Job offers still broken

Hey i am currently managing Parma. my reputation is World class. i have 1 and half years left on my contract. yet as before with all previous patches. i never get jobs if i apply for them. i was offered a job with Roma once. it just seems no matter what, that if you actually apply for a job you don't get a sniff of it. which sucks, and makes the game pointless. am very upset sob sob :(:(:(

good point, but don't think that counts for National jobs. cant even get one of the tiny ones like Scotland :). and plus if I quit my club, and apply for jobs still don't get any. i am pretty sure this was a know issue before, and was hoping it would be fixed in this patch. but doesn't look like it.

The issue with the last patch was more when people made their reputation in smaller nations and couldn't get a job anywhere. For example someone could win everything with Ajax or Rangers and then struggle to get a job in the EPL or La Liga.

• Administrators
Hey i am currently managing Parma. my reputation is World class. i have 1 and half years left on my contract. yet as before with all previous patches. i never get jobs if i apply for them. i was offered a job with Roma once. it just seems no matter what, that if you actually apply for a job you don't get a sniff of it. which sucks, and makes the game pointless. am very upset sob sob :(:(:(

Compensation is a valid reason for the club not taking you on, if they can afford you (clubs set aside money for managers when they are looking for you), they might appoint you. Naturally a well respected unemployed manager will be a more attractive proposition for clubs looking for a new manager, than someone that will cost in compensation.

Compensation is a valid reason for the club not taking you on, if they can afford you (clubs set aside money for managers when they are looking for you), they might appoint you. Naturally a well respected unemployed manager will be a more attractive proposition for clubs looking for a new manager, than someone that will cost in compensation.

Will the new patch allow me to move from New Zealand at some point? I really struggled to get a job anywhere on the last patch when starting in a half star reputation league.

I went from Liverpool, to Man City to AC Milan on 11.2 so I'm not sure there is a problem? Not for me it seems anyway.

Bad problem with 11.2 patch, but seemed to be okay in the English Leagues for some reason. As a post said down below you could win everything with Ajax for years and still not get a sniff of a job elsewhere. I really do hope the situation has been sorted.

• Administrators
Will the new patch allow me to move from New Zealand at some point? I really struggled to get a job anywhere on the last patch when starting in a half star reputation league.

Yeah, you will be able to leave New Zealand.

Bad problem with 11.2 patch, but seemed to be okay in the English Leagues for some reason. As a post said down below you could win everything with Ajax for years and still not get a sniff of a job elsewhere. I really do hope the situation has been sorted.

Actually, you could leave Ajax it was just perhaps not as 'realistic' as you would expect. That said its been fixed in the patch in terms of being considered and accepted for new jobs.

Dunno if it was changed in 11.3 or if it's just me, but in my case being employed or not didn't make a difference. (at a high level, AC Milan, Man City, etc...)

Do you know who got the jobs you applied for ahead of you?

The Scotland job, Ally McCoist always seems to get it. after managing Rangers for less than a year. and any job in the EPL seems to go to Harry Redknapp, or Mick McCarthy, or some other poor journeyman manager who has won F all. Alan Curbishly is popular at the moment.

People have reported that this is now working a lot better for them, perhaps you're just unlucky.

I should ban you for saying Scotland are a tiny nation ;)

Well they where 62nd in the world rankings when I applied ;)

Just wanted to ask on 11.2 I won 3 premiership titles and 2 CL titles in a row with ManU + european championship with England and still I was only continental reputation. What do you have to do to be world class???

This is just odd. I remember getting rejected by Man City, (they were still outside the top 3 places) Milan, (they didn't do anything special either) Bayern, and even a couple of "smaller" clubs, yet I got accepted by Barcelona (CL runners-up) and Tottenham (EL and EPL holders)

I had Worldwide rep, and even tried to resign from my current club at the time but nothing. I was even beat by a former player with National rep and 0 experience... (resembling national team choices..)

Yeah, you will be able to leave New Zealand.

Actually, you could leave Ajax it was just perhaps not as 'realistic' as you would expect. That said its been fixed in the patch in terms of being considered and accepted for new jobs.

Hope so Lucas as your feedback and help a few months back, and listening to everyone was very much appreciated in getting the problem noticed.

Was having the problem of not getting a job in 11.2. World class rep and all. But yesterday, after updating with the new patch, just resigned from my post as Sunderland and Brazil manager. Waited abt 4 months, then Chelsea came for me. Maybe u shld try resigning from the job ?

People have reported that this is now working a lot better for them, perhaps you're just unlucky.

I should ban you for saying Scotland are a tiny nation ;)

How much of a problem is/was it? I'm currently trying a game as Chesterfield having rarely been anyone other than Everton. In the game I've got them to the top of the Championship and my rating is up to Continental. I've applied for jobs with the likes of Palace, Birmingham (League 1), Sheff United (League 1), Ipswich (League 1) and Barnsley (Championship). I was turned down for them all and lower reputed managers were appointed in each case.

Are there games where it isn't possible to change clubs? Am I wasting my time continuing with this save? Compensation isn't an issue as my contract is up at the end of the season and I only get paid £1,700 a week anyway.

How much of a problem is/was it? I'm currently trying a game as Chesterfield having rarely been anyone other than Everton. In the game I've got them to the top of the Championship and my rating is up to Continental. I've applied for jobs with the likes of Palace, Birmingham (League 1), Sheff United (League 1), Ipswich (League 1) and Barnsley (Championship). I was turned down for them all and lower reputed managers were appointed in each case.

Are there games where it isn't possible to change clubs? Am I wasting my time continuing with this save? Compensation isn't an issue as my contract is up at the end of the season and I only get paid £1,700 a week anyway.

maybe you were over-qualified!!

Started a new game, unemployed, reputation as an international footballer (Roger Milla) and I can't get a job, not even in the second divisions (Liga Adelante, Championship, 2.Bundesliga and Italian Serie B). My manager has continental rep, I apply to every position on those leagues and above and nothing happens!

Started a new game, unemployed, reputation as an international footballer (Roger Milla) and I can't get a job, not even in the second divisions (Liga Adelante, Championship, 2.Bundesliga and Italian Serie B). My manager has continental rep, I apply to every position on those leagues and above and nothing happens!

Desperate much? Surely a manager with a Continental reputation wouldn't want to go manage in the lower leagues, would he? I've just checked the English Championship on my save and there are only -3- members of staff with a continental reputation in the entire division. None are managers, there is an assistant manager, a first team coach and a goalkeeping coach. In the case of the GK coach his continental reputation is probably because he is also England's GK coach, I didn't look at the other two...

You are aiming too LOW! Apply only for top division jobs.

Archived