Profit or Loss?

Do you make a profit or loss generally?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you make a profit or loss generally?

• Profit
    • Loss

I'm just curious to find out whether you make a profit or loss over a year?

I'd imagine players who manage big clubs you spend more which and make a loss whereas lower league teams use free transfers and loans so they dont lose as much money

So which do you generally have - profit or loss?

A loss and lower league. I'm well under wage budget and never paid for a single player. I'm losing about 200k a year. I dont know why. If it was real life every lower league club would be bankrupt after a 2 years. Except in this my chairman keeps sticking in 100k here and there and a takeover cleared 300k of debts.

I had the exact same problem in fm2010

I can usually make big profits for big clubs, but at lower league I usually go for losses and hope the success puts the money back in the bank, I never smash the wage budgets though usually just go a bit over and until im in the championship usually barely spend any money on transfers just go for free's from above which is higher wages.

At the end of the season, i generally make a profit when the big revenues come in; Prize Money and Champions League TV Money, but most teams will make a monthly loss in FM, as per real life really.

I do try and spend within my means now though, i'm managing Mainz in the German Bundesliga and our wage bill is £297,000 per week, which is good going considering we're challenging for the top 6 places.

Tottenham atm i only buy youth players and sell for a profit or play them when they get good. From running the club sustainably like this i have built up £149 mil balance, also helped from winning prem 5 times in a row and 3 champions leagues.

Every time I start a new save with Colorado the first season always burns through the 5 million they start with in the bank. No matter how little/much I buy/sell players, the money is always gone. After that I never make money, just break even no matter what I do.

Now when I say break even I don't mean after I upgrade facilities or anything... i can't spend much on buying players, never have enough to upgrade facilities, i can't do anything financially because it's impossible to make money.

SI's financial model is just poor... it might work for bigger teams with more sponsor income or larger stadiums for more ticket sales, but certainly doesn't work for all teams.

It depends, i usually have a liverpool save where i'll lose money at first as i try to buy a lot of players but then once i have a strong first team i only buy young players and then i'll start to make a profit.

Otherwise i usually play as a small club where making a profit is pretty important to grow in the future.

Archived