Is it just me or do players want to rot in the reserves?

Using patch 11.2.1, happens with FMRTE and without FMRTE, no mods, no edits.

I've seen clubs like Man City just let multi dozen million dollar signings rot in the reserves (nothing new) but then I see poor clubs and even money wise clubs like Arsenal doing the same (bought some Slovenia striker and used him 3 times per season for the previous 3 years, never scored. And the players don't complain at all. Only players I see transfered are top quality players being listed for pennies even though they played awesome the previous season and aren't old at all.

Like Man Utd have signed Fernando Gago for $21m from Koln (he moved there on a free). And haven't used him once in the league during the 2 years he has been there. They bought him and dropped him into reserves right after buying him. And Real Madrid kept him for 3 years and only played 1 match each year (with the exception of the 2nd which was 5) until his contract ran out. I use this as an example because this is the most clear example and speaks for the rest.

Now Man City is even more ridiculous but I'm not going to bother arguing them because I know people will simply say that that's what City does.

I wouldn't say the transfer market is that broken (still far from perfect, granted)... it's more a case of AI squad selection

Most managers would give new signings brought for silly money quite a few games, and only drop them if they play poor or another issue arises

Squad Selection is still pretty one-dimensional, which is why AI teams get weaker and weaker in comparison to human teams as time goes on

I would disagree and say the transfer market is still pretty much broken. It is still near impossible to get any sort of half decent money for your players. When you loan them to a club with an option to buy the club always make an offer but your player always asks for 70-80 percent of his wages still to be paid while he is at the other club. Ridiculous.

I would disagree and say the transfer market is still pretty much broken. It is still near impossible to get any sort of half decent money for your players. When you loan them to a club with an option to buy the club always make an offer but your player always asks for 70-80 percent of his wages still to be paid while he is at the other club. Ridiculous.

I respect that you may get this, however, I personally rarely have had this problem

The only time I get lower than value price is when I've got the players transfer listed, and quite frankly I'm happy to let them go for lower amounts at that point as I have zero use for them and they are simply increasing my wage bill

Of course, for younger players who are very likely to get another transfer at some point, I ensure a sell-on percentage is in the transfer as well

I havn't had any half decent offer for ANY of my players...3 and a half seasons in!. Even ones who aint on the transfer list. Even then, players that are worth £6m that are on the transfer list, Im getting offers around 1.2m!. I dont care if you say that if they are on the transfer list then you wont get decent money but come on, 1.2m!. It is totally unrealistic. This transfer window we have now in the Premier League will prove my point. Yes, you will have some loans but there will still be players ranging from average to good moving for some half decent money, wait and see. The BS the FM team are spouting about the transfer market in the game reflecting the change in the economy of the real life game is a load of smokescreen action. You wait and see what type of prices players are going for around the world and tell me if it is reflected in the same manner within the game. I mean, Ben Arfa has already been signed by Newcastle for a fee thought to be between £5-8m. Robbie Keane will probably go for between £5-7m too. There will be a lot more signings of this nature between now and the end of January so when all is said and done, please tell me that the transfer system is still not flawed.

i just made £27m selling youngsters and fringe players at AC, only one out of the 7 i sold went for less than what i asked, so its not that bad.

I may have to try starting an Italian or Spanish league because every single time I start a Premiership game this transfer system is a mess. Maybe its solely down to the Premiership. I will soon find out. I would love to be able to get the likes of £27m in for my players because on older FM's, that has always been my strong point, buying and selling. I always have a healthy bank balance and have the club in good nick financially. This FM I am shelling out for players but am getting no decent offers whatsoever for my players, regardless if they are transfer listed or not.

I tend to play Premiership quite alot, and I rarely have the same problems

I will quite often sell first-teamers on the verge of being replaced for upto 4 times their shown value

Of course, Juventus paying £20M for a near world class defender and simply never playing him in a joke in itself, but that's down to AI team selection as he was far better than the back 4 they continued to play

The BS the FM team are spouting about the transfer market in the game reflecting the change in the economy of the real life game is a load of smokescreen action.

This is something some of us have said from day one of release (and some mentioned it for the demo)

The fact that Sunderland will often spend £20-30M in the first Jan window is simply a bloody joke, most teams would kill to be able to spend that in a window these days, yet in FM most of the top league teams get it like it's spare change (And Sunderland in my current game still spent another £17.5M the following summer --- £42M inside 8 months)

In the current climate, very few teams can afford that type of spending power

Well now I am real annoyed. How the hell are people getting rid of players so easy?. I get offers of £1.2m for Bentley. £1.5m for Keane. £2.5m for Jenas. That is with the players not on the transfer list. If they are on the transfer list then the offers dont bear speaking about. That is my biggest gripe. In one respect, SI said that the transfer problems within the transfer system with the released version was down to them replicating the change in economy in football (which is over the top to say the least) then on the next patch I see lots of teams active in the market, buying players for pretty big sums of money but I cant seem to get rid of any of my players for any worthwhile money. Its like they have tried to solve one problem by creating another. And to Chalky, thats the thing aswell, the face values in the game are ridiculous. How can you justify getting offers for Robbie Keane of between 1-2m. They need to re-evaluate player valuations and change the transfer systemm accordingly. Is it too much to ask to be able to wheel and deal a bit, Im not saying I want silly money for all the players I want to sell but at the moment their is a massive gulf in the amount you have to pay to aquire players and the prices you recieve for your own players, which like I said in my earlier post, will be shown to be well off key after this current transfer system ends at the end of this month.

I keep getting two bugs. Clubs offer way below market value or they offer twice of the market value (only when market value is very low). Either way I never get what I should. I get horrid offers for top players all the time. Turan, Afellay, Aguero, Forlan, etc. etc. Completely horrid offers.

Well now I am real annoyed. How the hell are people getting rid of players so easy?. I get offers of £1.2m for Bentley. £1.5m for Keane. £2.5m for Jenas. That is with the players not on the transfer list. If they are on the transfer list then the offers dont bear speaking about. That is my biggest gripe. In one respect, SI said that the transfer problems within the transfer system with the released version was down to them replicating the change in economy in football (which is over the top to say the least) then on the next patch I see lots of teams active in the market, buying players for pretty big sums of money but I cant seem to get rid of any of my players for any worthwhile money. Its like they have tried to solve one problem by creating another. And to Chalky, thats the thing aswell, the face values in the game are ridiculous. How can you justify getting offers for Robbie Keane of between 1-2m. They need to re-evaluate player valuations and change the transfer systemm accordingly. Is it too much to ask to be able to wheel and deal a bit, Im not saying I want silly money for all the players I want to sell but at the moment their is a massive gulf in the amount you have to pay to aquire players and the prices you recieve for your own players, which like I said in my earlier post, will be shown to be well off key after this current transfer system ends at the end of this month.

are you trying to sell these players in the first transfer window? are you playing them at all?

what i do find with the prem is a lot of what i would call fringe players are on massive amounts of money, the two you mentioned are both getting very good wages and the teams likely to pick them up dont want to pay that. Anyway in the game come the january transfer window the transfers pick up, players start moving for good sums of money so i dont see what your getting at, they stated that at the start of the game teams will be very unlikely to conduct transfer buisness, partly due to the worlds finances, and in football terms things are not great in this respect, and partly because teams have already done most of their buisness before we step into whatever management role we take.

I still have the problem well into the game. Its been 7 years and the problem is only getting worst. Big players are listed for pennies, you only get penny offers for your players. The worst offenders is Man City. Gareth Bale was used a lot the previous season and yet he is listed for under 7m and no one buys him. His wages aren't even that high. Other clubs do the samething. And some players never leave. Wilshere and Ramsey have been at Arsenal for SEVEN years without playing a game. They renewed their contracts too. It's completely stupid.

are you trying to sell these players in the first transfer window? are you playing them at all?

what i do find with the prem is a lot of what i would call fringe players are on massive amounts of money, the two you mentioned are both getting very good wages and the teams likely to pick them up dont want to pay that. Anyway in the game come the january transfer window the transfers pick up, players start moving for good sums of money so i dont see what your getting at, they stated that at the start of the game teams will be very unlikely to conduct transfer buisness, partly due to the worlds finances, and in football terms things are not great in this respect, and partly because teams have already done most of their buisness before we step into whatever management role we take.

I am 3 and a half seasons in. Some players I play a lot, some not. I NEVER get any good offers for any of my players. And like I said, when you say "partly due to the worlds finances" is a load of tosh. Look at the end of this transfer window and we will see what sums of money have changed hands, including that of players that are on high wages at their current club. Whatever way you look at it, FM 2011 does NOT replicate the real world transfer system in more ways than one. Players rotting in the reserves who would be bought by other clubs, silly low offers for your players that in real life would command much higher fees. Once more I will say it. At the end of this transfer window we will see how bad the worlds football economy is and it will prove that SI's insistence that the game reflects the worlds economy is a load of tosh. Ben Arfa has already moved to Newcastle for a sum of between £5-7m, Robbie Keane will more than likely leave Spurs for a fee of around £5-7m also (and he is a player with high wages). The transfer system is still highly flawed and the only way that my point will be proved all ends up is when you see the final patches release notes. I GUARANTEE that this issue is addressed and that will prove that the problem exists. It's not a coincidence that so many people still have a problem with it.

I am 3 and a half seasons in. Some players I play a lot, some not. I NEVER get any good offers for any of my players. And like I said, when you say "partly due to the worlds finances" is a load of tosh. Look at the end of this transfer window and we will see what sums of money have changed hands, including that of players that are on high wages at their current club. Whatever way you look at it, FM 2011 does NOT replicate the real world transfer system in more ways than one. Players rotting in the reserves who would be bought by other clubs, silly low offers for your players that in real life would command much higher fees. Once more I will say it. At the end of this transfer window we will see how bad the worlds football economy is and it will prove that SI's insistence that the game reflects the worlds economy is a load of tosh. Ben Arfa has already moved to Newcastle for a sum of between £5-7m, Robbie Keane will more than likely leave Spurs for a fee of around £5-7m also (and he is a player with high wages). The transfer system is still highly flawed and the only way that my point will be proved all ends up is when you see the final patches release notes. I GUARANTEE that this issue is addressed and that will prove that the problem exists. It's not a coincidence that so many people still have a problem with it.

you clearly ingnored the part where i said come january in the game teams start conducting transfers for good sums of money.

Just purely out of interest because some seem to say you cant sell players i started a spurs game this morning, Sold Keane for £4m, Bently for £3.9m, Dos Santos for £4.5m, Crouch for £5.5m all within two weeks of taken the job. Fair prices for all the players, didnt have to pay them wages to move and didnt struggle to find buyers. I can provide screen shots if its really needed.

You do realise the Ben Arfa deal was set up before now, it was a clause in the loan deal so that doesnt really count, newcastle had agreed that price before january.

you clearly ingnored the part where i said come january in the game teams start conducting transfers for good sums of money.

Just purely out of interest because some seem to say you cant sell players i started a spurs game this morning, Sold Keane for £4m, Bently for £3.9m, Dos Santos for £4.5m, Crouch for £5.5m all within two weeks of taken the job. Fair prices for all the players, didnt have to pay them wages to move and didnt struggle to find buyers. I can provide screen shots if its really needed.

You do realise the Ben Arfa deal was set up before now, it was a clause in the loan deal so that doesnt really count, newcastle had agreed that price before january.

Well you must be one of the very few people who manage to get them prices. And I didnt ignore the part where you said come January blah blah. I think you chose to ignore the part where I said "I am 3 and a half seasons in". The first line I wrote!. And like I said, when the January transfer window is finished we shall see what type of sums players have moved for. I am interested in your Spurs game. Did you get them sums of money by offering players out?. I would suspect so since you say you sold them within two weeks of taking the job.

Well you must be one of the very few people who manage to get them prices. And I didnt ignore the part where you said come January blah blah. I think you chose to ignore the part where I said "I am 3 and a half seasons in". The first line I wrote!. And like I said, when the January transfer window is finished we shall see what type of sums players have moved for. I am interested in your Spurs game. Did you get them sums of money by offering players out?. I would suspect so since you say you sold them within two weeks of taking the job.

yes the only thing i did with the game was to offer as many players out as i could, sold those players very quickly offered them out at the values they start the game with, couldnt get interest in ohara because of his injury but thats to be expected, just continued another day and sold jenas for $4.6m, so far in less than a month i have taken in almost £30m in transfer sales which to be honest kinda throws out the financial infulence argument i had stated. Teams are more than willing to buy the players off of me, i refuse to believe its anything to do with me personally so it must work in everybodys game, we are all playing off of the same code. Have you got all the patches installed?

yes the only thing i did with the game was to offer as many players out as i could, sold those players very quickly offered them out at the values they start the game with, couldnt get interest in ohara because of his injury but thats to be expected, just continued another day and sold jenas for $4.6m, so far in less than a month i have taken in almost £30m in transfer sales which to be honest kinda throws out the financial infulence argument i had stated. Teams are more than willing to buy the players off of me, i refuse to believe its anything to do with me personally so it must work in everybodys game, we are all playing off of the same code. Have you got all the patches installed?

Im fully patched up. What teams bought those players?. Hell, just post the screen shots if you could.

Im fully patched up. What teams bought those players?. Hell, just post the screen shots if you could.

sorry im not great at screen shots how do they work with FM? If someone can tell me ill post the transfers screen up.

list of transfers is:

Jenas - Athletico - £4.6m

crouch - liverpool - £5.5m

Bently - Villa - £3.9m

Dos Santos - Athletico - £4.7m

Kabouil - Birmingham - £6m

Pavlyuchenko - Sevilla - £5.25m

Bassong - Juve - £4.6m

Asso-Ekotto - £4.6m - Werder

i jumped the gun with the Keane transfer i had accept all offers on and he went on loan to everton with them having the option to sign him for £4m if they want

I also have two teams lurking about Kranjcar and Defoe but no offers yet.

sorry im not great at screen shots how do they work with FM? If someone can tell me ill post the transfers screen up.

list of transfers is:

Jenas - Athletico - £4.6m

crouch - liverpool - £5.5m

Bently - Villa - £3.9m

Dos Santos - Athletico - £4.7m

Kabouil - Birmingham - £6m

Pavlyuchenko - Sevilla - £5.25m

Bassong - Juve - £4.6m

Asso-Ekotto - £4.6m - Werder

i jumped the gun with the Keane transfer i had accept all offers on and he went on loan to everton with them having the option to sign him for £4m if they want

I also have two teams lurking about Kranjcar and Defoe but no offers yet.

What the hell is going on?. I cant for the life of me sell those players. I am gonna try reinstalling it and repatching it. Not sure how to take screenshots. Im sure someone on here knows though.

further update on players sold:

Huddlestone - £4.8m - CSKA Moscow

Lennon -£5.5m - Bham

Hutton - £3.6m - Man city

Corluka - £4.9m Herclues

Bale - £12.5m - Liverpool (not bad considering he starts the game valued at around £6m)

Dawson to Chelsea on loan with them having the option to sign for £5m

Naughton - £3 - Bolton

Palacios on loan to St Ettienne with them having the option to sign for £4.7m

I am trying to shift Modric for around £15m but no takers at the mo

so far i have shifted almost the entire first team squad and taken in £75m so far with more to follow if players on loan get signed.

further update on players sold:

Huddlestone - £4.8m - CSKA Moscow

Lennon -£5.5m - Bham

Hutton - £3.6m - Man city

Corluka - £4.9m Herclues

Bale - £12.5m - Liverpool (not bad considering he starts the game valued at around £6m)

Dawson to Chelsea on loan with them having the option to sign for £5m

Naughton - £3 - Bolton

Palacios on loan to St Ettienne with them having the option to sign for £4.7m

I am trying to shift Modric for around £15m but no takers at the mo

so far i have shifted almost the entire first team squad and taken in £75m so far with more to follow if players on loan get signed.

Huddlestone would go for at leats double that amount

Lennon also

Corluka would fetch around £7-8mBale=£12.5m is a joke for him. At least £20m+

Dawson should fetch around £8m also, especially as its Chelsea

Naughton is about right

Palacios would have fetched more around a year ago so maybe £4.7m is right.

Modric not being bought for £15m is silly also.

Huddlestone would go for at leats double that amount

Lennon also

Corluka would fetch around £7-8mBale=£12.5m is a joke for him. At least £20m+

Dawson should fetch around £8m also, especially as its Chelsea

Naughton is about right

Palacios would have fetched more around a year ago so maybe £4.7m is right.

Modric not being bought for £15m is silly also.

I dont overly rate Huddlestone but he would of probabaly taken a higher fee if i asked for it.

Bale would fetch more now in real life terms, but remember this game was coded before the start of this season, the player stats are all based on last seasons performances and last season Bale had not really played anywhere near the standard he has this season, hence why he is not valued higher in game, after january i would imagine his stats will have been looked at and his value in the game will be much higher and i will try again if you want and see how much i get for him, i would hope i could add another 10m onto that, anyway i got more than double his value, so it proves you can sell players for more than they are worth in the game.

Lennon comes under the same boat as Bale, much better this season than last, stats might go up after january.

Corluka might not fetch more than that, not now that hutton has taken his place in the side.

dawson maybe but there were offers but i accepted all offers and he took the loan offer from chelsea

Modric is the only one, but then again he is only valued at £6m in the game for whatever reason, i did get loan offers who would pay over £10m if they wanted to sign him.

You have to also remember, i offered all the players except Bale and Modric at thier face value, so why the hell would any team offer me more money than i offered the player out for, if your trying to offer players out for much more than they are worth then that is why you cant sell them, i have shown you can sell a whole squad very easily within a couple of game weeks, but i didnt ask for stupid prices. None of these players asked for me to pay their wages so i guess when that happens teams are having to pay too much and wont offer as much wages.

I think this proves the point anyway.

That is the root of the problem, the face values are ridiculous. Thats why you get crappy offers all the time. After last season Bale would and should be higher than £6m. Same goes with Hudd, Lennon, Modric, Corluka & Dawson. The game needs to realise that having players such as Modric face value at £7.5m (I think thats what he is valued at in the game) does not make sense, especially as we bought him for £16.5m. They dont really replicate players respective market value accurately at all because of the initial face values of the players.

That is the root of the problem, the face values are ridiculous. Thats why you get crappy offers all the time. After last season Bale would and should be higher than £6m. Same goes with Hudd, Lennon, Modric, Corluka & Dawson. The game needs to realise that having players such as Modric face value at £7.5m (I think thats what he is valued at in the game) does not make sense, especially as we bought him for £16.5m. They dont really replicate players respective market value accurately at all because of the initial face values of the players.

Well the thing is, in real life there is no face value of any player, no one says Rooney is worth exactly X amount in todays world, when teams want to buy players they will enquire about a price the club feels is right for the player, in this game we get to see the transfer market value of each player which no one in real life can see. Those players would attract a larger fee than i got because spurs wouldnt want to sell them, and anyone who wanted to buy these players would have to way over the odds to convince spurs to sell them whereas i actively tried to sell them, thats the huge difference. A prime example of this is when spurs paid over the odds for Bently because Blackburn didnt want to lose him, you cant tell me you would ever value him at £15m at any point in his career so far. Spurs also paid over the odds for Modric again because his club didnt want to lose him, until recently i dont think he has been completely worth the money, although he now is coming onto a very good game, like most of the spurs team.

You really need to understand that if you want to sell a player you will struggle to get more than the game values the player at, and to be honest why should you, if you want to keep a player you will demand a much larger fee.

Well the thing is, in real life there is no face value of any player, no one says Rooney is worth exactly X amount in todays world, when teams want to buy players they will enquire about a price the club feels is right for the player, in this game we get to see the transfer market value of each player which no one in real life can see. Those players would attract a larger fee than i got because spurs wouldnt want to sell them, and anyone who wanted to buy these players would have to way over the odds to convince spurs to sell them whereas i actively tried to sell them, thats the huge difference. A prime example of this is when spurs paid over the odds for Bently because Blackburn didnt want to lose him, you cant tell me you would ever value him at £15m at any point in his career so far. Spurs also paid over the odds for Modric again because his club didnt want to lose him, until recently i dont think he has been completely worth the money, although he now is coming onto a very good game, like most of the spurs team.

You really need to understand that if you want to sell a player you will struggle to get more than the game values the player at, and to be honest why should you, if you want to keep a player you will demand a much larger fee.

Of course there is no face value but there is an understanding of a players worth when you take into account his age, how much he was bought for, how long is remaining on their contract etc. Take Rooney for example. There is no set value for him but it is common knowledge that you wont be buying him for less than £40m +. Your right in your point that if a club dont want to get rid of a player then they ask for over the odds but even if a club does want to get rid of a player their price does not drop as dramatically as it does in the game. And Modric at £16.5m was a snip at the time because they got him just before a major tournament where he played real well. They wouldnt entertain offers less than £25m these days so no, it wasn't over the odds. The game fails to hit the right balancew of transfer values, big time.

Of course there is no face value but there is an understanding of a players worth when you take into account his age, how much he was bought for, how long is remaining on their contract etc. Take Rooney for example. There is no set value for him but it is common knowledge that you wont be buying him for less than £40m +. Your right in your point that if a club dont want to get rid of a player then they ask for over the odds but even if a club does want to get rid of a player their price does not drop as dramatically as it does in the game. And Modric at £16.5m was a snip at the time because they got him just before a major tournament where he played real well. They wouldnt entertain offers less than £25m these days so no, it wasn't over the odds. The game fails to hit the right balancew of transfer values, big time.

But there is nothing set in stone which says he is worth £40m, people speculate he may be worth that but no one has an exact figure of his value. Anyway you really dont seem to be getting the point irl man u wouldnt want to sell him so he they would ask for at least £40m before they would start to talk about his transfer. If Man Utd decided they wanted rid of Rooney the chances are they would take less than £40m, but clearly after whats happened recently they dont want to get rid of him. The only way you are going to make big money off any of your players is if you dont want to sell them but a team really wants to buy them, guess what just like in real life. There is nothing wrong with the valuations of the players in the game, again ill come back to the point that spurs up until this season were not playing half as good, yes they were decent enough last season but this year their players have really come onto a game, as i said i would imagine come january their values will go up a bit in the game.

Modric was relatively unproven when spurs signed him, he was a risk at £16.5m as no one knew if he would settle into the EPL, as it stands it has taken him a couple of seasons to settle in.

Unfortunately, without an overhaul of the AI, there has to be a face value

Personally I'd prefer there not be, and the AI evaluates what it thinks a target it's worth based on form, league, team, country, believed worth to the current team and contract details, and set a maximum it's willing to bid and then try and negotiate a final price

Likewise with selling, have a valuation set on the above (can even have this dynamic meaning such a price isn't calculated until the first transfer bid or enquiry is put in), come up with a minimum it wants for the player and try and get better

But, ala, I doubt such a system will be put into the game

Funny - this hasn't happened to me once?

I often loan out players with an option to buy, but I am yet to see the option being used.

In my experience the transfer market is working for my club (haven't been doing a lot of research on inter-AI transfers)I find it fairly easy to sell my able players. But difficult to unload my rubbish. And thats the way it should be.

However I find it strange that I have a few players I haven't been able to sell but that are fairly easy to loan out for a large fee. Actually I have been making good money from these players since I receive a fee of half/two thirds of their value year in year out. Since I have found the pattern with these players I want to stop doing it because it is an obvious exploit. That means I should restrict myself when demanding fees for loans. This should really be controlled by the game and not by me.

But there is nothing set in stone which says he is worth £40m, people speculate he may be worth that but no one has an exact figure of his value. Anyway you really dont seem to be getting the point irl man u wouldnt want to sell him so he they would ask for at least £40m before they would start to talk about his transfer. If Man Utd decided they wanted rid of Rooney the chances are they would take less than £40m, but clearly after whats happened recently they dont want to get rid of him. The only way you are going to make big money off any of your players is if you dont want to sell them but a team really wants to buy them, guess what just like in real life. There is nothing wrong with the valuations of the players in the game, again ill come back to the point that spurs up until this season were not playing half as good, yes they were decent enough last season but this year their players have really come onto a game, as i said i would imagine come january their values will go up a bit in the game.

Modric was relatively unproven when spurs signed him, he was a risk at £16.5m as no one knew if he would settle into the EPL, as it stands it has taken him a couple of seasons to settle in.

Right, once more I will say it to get it through to your head. When this transfer window is closed we will see what prices players go for, if they are unwanted by their club or not. The game goes over the top with rubbish offers for players that are being offered by their clubs, the balance ain't right.

loan to buys are a risk, but you just have to choose who you are loaning to.

with Bentley, i can loan to buy with a wealthy club such as Villa or Sunderland, and know, regardless of his so so form, that they will bid £8.5 million like they say they would. The hitch however, is the stupid AI trying to give him less than he is already on, which is idiotic since some of their players are on big wages. Still, that is not the transfer systems fault. Also, If i offer out Nico Kranjcar for £8-10mill, i know i will get a host of clubs offering around 7-8mill. Dos Santos will fetch for 4mill and so on. I've got complaints so far, but we can all agree the system needs some minor tweaking

Currenty in my game, the transfer system seems pretty good though iffy at times.

I have seen Sunderland buy Douglas Costa who is considered for top youngster of the year, Man City bought McGeady and playing him reagulary (for whatever reason silva is benched 12 appearances in 18 games but major games he is benched). Man Utd keep buying goalkeepers but are never happy with them but thats not a big deal cause they dont spend over 5 mil for any of them.

Though im only in the second season, my game is turning out pretty interesting. I was 10th in the league for the until i hit november and climbed back to second. Lower league teams are buying surprisingly good players. Only Man City have been making transfer mistakes so far. And on the other side of europe. Barcelona are signing every single youngster that pops up with a good rating.

So Far :

Atletico Madrid signed Henrique from Santos

Burnley signed Hlousek

Zenit signed Gervinho, Arturo Vidal

and much more.

its interesting so far at the very least.

Though in defense. Arsenal have bought 1 winger they only played 4 times, but they just sold him after having him for 1 year (january signing, january next year sold)

• 3 weeks later...
This transfer window we have now in the Premier League will prove my point. Yes, you will have some loans but there will still be players ranging from average to good moving for some half decent money, wait and see. The BS the FM team are spouting about the transfer market in the game reflecting the change in the economy of the real life game is a load of smokescreen action. You wait and see what type of prices players are going for around the world and tell me if it is reflected in the same manner within the game.

I think a "I told you so is in order". The amount of money in transfer fees this window is crazy. Now I wonder what the SI's and Milnerpoints of this world have to say about it. The total and utter BS talk of "the transfer market in the game reflects the change in the economy of the real life game" has been found out to be total and utter nonsense. They knew the transfer system was highly flawed but chose to come up with a **** & bull story to disguise this instead of manning up to the people who shelled out £30+ for this farce of an installment. Let's hope this final patch fixes the problems and maybe SI can come out of this with a smidgen of respect left. I won't be holding my breath though.

A side effect of this seams to be that the other teams get worse with every season.

Teams like Chelsea, City, Liverpool and Arsenal which where always very close matches in my first season get hammered by my improved side now.

Which is down to the fact that they buy strange players that don't even benefit them.

One of the worst teams in that regard is Bayern Munich they constantly buy mediocre players and are already a mid table team in the Bundesliga.

Chelsea is also constantly getting worse with every season and all they buy is strange mediocre players at the age of 27+ that don't help them progress at all.

So the league gets easier and easier with every season.

I think that department really needs some work.

Still waiting for the "the market in the game reflects the real life economy" brigade. This transfer window put paid to that feeble argument.

actually, take Chelsea and Liverpool out of the equation and you will find the transfer market in the game reflects life quite well.

http://www.footballtransfers.co.uk/football-transfers/highest-transfer-fees-2011/

without those two teams there were 3 transfers over £5m in the whole world in january, the game definitely reflects this.

actually, take Chelsea and Liverpool out of the equation and you will find the transfer market in the game reflects life quite well.

http://www.footballtransfers.co.uk/football-transfers/highest-transfer-fees-2011/

without those two teams there were 3 transfers over £5m in the whole world in january, the game definitely reflects this.

Sorry that argument doesn't fly.

Who knows if Newcastle had more time to spend the 35m they could have spent it on mulitple >5m transfers which could have generated more spending down the chain.

Sorry that argument doesn't fly.

Who knows if Newcastle had more time to spend the 35m they could have spent it on mulitple >5m transfers which could have generated more spending down the chain.

and who says that they would have spent that money, we have to deal with the hard facts here, without Chelsea this transfer window would have been very very quite, Liverpool would most likely not have signed Suarez and Carrol, definately not them both. The only surprising thing this window was Chelsea, no one expected them to drop £80m based on their spending habbits of late, everyone knows man city will drop money whenever they want, the game reflects this they will spend easily £50m in the first season in the game. I guess the bent one was surprising i would hold my hands up and say the game does not reflect that but again no one in the world would expect Villa to drop that kind of money.

and who says that they would have spent that money, we have to deal with the hard facts here, without Chelsea this transfer window would have been very very quite, Liverpool would most likely not have signed Suarez and Carrol, definately not them both. The only surprising thing this window was Chelsea, no one expected them to drop £80m based on their spending habbits of late, everyone knows man city will drop money whenever they want, the game reflects this they will spend easily £50m in the first season in the game. I guess the bent one was surprising i would hold my hands up and say the game does not reflect that but again no one in the world would expect Villa to drop that kind of money.

I think Liverpool's interest in Suarez was before the Torres deal was even mentioned, so you can't really say Liverpool's money all come from Chelsea.

Regardless of whether anyone could have foreseen it, on hindsight you would agree that SI's model of the market is wrong?

So it should be changed in 11.3 since we start at the beginning of the 2010/11 season?

Back to the OP the problem seems to be with AI squad registration & buying in what should be first teamers & not having the space to register them

Just a couple of examples I've seen:

Adam Johnson at Man City didn't get a league game for 4 seasons. He was totally happy during this time & never transfer listed until I snapped him up for £1.5 million

Man Utd signed Steven Taylor in January for near enough £8 million. An interesting signing I thought so I checked a few months later & he's only played a couple of cup games. Obviously their squad was too big to register him

I think Liverpool's interest in Suarez was before the Torres deal was even mentioned, so you can't really say Liverpool's money all come from Chelsea.

Regardless of whether anyone could have foreseen it, on hindsight you would agree that SI's model of the market is wrong?

So it should be changed in 11.3 since we start at the beginning of the 2010/11 season?

i wouldnt say its wrong at all, outiwth england the highest fee paid was £3m, hardly a sign that clubs have lots of money flying around. there really is no way either of us can prove that Liverpool didnt anticipate Torres leaving and made strides to sort that before letting it be public knowlage he wanted to leave, if you look at their outlay for the window, its less than £9m, again not really a sign they had tons of cash lying about before the Torres deal. Chelsea will always have access to massive funds as do man city, but outwith those two clubs no one really has money to spend, Man U have not spent big in a few seasons, Barcelona are in massive amounts of debt, even Real Madrid had to make do with a loan signing as they have spent their budget for the season, they wanted to sign Ruud but that would have cost £1-2M by the reports in the papers, again not a sign that they have massive amounts of free cash. the problem is Chelsea have scewed the transfer window by doing the unexpected, i don think there is anyway to programme that into the game is there? The Bent deal really is the only thing SI have wrong in my eyes in regards to the transfer window that is not really reflected in the game but then again like i say how do you programme something as unexpected as that?

i wouldnt say its wrong at all, outiwth england the highest fee paid was £3m, hardly a sign that clubs have lots of money flying around. there really is no way either of us can prove that Liverpool didnt anticipate Torres leaving and made strides to sort that before letting it be public knowlage he wanted to leave, if you look at their outlay for the window, its less than £9m, again not really a sign they had tons of cash lying about before the Torres deal. Chelsea will always have access to massive funds as do man city, but outwith those two clubs no one really has money to spend, Man U have not spent big in a few seasons, Barcelona are in massive amounts of debt, even Real Madrid had to make do with a loan signing as they have spent their budget for the season, they wanted to sign Ruud but that would have cost £1-2M by the reports in the papers, again not a sign that they have massive amounts of free cash. the problem is Chelsea have scewed the transfer window by doing the unexpected, i don think there is anyway to programme that into the game is there? The Bent deal really is the only thing SI have wrong in my eyes in regards to the transfer window that is not really reflected in the game but then again like i say how do you programme something as unexpected as that?

I'm not sure you're getting my point here.

I'm not trying to say "SI is wrong because they should have predicted the unexpected massive spending from Liverpool and Aston Villa"

I'm saying "Given that we now know some clubs do have money, maybe SI should tweak the finances in patch 11.3"

Why do you insist on arguing from the premise I'm trying to say (1) when I've been saying (2)?

Even you admitted that SI didn't get the Aston Villa one right, so why do you then insist that nothing should be changed in the patch?

Archived