Is it just me or do players want to rot in the reserves?

I'm not sure you're getting my point here.

I'm not trying to say "SI is wrong because they should have predicted the unexpected massive spending from Liverpool and Aston Villa"

I'm saying "Given that we now know some clubs do have money, maybe SI should tweak the finances in patch 11.3"

Why do you insist on arguing from the premise I'm trying to say (1) when I've been saying (2)?

Even you admitted that SI didn't get the Aston Villa one right, so why do you then insist that nothing should be changed in the patch?

sorry ive prob gone off on a tangent as usual!

I would say the only thing they would need to tweak is Villa's finances, Chelsea have unlimited funds in the game, the way it is set up at the moment, they have access to huge sums of money because of the way the sugar daddy thing works, just like Man City, i actually don't know what the set up for Villa is but i haven't seen them spend money like they did for Bent so perhaps they should get an adjustment. The thing to also remember is when we start a game of FM, all clubs have pretty much spent their budget for the window so there wont be a lot of money flying around, if you were to turn the transfer window off for the first half of the first season you will see more money being spent in January which would tie more in with some of the moves seen this year. But there is no real need to change much, clubs really don't have massive amounts of money available, a couple of mega rich people have contributed to the vast percentage of all money spent in January, without Chelsea Liverpool may have not signed Suarez and they definately would not have signed Carroll, take those two clubs and Man City out of the equation and the money spent by every club in Europe combined is tiny, even Wolfsburg did not spend despite receiving a huge fee for Dzeko.

I have noticed this quite a lot, but most of the time I am never able to sign any of them either! Got to be honest, I can't ever remember a version of the game where the transfer system has been as bad as it is now. In 07 & 08 I used to get annoyed at having to continually having to turn down enquiries, but at least teams made them and made offers. As it stands now, I get loads of media interest saying that big bids will be coming in, but they never do. I am in my 5th season with my current save and have only sold 2 players who I didn't transfer list.

The one's I transfer listed went for far less than they were worth. I was really annoyed at one of my transfer listed sales. I had a 22yr old Brazillian winger who was a star. Unfortunately he didn't like my team talks, we fell out and I agreed to sell him. He was worth £8mil, a regular 1st team player, national 1st team player and the best offer I got was £3m. I sold him anyway, I don't really need the money, but he should have gone for a lot more. A couple of months later, he was valued at £14mil.

Last night, out of interest I tried signing Jack Wilshere. He was still in the Arsenal 1st team but not playing (3 games in last 2 seasons). His value was £5mil and he had 18 months on his contract. I got a scout report and they said I might have to bid £10.5mil.

I tried £8mil and it was rejected. I bid again at £10.5mil but Arsenal came back wanting £27.5mil and my new winger who was worth £21mil! I turned them down as this was just plain ridiculous. I made a couple more bids the following month, both were rejected and more ludicrous demands were made. I gave up. A month later he went to Bolton for £3mil.

I recently went for Romelu Lukaku but Man City beat me too him,he played 5 times scoring 4 in his first season, so I went back halfway during next season to see how he was playing, there he was rotting in the reserves couldnt believe it. I put in a bid of 6 million and hes coming to me next summer after Man City paying nearly 20 million for him a year and a half before. Transfer system is a joke cant sell the players you want to sell unless its for an awful price and cant loan out your best young players, I cant understand it, if you have a top class youth every lower club should be interested in him but no not in FM.

Villa spent £18m with add ons for Bent, also £4.6m for Makoun, Liverpool spent over £50m on Suarez & Carrol, Chelsea spent £70m on Torres & Luiz. Also players like Sessegnon to Sunderland (£6m) Babel to Hoffenheim (£6m) Tuncay to (the best part of £5m). These transfers wouldnt happen at the moment in FM 2011 because of this ridiculous statement of the finances in the game reflecting the worlds economy. The next transfer window there will be even more spending around the world. The transfer system sucks in FM and its been proven with this window just passed. You can say "take Chelsea & Liverpool out of the equation all you like but you still had players like Tuncay, Sessegnon & Babel moving to clubs like Hoffenheim, Sunderland & Wolfsburg respectively for pretty tidy sums, these transfers would NOT be in the game due to the silly "world economy" nonsense. If 11.3 dont fix it then SI can take a flying jump off a cliff for wasting my £30. Now stop defendind this trash.

Archived