should i add patch 11.2.1??

Just got my laptop back after it being away geting fixed for weeks and I've now re-installed my game, came back on here to get the 11.1 patch that I was originally running and see that theres a new patch been added which I'm seeing alot of bad threads about. Now wondering wether to install the new patch or wait and see if 11.2.2 is added, any ideas what to do guys??

Overall, it's a better patch than the travesty that was 11.1, and it's an improvement on FM2011 out of the box, so yes install it.

Many of the threads that are negative about 11.2 are started by people looking to blame the game rather than themselves.

For example, people say that they can't score goals and their strikers miss everything when one in one, and that they never score a CCC.

mboro0ever6.jpg

Six shots, six goals, three CCC's says that's nonsense as you can see.

There's a definite problem with tactical instructions resetting frequently, and there's a problem with managerial reputation and "career" saves, but other than that it's an OK patch, if not a stellar one.

Overall, it's a better patch than the travesty that was 11.1, and it's an improvement on FM2011 out of the box, so yes install it.

Many of the threads that are negative about 11.2 are started by people looking to blame the game rather than themselves.

For example, people say that they can't score goals and their strikers miss everything when one in one, and that they never score a CCC.

mboro0ever6.jpg

There's a definite problem with tactical instructions resetting frequently, and there's a problem with managerial reputation and "career" saves, but other than that it's an OK patch, if not a stellar one.

agreed, its not the patch we all wanted, but it's a huge step up from 11.1, and its a much much better patch that 10.2 was at this stage. but there arent as many problems as people would have you think, like tubey says a lot of the so called problems are people blaming the game for their own failings

agreed, its not the patch we all wanted, but it's a huge step up from 11.1, and its a much much better patch that 10.2 was at this stage. but there arent as many problems as people would have you think, like tubey says a lot of the so called problems are people blaming the game for their own failings

i love that people are starting to realise this! All the 'too many red cards' 'my team cant score' etc threads are slowly disappearing cause people are following the advice they have been given and they can score etc

Its like PES, the 'way to score' last year doesnt work this year, would be a bit boring if it did?

Still a few bugs in the ME.

I've posted something about the GK leaving his line and freezing while my team played on and eventually scoring a goal in the bugs forum. I also noticed that defenders still slow down and allow the striker to get to the ball ahead of them. Just happened to me a second before I started typing this. Defender slowed down despite being a clear favourite. The attacker got to it so my defender decided it'd be a good idea to lunge at him which resulted in a penalty.

Overall though it's a good patch, certainly worth downloading if you're going to be playing the game throughout the month.

Really? You show one example of proper (over the top actually) shot conversion and we are supposed to disregard the numerous other examples that show there is something wrong and blame ourselves?

It's quite obvious who is talking nonsense.

Can't people tone down the fanboyism? Jesus...

Wait for their third patch. Game is still unplayble for anyone who wants a serious game.

Really? You show one example of proper (over the top actually) shot conversion and we are supposed to disregard the numerous other examples that show there is something wrong and blame ourselves?

It's quite obvious who is talking nonsense.

Wait for their third patch. Game is still unplayble for anyone who wants a serious game.

I'm not a fanboy. I've been very vocal about how the three patch policy is ridiculous and I won't be buying FM2012 until March 2012.

That said, 11.2.1 is nowhere near as bad as people make out.

As for "one example", well, here you go:

LGCUFI.jpg

EVER3SPURS0.jpg

I'll post more if you like.

There's nothing wrong with the ME, people are getting their tactics wrong, or disregarding morale, or fitness, or teamtalks. The game code is universal - if I can score a decent amount of goals per shots on target ratio, and my CCC rate is reasonable, it means that anyone else playing the game with a bit of skill can do so too. And I'm no genius on this game.

EDIT:

ever5val0.jpg

Typical response really. Can't find a decent argument so I'll label a decent poster as a fanboy. :rolleyes:

As for the last bit, I suggest you go and ask the serious gamers in GPTG or the challenges forums how they are able to have 'serious' games?

Typical response really. Can't find a decent argument so I'll label a decent poster as a fanboy. :rolleyes:

As for the last bit, I suggest you go and ask the serious gamers in GPTG or the challenges forums how they are able to have 'serious' games?

Indeed.

You know, I think we should start a thread that documents all the occasions where people DO score goals and CCC's and just link every thread to it that says otherwise xD

Anyway...

EVER4LIV1LOL.jpg

^^

Not really. He was the one who argued it's the players' problems and not the games when it comes to conversion rate. Typical of the people who try to defend the game, because they think their sole proof enough to disregard numerous others that show the opposite.

Again, to the OP, don't bother with the game until the 3rd patch. It's unplayable on many levels for those who want a realistic (as much as a game can be realistic) experience.

Not really. He was the one who argued it's the players' problems and not the games when it comes to conversion rate. Typical of the people who try to defend the game, because they think their sole proof enough to disregard numerous others that show the opposite.

Again, to the OP, don't bother with the game until the 3rd patch. It's unplayable on many levels for those who want a realistic (as much as a game can be realistic) experience.

Not at all - I'm using simple logic. As the game code is universal, and as I'm playing the same game coding as everyone else, then it follows that if I can score chances, anyone else can.

Therefore, it logically follows that those who are not scoring chances are not playing the game as well as they believe they are, because if the game was at fault, I wouldn't be able to receive the above results.

Too many people look to play the "blame game" instead of taking an inward look at themselves. If I go on a poor run of form, my first reaction isn't to bitch about it on the forums, it's to think things through, analyse were things are going wrong, and take measures to correct them.

Again, to the OP, the game IS playable but has a few niggles with managerial rep/career games and tactical instructions resetting when you switch rotations. They are literally the only two real issues in 11.2.1.

You obviously didnt see the record Sunderland game recenly, sigh. It can happen, get over it and play the game or don't, simple.

Looking at the stats in the game he highlighted, Rangers played a narrow counter-attacking game and shut out Juventus, blocking shots or leaving long range efforts. Because the human player was playing a high-tempo, fluent game, his team snatched at chances.

He would have won that game if he lowed the tempo down, played possession football and maybe knocked his philosophy back to balanced so Rangers came out of their shell.

See? Tactics.

OP, get the patch, play the game and try and enjoy the challenge of being successful. Regardless of what people say, the majority of criticism and whining stems from not being as successful as they would like, otherwise they would be like all the other people enjoying it and playing it more than the time spent on thes forums. Obviously it's not perfect/has issues but it's a great game to play as the majority would tell you but again they're too busy enjoying the game.

I don't get it...

If User A posts several screenshots of his team failing to score, "so what? it's your tactic, the game's fine"

If User B posts several screenshots of his team scoring plenty, "see, the game works just fine!"

But... why doesn't it work both ways?

I mean, if examples of awful SoG/Goal ratio are labeled as coincidence/bad luck/poor tactic and are basically dismissed with the traditional "it's your tactic"/"**** happens" line, why can't it be the same when others bring forth examples of matches with tennis-like results and with insanely high scoring rate?

That 1-1 with 13-2 SoG is as "broken" as the 4-1 win with 6-6 SoG...

The only difference is, any of us would have ranted endlessly had he LOST 4-1 in such a game...

"It's your tactic" works in positive too, so it's just unfair producing tons of screenshots of glorious wins to prove the game is fine, when the same game with inverted teams would generate epic tantrums and death threats to SI.

To me it just shows there IS a problem with the game, which tends to produce "exaggerated" results, be it draws that should/could have been decisive wins, or decisive wins that could/should have been draws.

It's just we don't care when it goes in our favour... so we assume it's all fine ;)

I don't get it...

If User A posts several screenshots of his team failing to score, "so what? it's your tactic, the game's fine"

If User B posts several screenshots of his team scoring plenty, "see, the game works just fine!"

But... why doesn't it work both ways?

I mean, if examples of awful SoG/Goal ratio are labeled as coincidence/bad luck/poor tactic and are basically dismissed with the traditional "it's your tactic"/"**** happens" line, why can't it be the same when others bring forth examples of matches with tennis-like results and with insanely high scoring rate?

That 1-1 with 13-2 SoG is as "broken" as the 4-1 win with 6-6 SoG...

The only difference is, any of us would have ranted endlessly had he LOST 4-1 in such a game...

"It's your tactic" works in positive too, so it's just unfair producing tons of screenshots of glorious wins to prove the game is fine, when the same game with inverted teams would generate epic tantrums and death threats to SI.

To me it just shows there IS a problem with the game, which tends to produce "exaggerated" results, be it draws that should/could have been decisive wins, or decisive wins that could/should have been draws.

It's just we don't care when it goes in our favour... so we assume it's all fine ;)

The bolded bit shows why there's indeed not a problem with the ME and it is tactical. If I were not doing something tactically right, I wouldn't win. If I do something tactically wrong, I'll lose. When combined with managing morale, fitness and form, it's that simple.

If the opposition had done something differently in terms of tactics, the result would have changed. All my screenshots show is that on those occasions I out thought the opposition, whilst the occasions when you lose a game are times when the opposition have outthought you.

There is absolutely no problem with the game - I've posted screenshots showing clear examples of the ability for a manager to score goals and be clinical, which is the main argument levelled at 11.2.1 - it's pure nonsense. For every one of those screenies, I could post three more were I've dominated sides and won 2-1, lost 1-0, drew, been battered and won 1-0, hung on to a draw etc.

My point is - people overemphasise the negatives when they lose because they can't take the thought that they've failed, and instead turn to an easier target in the ME.

I don't win every game; the difference is, I don't blame anyone other than myself for a loss. You can use the myriad of analysis tools in the game to understand where you went wrong with a degree of ease - however, most people on here somehow think that placing 11 people on a pitch in a certain formation is enough to win a game.

I call it "I have Messi so I should win every game" syndrome.

OK, here's a case in point:

I just lost 2-1 to Manchester City.

mc2ever1.jpg

Notice that I had more CCC's and more possession.

So I look at the game.

Balasz Dzsudzsak got the MotM award, so I see what he was doing with possession:

duzdustat.jpg

As you can see, he's seeing the ball a lot on the left and completing passes, indicating not enough was being done to isolate him.

I analyse Milner on the opposite wing:

milnerstats.jpg

Job done. Much less involves in the game, unable to hurt me on the flank.

So what I should have done is substitute Fabio, who I used at right back, and brought on a player to physically bully Dzsudzsak and make sure he had less time on the ball.

The fact I didn't largely cost me the result.

I do NOT blame the ME, because I'm playing the game and there's zero issue with it in 11.2.1.

The players who moan about the ME never, ever produce stats or analysis to back it up.

Can i just say like Tubey i have also NOT had any issues scoring goals. in my first season things didn't work out n i had minor issues with goal scoring but after fiddling the tactics and trying different things it seemed to sort itself. Can only assume it must be tactics or varies computer to computer. I've certainly seen no proof to say the game does not work.

Archived