FM 2011 Player stats a complete joke

Why are Si Games continuing to under rate players also over rate player? I really think its about time the brought an editing tool out with the game where you can edit players stats as you see fit as you cant do it with the normal editor as some stats must be hard coded or something, surely if you think a player should have a 20 for a certain attribute then we should be able to do it, some people might say thats cheating and there a no player worth 20 for all stats but maybe some people want to do it just to add a little piece of fantasy fun, i know you can edit stats with fmrte but that doesnt work as the stats drop after a month or two and you have to edit them all again, so from now on please si will you let it be possible to edit anyone stats with the editor to what we want as it would be real fun and i know thousands more would agree too

Of course you can edit it in the editor, everything can be edited...

I know you can edit with the editor, but if you actually read what i said you will see i wanting to make some players all 20 for his stats for a fantasy game, you cant do theis with the editor, even if he has a CA off 200 as Si games have hard coded the stats so you cant do this

Another thing, why do they have Pedro who plays for Barcelona with a PA of 160? Come on get real the guy was in the World Cup winnijng Spain side he is also a regular with Barcelona and is a very talented player....this is the sort of thing that bugs me too

You could change his PA if you disagree with it that much. People will never agree fully on how everyone is rated it will always be like that. You could download FMRTE but a few people say they have problems with using it and it can corrupt your game but 100's of others use it with no problems at all.

You could change his PA if you disagree with it that much. People will never agree fully on how everyone is rated it will always be like that. You could download FMRTE but a few people say they have problems with using it and it can corrupt your game but 100's of others use it with no problems at all.

YES Ive mentioned all of what you have mentioned in my post if you actually read it, like i said earlier i wanting Si Games to release an editor where we can edit the hard coded stuff

You moaned about Pedro which is something you can fix yourself. If it was a single player game it takes one click in FMRTE to up a players stats to 20 for everything so you could load the game every month and press one button. I doubt 1000's of others would agree with you.

I know you can edit with the editor, but if you actually read what i said you will see i wanting to make some players all 20 for his stats for a fantasy game, you cant do theis with the editor, even if he has a CA off 200 as Si games have hard coded the stats so you cant do this

You cant make everyone have 20 stat for everything as they have a different weighting, think the most you could do is 15 for all stats, also CA only goes upto 200 which is another reason why you cant do this

You cant make everyone have 20 stat for everything as they have a different weighting, think the most you could do is 15 for all stats, also CA only goes upto 200 which is another reason why you cant do this

Is there any kind of guide which show you how many points you lose per stat upgrade

I did read what you said, and at no point did you say about editing EVERY stat to 20 at the same time. Someone mentioned making a player good in every position once, as this overcame the attribute weighting, but im not sure if that still works

I did read what you said, and at no point did you say about editing EVERY stat to 20 at the same time. Someone mentioned making a player good in every position once, as this overcame the attribute weighting, but im not sure if that still works

Your saying your not sure if this still works, what did he actually do as ill give it a try now

in FMRTE you can use the freeze option which freezes the players stats no matter how you set them

Wow i never knew this, but does this mean if his Ca is 190 and his Pa is 195 since you have freezed it his ca wont increase ?

Wow i never knew this, but does this mean if his Ca is 190 and his Pa is 195 since you have freezed it his ca wont increase ?

he can have a CA and PA of 1 but if you set all his stats manually to 20 and freeze him they will stay like that until you turn FMRTE off.

yes, it will be frozen, wont go up or down, there really is no need to use it imo. As if you make a player with 200ca, he will be plenty good enough as long as you increase the right sats for the position he plays in. any team full of players with 180ca plus will be virtually unbeatable!!

three things about your rant about pedro...

1. SI dont deal with stats/CA/PA etc etc thats done by the outside researchers for each team...

2. No doubt Pedro is a talented youngster...but i think his PA is spot on...he plays on an extremely talented team who could put chances on a plate that would make Emile Hesky look prolific...who says he would be the kind of player he is now if he came through at a different team...? plus ive never sat back and thought, wow that guy is world beater, one of the best players in the world...

3. Stats arent everything...

yes, it will be frozen, wont go up or down, there really is no need to use it imo. As if you make a player with 200ca, he will be plenty good enough as long as you increase the right sats for the position he plays in. any team full of players with 180ca plus will be virtually unbeatable!!

This is not all true as i beat Real Madrid in friedly with dundee, its al down to tactics

three things about your rant about pedro...

1. SI dont deal with stats/CA/PA etc etc thats done by the outside researchers for each team...

2. No doubt Pedro is a talented youngster...but i think his PA is spot on...he plays on an extremely talented team who could put chances on a plate that would make Emile Hesky look prolific...who says he would be the kind of player he is now if he came through at a different team...? plus ive never sat back and thought, wow that guy is world beater, one of the best players in the world...

3. Stats arent everything...

Well he actually made his name with Barcelona B team not Barcelona

he can have a CA and PA of 1 but if you set all his stats manually to 20 and freeze him they will stay like that until you turn FMRTE off.

So once i freeze his stats i cant turn off fmrte? What happens when i save my game at night?

This is not all true as i beat Real Madrid in friedly with dundee, its al down to tactics

VIRTUALLY UNBEATABLE!! i think you'll find real madrid only have about 3 players with a ca over 180 and about 5 players with a pa over 180. do you never find that for some reason you alwys win most friendlies, i do, no matter who you play!

So once i freeze his stats i cant turn off fmrte? What happens when i save my game at night?

you can save and play regularly but every time you play that save you need to turn FMRTE on and freeze the player again

Regarding Pedro, I believe there is a long standing debate in the Spanish press about whether he is the real deal or a very lucky boy who looks better than he is because of the players he is surrounded by. I believe the general consensus is tipping towards the former, but was previously heavily weighted towards the latter. However, it is by no means clear cut.

SI's Barcelona researcher is hardly going to step up and determine that Pedro is / will be world class when surrounded by such a debate. He's going to play it safe and offer up a good top flight PA, but not a world class one.

I like this, someone complaining that SI is being too realistic in not letting a player have 20 for each stat. There is no real reason for them to have this as part of the game tbh. As people said, editing the stats with a real time editor is the perfect work round if you want to.

On the over/under estimating of a players ability. It is a really rather subjective area really, and noone can get everything perfect. I have never really felt a player to be under or over estimated except for young players who subsequently show themselves to be the real deal, or otherwise. If you disagree on this I am sure you can talk to the researcher, there is a sub forum for it.

pedro deserves like 165-172 i think. now can some1 tell me why steven fletcher and shane long r so good in the game. i dunno fletcher but long being irish i know. he has some nice qualities but he will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever score more than 14 goals in top flight football, he just doesnt have it in him. yet in fm he has scored 26 goals with newcastle. i cud understand if he was on a brilliant team but he was the 1 carring the team.

I don't see how it should be a complete joke, just due to this. A somewhat bold statement for an issue which only affects people who want to create a very unrealistic scenario...

:thdn:

Regarding Pedro, I believe there is a long standing debate in the Spanish press about whether he is the real deal or a very lucky boy who looks better than he is because of the players he is surrounded by. I believe the general consensus is tipping towards the former, but was previously heavily weighted towards the latter. However, it is by no means clear cut.

SI's Barcelona researcher is hardly going to step up and determine that Pedro is / will be world class when surrounded by such a debate. He's going to play it safe and offer up a good top flight PA, but not a world class one.

exactly this!

Plus he has a lot of CA points used up because of his two footedness.

Somewhat agree with the OP - we shouldn't need a weighted average constraining attributes (although a weighted average is useful as a guide). Of course, this means throwing CA (and therefore PA) out of the window.

20 for every stat is an absolute joke anyway nobody even comes close to that and i mean nobody, is everyone going to agree with the pa and ca of every player? No of course not but youre basically ranting because you cant make players absolutely ridiculous, heres an idea try playing without cheating you might enjoy the game a bit more.

With this CA/PA system, we can't create some legends like Péle. When I create him in editor and give him 200 Ca and attributes to reflect his play. But his attributes dropped when I start a new game because it's higher than the limits.

20 for every stat is an absolute joke anyway nobody even comes close to that and i mean nobody, is everyone going to agree with the pa and ca of every player? No of course not but youre basically ranting because you cant make players absolutely ridiculous, heres an idea try playing without cheating you might enjoy the game a bit more.

Is editing for fun cheating?

No, it's not! It's editing!

Spin it however you want too, whatever makes you feel better.

To cheat is to gain an unfair advantage. The OP just wants unconstrained attributes - which might work to his disadvantage, even.

People like you see an editor and scream "cheat!" without even thinking whether the poster actually intends to gain an advantage or is, you know, just messing around with the editor, which, I don't know... Alters reality?

For people saying that the CA/PA system is a joke, what was the alternative? I've played since CM 01/02 and i didn't even know what CA/PA was until FM 2009, so did the older games not work off a similar principle?

I knew all about CA and Pa when Cm 01/02 wa around and to be honest it was more real then upto about fm 2006 then it all changed.............i think the two footed bug has affected it alot

I knew all about CA and Pa when Cm 01/02 wa around and to be honest it was more real then upto about fm 2006 then it all changed.............i think the two footed bug has affected it alot

Great.

Hopefully someone could answer my question though? Thanks

For people saying that the CA/PA system is a joke, what was the alternative? I've played since CM 01/02 and i didn't even know what CA/PA was until FM 2009, so did the older games not work off a similar principle?

No CA and PA. Attributes move freely - no more faffing around with players with high physical attributes having to compensate elsewhere, and no more faffing around with two-footedness hurting attributes.

Then PA with a variant that takes into account why a player is talented. It may not be a limit, but then again, it doesn't have to be.

No CA and PA. Attributes move freely - no more faffing around with players with high physical attributes having to compensate elsewhere, and no more faffing around with two-footedness hurting attributes.

Then PA with a variant that takes into account why a player is talented. It may not be a limit, but then again, it doesn't have to be.

Then what decided how did the attributes changed? Was it simply down to which areas they were training? For example if every player was on the exact same training schedule, would every attribute go up by the same amount in every area?

I've always thought that in the newer versions of FM, if you trained someone's shooting over another attribute, his finishing or long shots attribute would increase more than his others, but it was always limited by the difference in his CA and PA. Was the old system limitless, so it meant young players would have ridiculous stats a few years in?

Then what decided how did the attributes changed? Was it simply down to which areas they were training? For example if every player was on the exact same training schedule, would every attribute go up by the same amount in every area?

It doesn't have to be. For example, it could be easier to increase attributes are low, but difficult to get from 19 to 20.

Some attributes may be more difficult to train than others.

Just because there are no limits does not mean the game will go berserk and out of control with super-high attributes.

The game likely doesn't have a "maximum score" attribute, but we don't see 40-40 scorelines all the time.

To cheat is to gain an unfair advantage. The OP just wants unconstrained attributes - which might work to his disadvantage, even.

People like you see an editor and scream "cheat!" without even thinking whether the poster actually intends to gain an advantage or is, you know, just messing around with the editor, which, I don't know... Alters reality?

Not at all ive edited myself a few times if i disagree or think a player deserves a few extra points but i wouldnt go as far as give unlimited potential and every stat a 20 that is cheating, fact. He said in the first post that si over and under rates players which of course everyone has their views on and they can use the editor to do it.

Not at all ive edited myself a few times if i disagree or think a player deserves a few extra points but i wouldnt go as far as give unlimited potential and every stat a 20 that is cheating, fact.

Cheating is, by definition, getting an unfair advantage. But what if he is just experimenting, or putting the player into an opposition team?

The editor exists so we can mess around with "reality", whether it be for fun or for "realism".

Even if he was "cheating", it doesn't deserve this:

heres an idea try playing without cheating you might enjoy the game a bit more.

Your definition of "fun" is not everyone's definition of "fun". Which is why we have a forum devoted to editing and modding the game. There is no need to force your definition on the OP. He clearly finds editing and messing around with the game "fun".

SI don't tell us how to play the game "correctly" - there is no such thing as playing a game "correctly", more so a sandbox game like Football Manager.

Archived