Agent says player not interested

change the players squad status to not required or listed by request as well as being a faviourite team and manager and he will soon change his mind

That would be cheating, wouldn't it?

Anyway, I fully accept that there are players that don't want to play in my club. It's rather realistic. When club agrees transfer, it just gives you right to discuss contract with player and if he doesn't want to discuss, then nothing to do.

It was just a moment of surprise when I had shortlisted 2-3 players to choose from during summer transfer window and then they all said after each other, that they're not interested in joining my club, so it kind of left me empty-handed.

I found that to avoid surprises it's good to ask your assman to filter out unrealistic targets, so you know which players are worth a bid and which are not.

I have similar problem since the patch. The assman and all my scouts say the player is interested in joining my club in the reports, but the agent refuses to negotiate. Then I submit a loan offer instead, and the player happily join. I think the problem here is the agent asshole.

I just got this one. Never seen it before.

*snip*

I didn’t get him by the way. Offered him 94K a week, huge bonuses and clauses, turned me down. I wasn’t going to sign him anyways, but it seems somewhat realistic. Why would you leave a title challenging Barcelona for a mid-table (in my save anyways), West Ham? I don’t think first-team games quite have enough over getting titles and being in one of the biggest teams in the world.

That’s just my two cents anyways.

• 2 months later...
I have similar problem since the patch. The assman and all my scouts say the player is interested in joining my club in the reports, but the agent refuses to negotiate. Then I submit a loan offer instead, and the player happily join. I think the problem here is the agent asshole.

I think this is the issue.

I currently have a player that states in media that he would like to join my club, but the agent say he is not interested in negotiation. I am the number one name on the agents disliked managers list.

Oh this happened to me with a 22yo FREE AGENT who got a whopping total of 8 apps in 6 seasons at Arsenal...

And now he's rotting on the free agents list because his agent (who has no opinion on me) decided he's not interested in a move to Chelsea?!

I can't find a non-laughable explaination for such a thing... in real life he'd probably kill to get a contract as reserve league/ballboy instead of sitting at home doing nothing...

Oh this happened to me with a 22yo FREE AGENT who got a whopping total of 8 apps in 6 seasons at Arsenal...

And now he's rotting on the free agents list because his agent (who has no opinion on me) decided he's not interested in a move to Chelsea?!

I can't find a non-laughable explaination for such a thing... in real life he'd probably kill to get a contract as reserve league/ballboy instead of sitting at home doing nothing...

Agents are a bit broken unfortunately. Not all of them all the time, but enough to notice.

Best was a L1 player wanting 5.25k (league highest earner IN THE DIVISON got 2.x k) the year we got promoted.

2 years later, after being released because of his ludicrous wage demands, the only teams interested in him were in L2, none ever bid, and he retired from football a few months after firing his agent. So even the AI agreed that his demands and aspirations were bugged.

I see...

Is there a workaround to such stupidity?

I've tried EVERY dirty trick in the book with FMRTE to make him join...

Agent likes me 100

He likes me 100

He likes Chelsea 100

Removed any link with Arsenal and Millwall

Lowered Ambition and Loyalty

STILL NOTHING!

Now I just WILL have him, as a matter of principle, even if I'll have to switch him with one of my crappy youngsters

I see...

Is there a workaround to such stupidity?

I've tried EVERY dirty trick in the book with FMRTE to make him join...

Agent likes me 100

He likes me 100

He likes Chelsea 100

Removed any link with Arsenal and Millwall

Lowered Ambition and Loyalty

STILL NOTHING!

Now I just WILL have him, as a matter of principle, even if I'll have to switch him with one of my crappy youngsters

Put his rep down. That should do it.

But there is something wrong with this.

How can it be that a player has me as favorite staff, I'm in a top club and he doesn't want to negotiate?

How can it be that after the first broken approach, the agent ask me every time more and more and more making the deal impossible?

How can it be that after the first broken approach, I have to wait i don't know how many weeks to approach a player expiring?

I can't imagine a situation where the player will say to his agent "hey i really like that club/manager, I'd like to go there"

The agent "no, I hate that boss, you stay here".

Ive been trying to get David De Gea for 2 seasons now. I praise him as often as I can. Declare my interest. Always get the offer accepted, but his agent says his client isnt interested in discussing terms. Doesnt help that the agent dislikes me.

I even tried to sign one of the agents clients and gave him a HOOOOOGE agent fee, but he still hates me.

Im resigned to not buying De Gea now and have put faith in a regen keeper I bought.

• Administrators
But there is something wrong with this.

How can it be that a player has me as favorite staff, I'm in a top club and he doesn't want to negotiate?

How can it be that after the first broken approach, the agent ask me every time more and more and more making the deal impossible?

How can it be that after the first broken approach, I have to wait i don't know how many weeks to approach a player expiring?

I can't imagine a situation where the player will say to his agent "hey i really like that club/manager, I'd like to go there"

The agent "no, I hate that boss, you stay here".

If you make an offer for a player which is rejected (either by negotiations or via the screen shown above where you're not even given the chance to make an offer) you have to wait a period of time before the agent will be prepared to listen for another offer at all.

If you make an offer for a player which is rejected (either by negotiations or via the screen shown above where you're not even given the chance to make an offer) you have to wait a period of time before the agent will be prepared to listen for another offer at all.

Generally I can agree with this, but a player with the contract expiring that don't have other teams interested and with the season over, you should be able to approach him now and then, I don't mean every day, but every week or so.

I know that there are many things to fix with agents, it's the first time this feature is in the game and like every new entry it can have problems, I can understand, I'm not blaming or screaming.

It's to help you developing this module in FM12 ;p

Archived