi-Fi here, so I would always get FM on release day! I would also push the game so much to customers that we'd always sell out as well, and I'd have to call my games buyer to get us some more shipments in. I'm pretty sure they must have been confused as to why this one store would keep selling out of a game that wasn't supposed to be very popular! :p

Archived